Borderlands 2 fat replacer?

hello.
i was wondering if there’s any model replacer for the sirens (A.K.A maya) in borderlands 2 or the og borderlands for that matter.

Borderlands 2 is not mod friendly, if it were we would likely already be seeing stuff for it.

1 Like

Weeeeeell, there are mods to reskin face and body actually, old as fuck but they exist. Maybe it’s something that could be done but with a big amount of effort and time needed, since there are something like 50 mods in total for that game i suppose it’s a game hard to mod. Not impossible though.

2 Likes

Sorry to necropost but this is the only borderlands topic we have, and I didn’t want to make a new one…

I’ve done some modding with our gal ellie, looks pretty nice in the model viewer, but unfortunately it seems that TextMod has been killed by some recent update. I’ve tried adding the files to the game though UPK Explorer + TFC Installer but there is no change in game when launched.

Wasn’t really that hard honestly. Anyways here’s a 'shot

please dont kink shame me lol

i love how it looks tbh. If any one knows any working method let me know!

1 Like

update: got it working. UHD Texture Pack was the issue

1 Like

this is amazing. im so glad i made this thread ages ago. how did ou implement the textures/model into the game?

It was simple actually

In Ellie’s model from the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC the base shape is actually smooth, the bra is just texture & normalmaps. All I had to do did was paint over in photoshop, using content aware fill to cover the bra area with skin, then painted the nips from scratch.

Here is what it originally looks like without textures:

I used UPK Explorer to export the textures and TFC installed to implement them

1 Like

I’ve seen some mods for BL2 that modifies the character models, so i think is completely possible. However , the problems is that the tools aren still quite new and experimental. The mesh importer/exporter has issues sometimes, but the wiki has some stuff about how to fix it or solve it.

It is good to know that at least is possible. Bordelands is a fun game but the modding stuff is (without offending the work of mod devs of that game) quite barebones in my opinion.

1 Like

i get you, it is bareones but its not the devs fault. borderlands is/was a live service game so i assume they had anti cheat and anti mod involved into the game.

you can replace the main game model with the dlc one

it looks amazing, i love it.
im not tech savy tho so…do you have a tutorial on how to do this? this opens the gates and marks the start of borderlands 2 fat mods

1 Like