Approved and starting to roll out ads

We where approved for AdSense this morning and have started working on rolling out the ads. If you are a patreon that is over $5 you will not see any changes but for every one else you should start to see ads on mobile and desktop. We will be playing with layout and ad sizes over the next couple of weeks so expect to see them kind of pop on and off as we work on them.

And for those who where wondering, yes google allows us to disable weight loss ads lol.

Remember if you have any feedback or concerns in relation to the ad system feel free to let us know in the #forum:ads category!

14 Likes

FYI that the topic is still unlocked. In case it’s an oversight.

sorry, can you clarify? Are you talking about the #forum:ads category or one of the topics in them? They should be fully unlocked now for use as that is intended but I assume you mean locked?

Sorry! I just mean this news post we’re typing in. I’m used to news posts (by staff) being locked, so I wasn’t sure if you left this post unlocked intentionally.

1 Like

lol oh no we keep these opens for direct feedback unless no discussion is needed. Thank you for pointing it out though!

1 Like

Oh! My apologies then. :sweat_smile:

Unrelated but the disabling of the weight loss ad reminds me of that one ad that literally uses BetterWithSalt’s art for the advertisement. Ironic, heh.

But on a serious note, it’s very much good to see the forum moving forward and developing! I wish this place the best in days to come and I applaud y’all for making it this far

1 Like

Oh I saw that ad. I bet they just looked up “drawing of a fat woman” and picked a random result lol

1 Like

Well, I normally don’t mind weight loss ads because usually they have a before and after, which means I can admire the before image and pretend it’s the after image.

But on a feedback note, the ads seem pretty big on mobile, they almost take up the entire screen until I scroll past them

1 Like

Also, just noticed that the bottom ad can cover the next recommend page, like this

1 Like

Thanks, we’re looking into it.

2 Likes

As a reminder post about any odd behaviors or ads under the #forum:ads category just so we can keep it organized

2 Likes