Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Thanks! Glad you liked it! I enjoy the world building aspects as much as the horny parts, so I’m always pleased when I hear people liking that aspect of it as well.

That said, the next Lily update will be sure to bring the horny back…with a VENGEANCE!

2 Likes

Replaying the game, I noticed an interesting detail with the green-haired sisters.

They all show or showed the Virtue opposite to the sin they were paired with. Sam was diligence, Sophia is chastity, Steph is temperance.

The fake apostles did this too. Does an apostle get more power from this?

2 Likes

Not an intentional set-up with the sisters, but I will take full credit for it!

4 Likes

Hi, when I arrive in a big house where we have to create a muffin, after having created the meffin, I don’t know where to go, I still have the left part accessible, thx ?

1 Like

Follow the final instruction:

Feed the muffin to the duck

It’s in the pond in front of the house.

2 Likes

Ok, theory:

Becoming an apostle requires the death of someone close to you. Willow lost Gretel. Sebastian lost Antoinette. In a hypothetical example Sebastian mentions Heather losing Mauve. Lily… ok that one I need to speculate further but if I’m right then that implies something else.

And a random question. Not sure if it was mentioned and I missed it but which of Mauve and Heather is the elder?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble! It is as Yojumbo said. After you make the muffin, feed it to the duck in the pond outside. Following that, go back into the house and interact with the bookshelf in the entrance hall.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the muffin mystery!

Your theory is correct! I was wondering if anyone was going to notice Sebastian mention that particular detail, and connect the dots! Good spot. If you want to know how it applies to L, check out her parents house. There’s a grave in the back.

As for the random question, I can’t remember if it was ever said, but Heather is older. But not by much.

1 Like

I was wondering if they were twins. Twins seem to be a recurring theme.

1 Like

I do have them listed as “Twin F” and “Twin M” in the files. But I don’t know if I ever made them being twins canon.
I wrote a lot of weird stuff in the early game files. Like Steph is called “Moneysister” and Veronica is named “Hannah.”

Heyo Waxe! Been away for a bit, so I was so pleasantly surprised to see a new update! Great job as always!

Whilst there wasn’t much fetish stuff for my particular tastes (although I did enjoy Sam’s badonkadonk reveal!), the world building and character development of Gretel in particular makes this new update a blast to play! The Cynthia parts were very unnerving, but I suppose that’s the point (I will also now be conditioned to be creeped out when I hear Another Love playing haha)

I also really enjoyed taking Greg’s perspective for a good chunk of it - we know how the villagers react to outsiders, so this was a good way to see how the villagers react to one of their own, and the Thomas reunion was very cute.

I do hope we get to see more of Greg, just for pure character exploration reasons rather than any kink. He really adds a new dimension to the townfolk. The confession scene in particular was very well written, and even though I felt sorry for Ezzy, I can definitely see where Greg is coming from as a concerned and probably confused dad.

Speaking of Ezekiel, I do hope we get to see more of him in the next update. It would be interesting to contrast his perspective of the war with Greg and Thomas’ more jaded and cynical viewpoints. Plus, his design is fun! And hey, if Greg and Pamela request the Apostles to help prevent their son from going back to the frontlines, I’m sure someone like L would have her own unique ways of persuading him - you can’t go back to playing soldier if you can’t fit out of the front door, just saying! :3

Speaking of belly stuff, I did miss seeing my favourite Beastial siblings, especially my favourite character Mauve, but I’m glad that they had a throwaway reference from Gretel musing about her abilities. Now that L is off doing some sneaky activities with the Saviours, I wonder who is in charge of looking after them for now. Might be interesting to see how the other Apostles handle Hog and Sow husbandry!

I do like that the update leaves us in the room where we can freely observe all the characters’ weights. Speaking of which, will we be getting Greg, Ezekiel and Jim in the observation room? On that note, I kinda wish the trio had more banter in the observation room like in the earlier update, for example when Sebas and L were getting competitive over which sibling had been fattened up more. However, we do get all your wonderful developer notes in the gallery, so that’s a fun compromise haha

Congratulations with this update, Waxe! You did a phenomenal job! Can’t wait to see what happens next!

