Casa Rond

I liked this project. Hope you expand upon it - build on top of what you’ve done. It’s a great start!

I’d love to see some time before days to get a chance to build. Some feature to identify individual girls and patrons would be great - names help build attachment.

I could probably write for awhile about what cool things you could add, haha. The important part is that i really enjoyed the project.

1 Like

Whats the song used in this game?

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes! There’s lots we wanted to do but had to cut due to time, like having a “Queen” entertainer to customize among other things like randomized names. But seeing as the groundwork is mostly there, I feel more confident we can polish this up into some more realised in the future, here’s hoping!

The song is Jamie Berry - Sweet Rascal. Here’s a link to it.

3 Likes

After enjoing it a while, I feel like to give you a proper personal review!

First of all, the artstyle is lovely and it have a stylish UI, for that I say bravo!
If I have to give some critic in this section, a full screen or a flat grid would have been nicer because the further away tiles felt a bit hard to properly work with. Another thing was having the opened UI covering the first row, making hard to place things.
But this are some minor issues and personal preferences.

The gameplay, for how the tutorial gave little explanation, wasn’t hard to figure out. I noticed that the bunnies have some “preferences” but I didn’t see any impact of sort and also noticed (after the third run) that the bunnies at the various carts tend to get curvier, intentional or not, it would be better have them in front of the carts.
Another improvement would be have the bunnies distinguishable from each other, otherwise you have to keep the worker menu always open to understand who is where and change them.
Last thing: do the full bellies or the HP matters? Altough I never push it too far.

With all said, I really hope for some future “polishing” because is very well made and pleasant to play, even in its current state.

A real jem in this jam :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel like I don’t really understand the game that well. A lot of people here seem to have figured things out, but I struggle to. The tutorial feels simple enough in explaining the concept, and as time passes, things appear to be going well. That said, there’s all these different ideas and components in the game - none of them very well explained past general experimentation. I try to set up tables for food, drink, or smoke and am unsure if distance is important. I’ll click on them and not really know if the buttons are working, or if they’re doing anything. Then ten minutes pass and I’ve somehow won by setting up tables with them being filled with customers. Post-game I experiment more, and still not really getting anywhere.

That said, the concept is great, the art style is absolutely spot on (as usual, but still! Credit where credit is due!), the musical choice is bopping and energetic and the little bounce each of the visitors and buns have are quite delightful~! I feel mostly like the game would be better with a slower progression, where we would have opportunities to be encouraged to try different pieces of furniture by having them become slowly available to us and having customers who more strongly desire those pieces of furniture, just to understand their impact. But maybe I’m the outlier here and I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong (or right).

I can see what you guys were going for, and if you do come back to it I’m really interested in what you all have in mind!

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 500
Use of Theme: 500
Art: 85
Writing: 25
Music & Sound: 60
Mechanics: 74
Game Concept 81
Use of Fetish 74
Judge Preference: 72
Total: 1471

Grimimic Score

Category Total
Art: 93
Writing: 76
Music & Sound: 80
Mechanics: 90
Game Concept 80
Use of Fetish 80
Judge Preference: 80
Total: 1579

Squirrel Score

Category Total
Art: 80
Writing: 30
Music & Sound: 80
Mechanics: 75
Game Concept 90
Use of Fetish 63
Judge Preference: 75
Total: 1493

Final Score: 4543

1 Like

Getting fifth place for final judging basically means we won, thanks everybody!

35 Likes

Grotlover2 Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 310
Writing: 50
Sound: 100
Concept/Design 1290
Msc: 190
Total: 21940

Comments:

I have to say I love the feel of this one. The art style, the music, even the small bounce the sprites do really adds to the energy making it feel like the roaring 20s! The concept its self is a simple but fun build your own speak easy sim where the player must layout their own speak easy to help serve customers and raise their reputation and money.

The only issues I have seen with it myself are mainly UX related which is expected for a Jam submission. The controls are a bit wonky and there is not a ton of feedback to the user on where they are clicking or where the cursor is on the grid. Also, I think the perspective needs to be shifted up a bit. The more side on view is nice but I have found myself having trouble selecting things as sometimes things would get in the way of the selection.

Also, I would have loved to see weight play as a bit more of a factor in some of the mechanics of the game as if it does influence anything it was hard for me to notice.

Otherwise, as with many of the top 5 a very cool concept I hope to see developed further or maybe act as a spring board for another game!

Kilif Score

Category Total
Basics: 20000
Art: 270
Writing: 10
Sound: 65
Concept/Design 1500
Msc: 190
Total: 22035

Comments:

A bit confusing at first, but pretty easy and fairly fun to mess with once you get going. The aesthetic choices were on point, and the artwork was extremely well done. Loved that patrons and hosts both had assets for getting bigger over time, and that there was a bit of creativty available for arranging the club how you liked. The only real strike against it was a lack of any real SFX and writing, otherwise I would rate it higher.

Scores

Art: 580

Writing: 60

Sound: 165

Design: 2790

Total: 43975