Chaldea Feeder Master (Fate/GO Fan Game) (Version 1.12 Out Now!)

Random thought,but I’d bet Jinako Carigiri/Great Statue God would be a good fit shame she’s not on NA yet though.

I can respect that. Happy to know you care about your work!

It continues to surprise me how much I like this game, great update. Do wanna make a note though, making burgers often yields this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1444, in script
    $ scfoofFlag += 1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1444, in <module>
    $ scfoofFlag += 1
NameError: name 'scfoofFlag' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1444, in script
    $ scfoofFlag += 1
  File "C:\Users\Dell User\Desktop\School\High School\New folder\New folder\New folder (18)\New folder\CFM-1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Dell User\Desktop\School\High School\New folder\New folder\New folder (18)\New folder\CFM-1.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1444, in <module>
    $ scfoofFlag += 1
NameError: name 'scfoofFlag' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Chaldea Feeder Master 1.1
Fri Oct 30 03:52:41 2020

So many places I could mess up and I fuck up writing the word food. Goddammit. I should fix this for 1.2, but for those that can’t wait and have ren’py installed so they can open the source code, just go to line 1444 and replace ‘scfoofFlag’ with ‘scfoodFlag’ and it should fix it.

Thanks for the bug report though! If anything else breaks when playing the game feel free to post a message on this same board since it helps me a ton!

3 Likes

I had a weird thing that I forgot to report, but I’m pretty sure what happened was I made food and accidentally clicked rest instead of feeding one of the girls, so I went to feed them after resting and the game booted me to the main menu without any error or anything. Might be something like the “Made food that day” flag hasn’t been triggered but the “Food in inventory” flag has been, or something along those lines.

Hey, do you remember what you cooked, and if so, do you mind telling me? The way the game is setup, having food in your inventory and cooking are completely separate individual variables, specifically to avoid this kind of situation. I tried recreating this scenario multiple times and had no problem, so I’m kinda stumped here.

Usually when ren’py just boots you out of the game it’s either because the line of code just leads to a dead end or because there are conflicting variables. So if you could give me some more information it would be greatly appreciated!

so i don’t really know how many characters you intend to add, but what about having emiya actually give advice for foods on the different girls, other than just “borgar”? like maybe

mata hari: “hmmm, i’d bet a girl born in a small town in the netherlands would prefer a dish more close to home. possibly a basic desert, or some type of mash with sausage in it would work”

scathatch: “…now i may risk impalement with this, but i believe scathach is the type of woman to prefer something sweet, RICH sweet, like a desert of some sort. if she asks, you didn’t hear this from me”

I feel like this is a really good idea, but it has to be implemented properly to really work. Part of the “challenge” (if you can even call it that) of the game is figuring out what each girl likes by talking to them and paying some semblance of attention to the dialogue. I think Emiya giving you hints about what each girl may like is a really good idea but it may also make the game too easy. It has to be vague enough so that you don’t get the answers right away but also helpful. I also feel like adding this when more characters have been added may be the right call since then you wouldn’t necessarily get the info on a character you are working on right away. So I have to think for a bit before implementing something like this.

I’m also keeping the “lol here is how to make borgar” part because, as I add recipes, players may feel a bit lost on the sea of menus and having some kind of guidance on what to go for, at least when starting out, seems like good design to me.

1 Like

Found a bug in the new character- I tried to talk to her after feeding her in one of the later stages.

Hope this screengrab helps fix it. =)

(If I’m reading this right- this might be checking for the other character’s variable and not finding anything because I never even visited her in this playthrough)

Gotcha! Thanks for the bug report!

This happened because the game was checking for Mata Hari’s (mhsatisfied) variable where it should be checking Scathach’s (scsatisfied), and since you never visited her in your playthrough the first variable was never set in the first place, causing the crash.

It should be an easy fix, just replacing what the game is checking should do it.

As a fan of Fate/GO I enjoy this. I will say that it isn’t that much of a game right now, there is nothing to do but get dialogue and feed the servants. That’s fine if that is the intent, but it makes the content go by really quick.

If this is going to grow into a VN style game then things like going out on activities with the servants to get hints for the food they want is a good start. Maybe have a group of food the servant wants, but change which one they are asking for at random so you have to go through the dialogue or activity to find out which you need for the day. Then you can gate the progression via if the player brings the food the servant wants.

Or you can move this into more of a dating sim direction where the weight is a scale and going out with the servant and feeding them gives a set amount of value on that scale till you eventually reach a break point where the next weight level is reached.

Like I said, I am a big fan of this. I am just pitching suggestions to maybe pad the length a bit, it gives the player more to work towards and makes the art feel more like a reward the player gets after going through whatever hoops the game is asking.

Great work!

1 Like

Aha, so I CAN read and extrapolate!

1 Like

This is amazing! I never thought anyone would make a FGO themed feeder game. Keep up the great work man!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words friend. Good to see that I’m actually reaching other Fate fans!

This game is pretty good. It’s very nice to see an FGO game here, keep up the good work !

I was wondering, how many servants do you plan to add into the game and how do you choose the body type they are going to get ?

1 Like

this game is very good.

Hey there! Those are both great questions!

The answer to the first one is: As long as I’m having fun making them. One of the most fun parts of making CFM is designing the characters. Sure, giving them flavor text and programming in ren’py are fun but it can’t beat doing the sprites. So, as long as I’m designing the game, you can expect new characters to be coming.

The answer to the second one is a bit more complex. It’s usually a combination between what I’ve already seen in other fan-art and the character’s natural body type. Say, if I was to do Raikou, she would definitely be more top heavy than say, if I were to do Mordred. Also having reference art really helps in determining this kind of thing.

2 Likes

I’m just downloading 1.2 now, but I wanted to say that my only experience with Fate has been through internet osmosis and references, so I might be 75% lost. xD

(Obviously that’s to be expected if you play any fangame of something you don’t follow)

So apart from having to totally guess the food they like, I’m having a decent enough time regardless.

Edit: The hint system REALLY helps with that last part, thanks.

Edit 2: One of Scathach’s description lines seems to still be referencing her gym attire, even when she’s in her standard costume. (After progressing through a little more, it’s more than one. You might want to take another look)

2 Likes

Aight, should be fixed. Completely forgot to set the variable that changes those lines of dialogue in a few places. Thanks for the Bug report!

Aside from that, I’m happy that even people that only slightly know of Fate are enjoying the game! The Nasuverse (aka Fate Multiverse) can be kind of confusing sometimes and the game is packed full of references that only a fan would know but I will do my best so that even people that are falling into the game headfirst can enjoy it!

2 Likes

Hello! Love what you got so far, your artstyle has quite the charming little feel to it.

A little suggestion, if you don’t mind: How about having a special piece of artwork as a reward for reaching the final stage with a girl? Like the 4th Ascension’s cool artwork in the original game. Something like Boudica sitting in her mini-kitchen enjoying her fried food, or Scathach happily stuffing her face with cakes and candy…etc
I think it would be fun to collect them like a photo album or something (of course, if it’s not too much of a pain in the ass for you to draw all that)

(Would also love to see Ereshkigal or Musashi join the roster)

3 Likes