1 Like

That explains why Cynthia had 263 pairs of twins. It also adds another dimension to Sebastion trying to stop his wife from dying. I don’t know whether it was because he knew about becoming an Apostle and feared it, if Cynthia killed her (slowly) to make Sebas an Apostle, or if there’s some other reason, but I’m certain that it played a part in his need to save her somehow.

I have a problem with saving too much while playing RPGMaker games, but this time it worked out in my favor because it let me notice that Gretel’s level continuously dropped throughout the update as she ate more and more food. This implies to me that the Apostles reverse level as they fall further into their respective sin, reaching level 1 when they have gone too far to turn back.

I’d also like to drop my appreciation for the title card. I opened the game up again to look through the sprite room and got a better look at it. I especially like what was done with L’s reflection because her face being scratched out represented her absence from the update, that fact that she isn’t hiding anything, AND the fact that as a shapeshifter, she doesn’t have a real face.

I’ll cap off my ramblings by asking something I’ve been curious about for a while. Have you ever requested something that cj refused to do for content reasons?

Welcome back! Glad to have you around for the newest Apostle update! Sorry if there wasn’t too much in the way of content for you this time around. Besides big ol Jacob, there wasn’t much boy content this time around. Happy you enjoyed the Sam reveal, I did quite enjoy that one as well! Though next time we may just see some gains from the front as well.

I did at one point intend for this to be a Lily and Gretel section, with the Lily sections covering more story with Mauve, but ultimately I decided to split the two up. So it was all Gretel this time, but all Lily will be in story for next update! Which will include plenty of time for Mauve fun! (With a possible joining of another lucky man.)

Happy to hear Greg came across well! It’s sometimes hard to add a ‘new’ character who is meant to be friends with everyone, as that can come off as someone being unnaturally good. As for seeing more of Greg, we went through most of his planned content in Auburnwoods in 0.10 and he will soon need to return to the front, where we will continue the war storyline with Ezzy and Jim. I can neither confirm nor deny any weight gain from them!

On the subject of the observation room, the three men at war don’t have their own dedicated room just yet, as they don’t have many sprites. But if that changes they will get their own room.
As for more group comments in the room, not a bad idea!

Thanks for the playthrough, hope you enjoy the next Apostles update and the first release of my cyberpunk themed game!

1 Like

Dang! Didn’t think anyone would connect the dots on that one so quickly, but if you are implying what you think you are implying, then you are right!

The loss of level actually isn’t so much from Gretel giving into Gluttony, as it is her just getting fat and out of shape. As she said during the walk to Sam’s cave, she is no longer as fast or as strong as she used to be. If you check her exact stats, Gretel’s attack power and agility have dropped with each level. Her magic however, has stayed the same. As has her defense stats.

So while Gretel becoming a better Apostle of Gluttony is losing her levels, that isn’t the standard for all Apostles. Wrath for example wouldn’t be level 1, neither would envy or pride. Lily is low level because she’s never been in a proper fight, and can breeze through conflict with her voice. And Sebastian just is naturally bad at combat, as seen with his failure to hit the targets when he practiced with Heather last update.

All credit goes to CJ! He nailed the idea I had for it, and did it even better then i had in my head.

Not really! The closest would be a scene in slob Heather. Originally we wouldn’t fade to black before Heather messed herself on the floor of the inn. CJ said he’d do it if I really wanted to, but preferred not to if it was an option.

CJ has been extremely flexible with the absurd requests I make of him for sprites, and brings his A game even for sprites he doesn’t care for. Like the Mrs. Pupper Kupper’s sprites. I’m very lucky to work with him as I consider him the best sprite guy all around!

In a slightly similar vein, there was a sprite I was thinking of asking for, but ended up changing my plans on it. Originally I thought it would be fitting for during Sebastian’s time passed between the elven courts that he’d be depicted as a chubbier fat kid. In my head it worked well in a story sense, as he was meant to be a spoiled brat who got every toy and luxury he asked for. And also I thought it’d be funny XD.

