Bittersweet: All About You

It’s hard to believe I’ve finally debuted my first appearance on social media. On a fetish forum no less.

I was a lurker here for a few years now. I’ve sunk my time and my money into what this forum has provided for free, so I figured it’s my turn to bring something to the table. My alias here is Bittersweet, and it will remain such while interacting with this piece of myself on other sides of the internet, such as Discord. I find it difficult to admit something so private as “personal taste” with strangers; even now I’m having trouble physically typing the words “Weight Gaming” while writing this for some reason.

My Intention
I’m not sure how many of you realize this, but we make art here. I truly believe everything produced on this forum is a work of art that is tragically shunned by an audience deserving of its praise. I plan on utilizing my talents as a writer to express my formal criticisms on some of my favorite pieces. (Nothing mean, I promise.) I only wish to properly celebrate the things created here, and hopefully inspire future works of a similar caliber.

My goals are threefold

1. Celebrate works of art and provide insight where I feel is most necessary.
  2. Flex my talents as a writer and editor in case I can somehow lend a generous hand to the creators. Think of my essays like a résumé.
  3. Interact with the good people of Weight Gaming.

Closing Thought

Allow me to drop the act a little. My previous attempts at connecting with strangers have been met with neglect not just from others, but from myself as well. Every time I start something with a group of people, it ends in a shallow grave.

First D&D group? Blew up.

Friends? Moved away.

Relationships? You’re joking.

I don’t want to make a big deal about it, but this has always been a constant problem for me. This is my first earnest attempt at making connections and I want it to be special, so I’m asking you, the reader, for a favor:

Do not kill this thread.

I know, the introduction board is a lousy place for this kind of discussion; it’s just full of strangers greeting each other and disappearing as fast as they’ve arrived. I want to change that; I want to talk to you about whatever it is you want to talk about. Here, I’ll start with a few questions of my own.

1. Who are you? Who do you believe yourself to be on the inside? Am I speaking to the real you or are you wearing a disguise too?

2. What do you do? I’m not interested in hearing about your job unless you are passionate about it; I want to know what you enjoy doing, even if it isn’t profitable.

3. Who is, in fact, the best girl? Or boy? Or none of the aforementioned genders?

4. Do you have a favorite artist in general? Could be music, visual media, or anything really. Even fetish artists since it seems to be appropriate here.

5. Who do you main? This applies to pretty much any video game you play.

6. I am looking for an RP server, do you have a suggestion? Now, I’ve never actually done this sort of thing so I’m looking for something with implied themes rather than full on ERP.

7. OCs? Might as well mention them, right?

I’ll try to respond to as many comments as possible to keep the discussion alive, but don’t feel pressured to answer all these questions. Again, I’m not expecting this thread to go anywhere so don’t feel beholden to it. It’s only an introduction to anyone concerning themselves. If you’ve made it this far into the post, you have my thanks. I hope we’ll meet again somewhere around here.

Adieu.

14 Likes
  1. I’m a man with a dream to create a vibrant story of human interaction.
  2. currently designing a sci-fi game universe
  3. Speedwagon best girl
  4. I don’t really have a favorite artist, just favorite art. Some visuals include anything from the Berserk manga and BLAME manga, the Mario Strikers Charged stylized art, adventure era Sonic stuff, and Space Patrol Luluco. Also, I’m not a furry, but some of those furry artists are really talented.
  5. Toon Link for Smash, Inkling Girl for Mario Kart 8, Baby Luigi on bullet bike for Wii
  6. Can’t help you here
  7. As a long time wannabe game designer I could give a myriad of different characters, but here’s just a few: Rona(well-off independent space delivery woman in year 2932), Stella(charming host of Stella FM, the most well known GRadio station in 2932, although she is extremely shy irl), Old Man(a traveller who lives off the land in a world where magic is beginning to take shape)
1 Like

If there was ever a correct answer, it’s this.

Dude, I feel you. That hit way too close to home.

*ahem*

Congrats on officializing your presence on the forum, Bittersweet!

I don’t normally interact with introductions but yours caught my attention. I’m eager to see what these formal criticisms will look like.

I can’t really tell you who I am because if I said that I knew who I am, I would be lying. I can say that I have this constantly changing ideal person in my mind and I’m just making attempts at mimicking them. Sadly not all these attempts succeed.
Why did my first posts on the forum have to be so awkward…

I kind of like to code but just as a hobby, I don’t take it seriously. I don’t have that much knowledge either. That may be why I didn’t make a game yet.

I main the Charge Blade. I mean, a weapon is not a “who” but that’s the only thing that comes to mind. No comments about how we charge phials please

1 Like

Know enough to know nothing.

None the less, I hope your passions never die. I used to love drawing as a kid, but never got back into it after my parent’s separation. (it’s all good now don’t worry.) I do a little bit of sprite work whenever I’m bored, which is where my profile picture comes from.

