Cave of Temptations - A Twine Game [WIP]

Hello all.

I am posting my first attempt at a text-based game with Twine. It is nowhere near complete, more just a proof of concept with some initial ideas of where the game will go.

I hope you all enjoy!

27 Likes

I’m intrigued by what I see, but page scrolling seems to be disabled, so I can’t read all the text or reach the options at the bottom

2 Likes

Talk about a rocky start then! First time doing anything resembling coding so thought there might be an error or two, I’ll see if I can get that fixed quickly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Should be good now, enjoy!

2 Likes

It’s like Austin Powers says: “there is no effort without error and shortcoming.”

2 Likes

It’s a promising start, what’s there at least. Keep it up.

1 Like

interesting

2 Likes

Those first scenes seem very promising - and I found a bug (or maybe it’s a feature?): if you decide not to eat the 2nd/3rd cupcake, and then decide to go back to the table, instead of the cupcake you left at the table you see the first small cupcake.

3 Likes

Also, if you don’t pick up the key before going east, you can’t go back for it

2 Likes

What a great concept it is! I’m looking forward to seeing the different routes you can take; weight gain, stuffing, and maybe even a feeder route teased by Dawoud? If I come across any pies in a future version, you already know I’ll be running straight over to him!

a̶l̶s̶o̶ I̶ w̶a̶s̶ r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶y̶ h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ m̶y̶ c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ h̶i̶m̶ a̶ b̶e̶l̶l̶y̶ r̶u̶b̶ d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶s̶ d̶i̶a̶l̶o̶g̶u̶e̶-̶

loving it so far! but maybe add a limit to the wieght you can input in the beginning, i put like 99999999999999999999999999 and the game is treating me like im slightly chunky

1 Like