Belly Mod release(current as of 7/1/2017)(combat and office patch)

errr. will it break the game to have 2 gamedata folders?

I’m not even sure what it is you’re asking. You can’t really put two different directories with the same name in the same place. Generally the idea when installing mods is to merge the contents of their gamedata folder into the original one.

ohhh. so replace the ones with the same name?

Generally speaking, yes.

Do you have another link to Maternal-Reads mod? This one is dead.

Looks like pregchan is down at the moment. I posted a request for another link at their DeviantArt page, but you can also get instant access by subscribing to their Patreon.

Alright, appreciate it. Thanks.

They responded to you and dropped this link for it:
https://www.patreon.com/file?h=20604039&i=2747869

Thanks again :slight_smile:

hey it’s time for a long overdue update!

It’s been difficult to find motivation to work on the mod for awhile. I’ve chipped away here and there but my focus has been on other writing projects(you can find the first part of my new story series here: here).

But in productive news the past day or so i made a change I’ve wanted to make for a long time. It’s not a super apparent change but I’m excited i got it to work. In the base game when a character gains weight, generic.fat is updated, and then on the next update the breasts, abdomen, and body organ add additional fat to the breasts, hips and belly. This creates new fat from nothing. When you get high values for fat.belly for example you can end up gaining 3 pounds just from 1 pound worth of calories. Additionally when fat.belly changes, it suddenly creates or removes fat as well.

This doesn’t happen with my changes anymore. Now the game uses fat.belly, fat.breasts, fat.hips and two new stats fat.ass and fat.body to determined what percentage of fat gained goes to where. This opens up the path to have items and events be able to change fat distribution. Also now when the fat distribution does change, it doesn’t alter existing fat.

With how quick I got it done I’m surprised I didn’t do it sooner. I’m not sure how much I’m going to get done in the short term, but i intend to finish the update. It’s coming eventually.

2 Likes

To say that the fat is created out of nothing is a bit of a misrepresentation; the fat.[organ] stats are supposed to represent a percentage for distribution. It doesn’t always work that way, of course; there’s no checks in place to weight the percentages down if their total exceeds 100%. The weight recalculations in human_body really also ought to be their own Action that’s called hourly rather than the default next-hour script, so that items or events can call it and update in real time, but that’s a whole other issue.

That said, I’ve been banging my head against a wall with some of the ways weight from fat is calculated in Maternal-Reads’ mod (and by extension, 0.99), so I’m interested in seeing your approach. There’s pros and cons in untying distribution from existing weight, too; I’m sure there’s something it’ll break but that’s always the risk when doing larger overhauls.

To say that the fat is created out of nothing is a bit of a misrepresentation;

Functionally that’s what it does. The belly, breasts and hips did not have fat distributed to them, it has fat created to them. generic.fat gets set by digestion and what not, and then more fat is created for those organs. If you in devmode or through an item alter any of the fat.* stats and then wait an hour the characters weight will change significantly since belly fat for example is tied to what generic.fat is and not what the character has eaten. It would be different if the fat added to each area was subtracted from generic.fat.

the fat.[organ] stats are supposed to represent a percentage for distribution. It doesn’t always work that way, of course; there’s no checks in place to weight the percentages down if their total exceeds 100%.

The way i do it is pretty simple. probably not very efficient, but it works. This is basically the math i do cut down for readability:

new_fat = (current fat - old fat);
total_fat_dist = (fat.belly + fat.ass + fat.body + fat.breasts + fat.hips);
abdomen.fat += (new_fat*(fat.belly/ total_fat_dist));

And that last line i do for each of the 5 fat.* stats (the three old ones + two new ones.). On a very basic level it finds what percentage fat.belly is of all the fat.* stats and then adds that percentage of fat to the relevent area.

So fat.belly does not represent a percentage of fat going to a place, but it does now represent the share of fat that goes to that particular place. In my opinion that is more important than having the specific number represent an actual percentage. I don’t know how I would make that work without tearing a bunch of stuff up.

There’s pros and cons in untying distribution from existing weight, too; I’m sure there’s something it’ll break but that’s always the risk when doing larger overhauls.

I’d say it’s tied more strongly to existing weights now. Fat gained or lost is now tied entirely to eating or exercise. Also it opens up a bunch of cool new things. As a consequence of this new system, you will gain weight in particular areas, but you will also be able to lose weight from that same area just as quick. But if one of your fat.* skills get lower or the other get higher it gets harder to lose weight from that area.

This opens up some cool possibilities. For example pregnancy could now give an effect that buffs fat.hips and fat.breasts. This wouldn’t cause a sudden increase in weight any more and it has the added benefit of modeling a fertile figure AND it provided a model for having hard to loose baby weight.

And that’s just cool to be able to represent so simply.

1 Like

hello. not sure if its bug or im doing something incorectly but in brothel there is a client that says “- As you can see, I need some release… so much release! I need to fill you up!” but when i press continue no sex scene happens and it just takes me back to selecting new client.

Its a bug i introduced in this version on accident by deleting a file i shouldn’t have. it shouldn’t cause any other problems though.

1 Like

Would it be possible to fix the issue by replacing the file from an older version?

That should work fine

What’s the file name?

What’s the name of the file that’s missing?

It’s one of the template files in the brothel that starts with ‘client’ and includes the word futa in it

In “Dohvacom and juxtaterrestrial Belly Mod(image patch 2).zip” I don’t see any such template files starting with “client” or having the word “futa” in it, just the following:

• belly_almost.tpl
  • belly_big_enough.tpl
  • preg_client_changes_0.tpl
  • preg_client_changes_18.tpl
  • preg_client_changes_2.tpl
  • preg_client_changes_8.tpl

Apparently i never actually included the file in a mod. it was just a testing file. to fix the problem you can delete the file take_client_huge_breeder_futa in the events/city/brothel