Admin Card Attempted: 0.0
Admin Card Score: 0.0
Patreon Card Attempted 5.0
Patreon Card Score 5.0
Community Card Attempted 5.0
Community Card Score 18.0
Total: 436.0

Comments:

A very fun pikmin like game with a tight but compelling game loop. The encroaching night adds some nice time pressure, which when combined with the well-balanced difficulty curve led to some intense situations without the game ever feeling really overwhelming.

The music I found very enjoyable to listen to and fit the game quite well, though I think the general sound effects could have used more oomph to them. I do really like the command sound effect though as it never got annoying during my play time; though would have liked to seen a unique one for sending and recalling your troops just for the added feedback.

The two enemy types had very well-defined silhouettes making them easy to identify at a glance though it was hard to pick out the stronger ones at times due to the fact the stronger types where only differentiated by a darker shading on them. The units you command would have been nice if they had a more diverse silhouette from each other. Over all it was not bad but there are a few where they are so similar in look it became hard to tell who was who at a glance especially when they blobbed up.

The controls also felt really tight and you could really feel the weight of Blompo once you sent out enough of your units making it really easy to judge how many you need to keep around to keep up your ability to move. I would have liked to have seen some of the fetish elements play a bit more of a role, both visually and mechanically, in the game instead of just a simple level up system and reducing movement speed. For example, when I learned you could throw the palanquin, I thought how cool it would have been if depending on Blompo’s size if it caused some sort of AoE damage when he landed. This could have led to some intresting high risk high reward play instead of it just acting as an “oh shit” button to get out of a hard place.

Overall though the game is very solid, and the only major issues I would say are around its UX. It would have been nice to know what units did what with some sort of description in the store so I could have used them more effectively. I would also suggest selecting units by type instead of individually as this will allow for better control when under pressure. I would have also liked to see the roguelike elements developed out a bit more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game and feel it has quite a bit of promise that can be built on top of further!

Kilif Score

Category Total
Basics: 200.0
Art: 29.0
Writing: 14.0
Sound: 24.0
Concept/Design 124.0
Msc: 15.0
Admin Card Attempted: 0.0
Admin Card Score: 0.0
Patreon Card Attempted 5.0
Patreon Card Score 5.0
Community Card Attempted 5.0
Community Card Score 20.0
Total: 441.0

Comments:

This is great. As per usual, you deliver an excellent arcade-like experience with addictive game play. My only real complaint is that sometimes the enemies would blend in with my minions and make me take hits I could have otherwise avoided. Otherwise, this is a great use of the theme and the minions wild card.

Scores

Art: 60.0

Writing: 28.0

Sound: 43.0

Design: 246.0

Total: 877.0

1 Like

I love this game! But I was only able to get to the size 2. Is there any more sizes up or is there only 2?

1 Like

sadly didnt have time to draw more weight stages during the jam, i’ve been tempted to revisit the game for at the very least a web/newgrounds release with some content that was axed for time

3 Likes

please do!! its of such high quality that id be willing to spend money on it

1 Like

also whats your newgrounds account?

1 Like

i presently have https://ploomutoo.newgrounds.com/ but haven’t presently uploaded any games, ive been looking into HTML5 exporting

1 Like