But then I realized it might come across as trying to fetishize young Sebastian. (Which would be a fair mistaken assumption to make in a game about weight gain fetishes) So I erred on the side of caution and just kept Sebastian normal sized.

2 Likes

I was implying that Cynthia was attempting to make an Apostle with the twins. I probably would have caught that sooner, but it’s been over a year and a half since I saw content from before 7.0 and I’ve forgotten many smaller details. That also makes sense about Gretel, I guess that I was just trying a little too hard to find a major plot detail. I might be doing that again, but I noticed you mentioned every Apostle except Greed, and when Sebastion was telling Heather about the Apostles in an earlier update, I believe that only 6 were shown…

I don’t know how we somehow managed to get more than one person to work on a game like this, but damn do you and cj make a great team! Along with anyone else that works on this game whose names I should probably learn.

1 Like

Then your implying is right! Yes, lady Cynthia specifically birthed twins during that time, so they’d have someone to love and then lose. A very Cynthia type of evil plan!

I’d give a level for Greed, but in their case it varies quite a bit. That said…you are on to something with there being something ‘off’ with the number of Apostles. When the parody Apostles were shown, there was only 6 of them, instead of 7.

Thanks! And I like to think the same!

As for the others on the team:

Proofreader and Playtester “Logitechk1” logitechk1 - Hobbyist, Writer | DeviantArt (Also has some GREAT stories, so check those out!)

Proofreader, Playtester, and Story Help “Resop” (Helped write the pink haired elf character, WHO WILL FACE LILY’S WRATH SOON!)

Lots of spelling and grammer help in early updates- laptopsuc4

Spelling and Grammer fixes, “Erronwolf” BIG THANKS for you help on 0.1-0.3

Spelling and Grammer help- Juxtaterrestrial, check out their game- Myre’s Massive Mealtime - a stuffing game (v0.37 now with android)

PlayTester “Elric1968” fellow love of big butts

Playtester “Weiss Draconis” Sophia number 1 fan!

PlayTester- qwerty2999 Helped make Betty and Reggy

Playtester “Cggo” Heather Number 1 fan!

Something executive- “LazerCamel” And a big thank you to all his help in music and in brainstorming! And check out their game- Fattaker - A Fatty Remake of Helltaker (Directors Cut Update On Hiatus)

Playtester “SirBunnyMan” Helped me more times then I can count with than/then grammar mistakes.

Playtester- “Nerds1” Check out his game Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

5 Likes

Started to play the update yesterday and I really like the new starting menu , giving us a small extra detail to the 3 main characters. And wow , Bel sure got softer in both ways. My favorite charcater Thomas as cunning as I thought he’d be and some nice surprise on Sam aswell. I think my most favorite part so far was whenever the scenery switched over to Sebastian and the one whose name I forgot and suddenly these songs played. I mean , poor Sebas but I couldnt help but giggle when I heard these songs. I will see what else this update brings as I didnt spoil myself by ignoring the reviews and messages on this forum

1 Like

Do you think some kind of plot synopsis or a plot overview would be too much to ask for? I do enjoy this game, but some of the references and connections fall through the cracks in my memories over the course of waiting for the next update.

1 Like

@Markava123JD
All praise goes to the great CJ for the starting menu art! He did a great job with it!

Happy to hear that many of the characters shown in the update were fun to interact with. Bel has become softer and more accepting of the changes that come with the Niss, while Thomas has gotten more hardened and suspicious of the changes the Niss have brought.

Meanwhile Sam being a bit ‘headstrong’ would never directly accept the Niss if it was offered to her directly. So it’s only fitting that when Sebastian is distracted with Cynthia that Sam ends up putting on quite a bit of weight on her own accord!

And I am very, very happy to hear you enjoyed the Cynthia and Sebastian sections! I was quite worried that they would ruin the more light hearted sections with Gretel, or the music would be too off-putting. But I was wrong on both counts, as many have said they enjoyed those sections! I’m happy to be wrong!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the update!

1 Like

@ronsmalltail
Possible one day, but not something I would be able to put together just yet.