Also, what a coincidence, I too main Charge Blade in MHW! Tell me, are guard-points still a pain in the ass in the latest edition?

1 Like

I’m sorry Krispee, I needed to give you the proper time of day! I was so busy yesterday that I had all but rushed out a simple quote, so allow me to rectify this with an actual conversation.

Your world sounds interesting and I hope you find success in developing it further. I have a small story about development that, if you don’t already know about it, may interest you. Kentaro Miura, the creator of “Berserk” which you’ve mentioned earlier, adapted his work from several sources. The first few chapters were, let’s be honest, had no direction or subtly. He wanted to mimic the brutal world of Fist of the North Star. When Kentaro had an opportunity to drop the, at the time, middling Berserk series to work with his personal inspiration and illustrator of Fist of the North Star, Tetsuo Hara, he declined to develop his own work. After that encounter, Kentaro decided to reboot Berserk during the “Golden Age” arc by taking influences from shoujo manga of all things.

The lesson here is to absorb media like a sponge. If for some reason you’re stumped, entertain yourself. Watch a movie, read a book, look at some of your old drawing, who knows! That’s what MF DOOM does when he get’s writers block.

Sorry if I sound preachy, I sincerely hope it helps not only you, but anyone else curious enough to learn.

1 Like

(Glad to hear that it’s all good now. I’ll also just say that I know how it is.)

A fellow hunter that mains the same weapon as me? What a pleasant surprise!
If by “pain in the ass” you mean that guard-points happen accidentally, meaning I lose the input window for the discharge or press the wrong button, and I never get them when I want them, then yeah it’s still the same in MHR hahaha

If that’s not what you mean then I guess there’s a high chance that it still is. The Charge Blade doesn’t feel much different when compared to MHW in my opinion.
Maybe a nerf here and there but that’s it

heyo! I’m also a long time lurker who recently decided to make an account.

I’d say I’m an easy going guy with a passion for creation, and I hope to make my biggest ambitions a reality.

In my free time I like to draw, play/arrange/compose music, do worldbuilding/story telling, and I have a interest in sword fighting.

I myself don’t have a favorite artist of any particular medium. I like all sorts of art and I for the life of me couldn’t tell you who I think does it the best.

I’m a Faust main in Guilty Gear Strive, and a Link main in Smash Bros.

I wouldn’t know anything about RP stuff. I don’t do it myself

OC’s related to the fetish? not really. I do character work for my personal projects but I wouldn’t say that they’re my OC’s

1 Like

Despite my limited time here on this site, I welcome you all the same. I hope for expediency in your personal projects, whatever they may be. I’m currently working on a D&D 5e rework myself and I think it’s going pretty well. Not sure how much of 5e I want to mess with, but it’s becoming a significant chunk. Just remember to avoid hesitation and fail faster if that time ever comes to fruition.

My twin brother slaps me with Faust constantly, so you can say I have a bit of a grudge. I dabble a bit with Baiken in Strive (thank god I don’t have to remember 9 different parries) but will definitely learn some Bedmen whenever they come out.

1 Like

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. There was probably only one time I actually blocked a charging Diablos while buffing my sword.

It was so cool.

there’s always that one character in a fighting game that rubs us the wrong way. I’ve also played Baiken a bit as my secondary character, though it’s been a couple months since I last played strive.

I wish you luck on your D&D rework! I’ve written my own campaign for my friends even though I don’t have a ton of experience with the game, so doing a rework of the game sounds like a lot to do.

I’ve also been lurking on here for a fairly long time since I never had the balls to make an account as I mentioned in my own introduction, lurker gang assemble!

Ok but seriously, I like the idea of this thread, so here’s my answers:

1. Well for obvious reasons I’ve been trying to remain anonymous, but I’m not hiding behind any kind of false persona when writing, that being said I might be trying to act more polite and mature than usual to make a good impression… Okay that is definitely what I’m doing.

2. Writing is fun, I’d like to be able to make a movie someday.

3. Post-timeskip Ema Skye from ace attorney, there’s a reason why my user card background is fat art of her, it’s a shame they never made her chubby despite her eating habits. Also gonna give an honourable mention to Lord Dominator from wander over yonder because she definitely awakened something in me.

4. Considering this is a fetish forum I’m gonna just go with my favourite fat art creator, in which case I’m gonna have to go with the most basic choice, that being Betterwithsalt, because their art is just so high quality and their OCs are great.

5. Steve all the way.

6. I don’t know any RP servers but you could try RPing on character ai, there’s some pretty good bots there.

7. While I’ve never used them in anything I did come up with a feeder OC named Scarlet, a demon chef who used to do work in hell punishing those who committed the sin of gluttony, before she quit that is, since she wanted to feed those who would enjoy rather than consider it torture.

1 Like