Biscuits and Brimstone

Gotcha, all very good information to hear! Thank you so much, I’ll take it all into consideration :smiley:

1 Like

Hey I wouldn’t blame you, I find myself staring at these sprites pretty often myself >///>

I really like the game but I can’t even play it anymore even when I redownload it. I really wanted to fatten all of the godessess

1 Like

That’s so strange! Unfortunately I think it might be some issue with GDevelop or your operating system, since I’m not sure what I could do to fix it :[
Did you uninstall the game via the control panel? Are there any GDevelop folders in your documents or appdata or something? :o

This was a delight to play with a fun gameplay loop and lovely art! One of my favourites of the jam :]

1 Like

the new thing I learned/remembered is that the ghosts on some levels can stand next to the wall with the door or the door itself and stay that way until I move away or come closer.
and secondly, at lower levels (where there are a lot of enemies, like 10/12) in big rooms, with a lot of traps, the game gets a little bad and it sags a little.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! ;w; that means a lot to hear!

Ahhh important to know, thank you so much! I might just switch to Godot from GDevelop, because as simple to use as Gdev is, it definitely has its limitations :[

2 Likes

Man, I don’t really talk much but I just wanted to say I absolutely loved this game. It has to be my most favorite game out of all the game jams so far. The gameplay is engaging and fun, the artstyle is adorable. I love the execution of the loop of gathering stuff and using them to buy upgrades. Its a game I find myself coming back to replay quite frequently.

I’d honestly be willing to pay for a game like this if you ever do remake it. It has a ton of potential.

2 Likes

Holy shit, thank you so much dude that really means a lot ;w;

1 Like

Even though the game’s rough around the edges, it truly was a BLAST to play.

The simple yet fast-paced gameplay loop is amazing, incorporating a fun n’ frantic dungeon-crawler and upgrading a skill tree in yer downtime. Dashing and slashing feels really satisfying and the upgrades you get in the dungeon are quite varied, very impressive stuff for a gain-jam!

The sprite work is a little inconsistent at times, but isn’t that distracting from the overall game. Though I sometimes enter a room and get blasted by a ghost in less then a second.

Definitely one of my top pics from this jam!

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad you had fun!!! :sparkling_heart: it really means a lot to hear all that :]

Sprites are a little inconsistent since they came from 4 different sources, yeah. Nanat did the player sprites, I did a few sprites (the pylon, cards, ghost, elevator, coins, etc), most of the world sprites came from a CC0 sprite pack, and the food sprites came from another CC0 pack.

Ghost AI is rough, yeah :[ I had to toss it in during the last 24 hours of the jam ahaha, so I unfortunately didn’t have much time to iron it out.

One of the biggest struggles for me in game dev is wondering “Is this fun?,” so it really means a lot to hear that you enjoyed it!! ;w;

1 Like

I’m pretty late and there are a lot of comments here so what I’m about to say probably have been said before but anyway.

it’s pretty good, it’s just a shame that the game lags a lot when you get to the later stages making it less fun.

I wish there was something more interesting to use the food on after you have feed all the gods. healing isn’t that interesting and overhealing feels not worth it (and you can only do it once).

I’m not sure if this is a bug or just me being unlucky or something but the heal rooms and shops didn’t seem to spawn much. when they spawned it felt like it was always in the earlier stages, so part of me was wondering if it was some type of glitch making them not spawn after floor whatever

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!! :smiley:

I’ve heard from a few people that lag seems to be an issue, yeah. I have a few ideas on how I could optimize, but I don’t think I can do very much/I think the engine might not be suitable for handling projects this complex.

Food definitely could’ve used more utility yeah, I was hoping to add some NPCs in the dungeons, or maybe an ability where you could throw a plate of food to distract all the enemies in the room. Something like that!

The low fountain and shop spawnrate is strange, but I think it might just be a case of bad luck yeah :[ sorry to hear!

Otherwise, I’m glad to hear you had fun! :]

guess it can be a lesson in why you should avoid pure rng :​P

1 Like

Whilst I will say that the theme didn’t pan out too strongly for me, it’s a rock-solid Action RPG in quite a few other respects! I enjoyed my time playing this, ultimately. A fine game that I was glad to see come to fruition beyond its initial iteration!

1 Like

It is for 64 or 32 bits?

1 Like

GDevelop is the engine I used, and it appears to only support 64x. I apologize if it’s an inconvenience!

I really enjoyed this game, it was really good and I loved it, the art was pretty well too but the only problem I have is that the clear data button doesn’t work and erase and install the game again either, so I got the 100% of the game and I can’t do a replay

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad you had a good time! :]

Unfortunately I’m not sure why the clear data button doesn’t work :[ GDevelop handles saves weirdly, but all I know for certain is that the “Clear data” button is programmed with a single command to “Purge all saved data.” I’ll see if there’s any way to fix it, though!