Combo Crunch! (formerly River Game)

You need 7-zip or Winrar to unarchive the file. Both are free, and great tools to have!

A tutorial, if you want one: Super Amazing Guid To How To Do The Playing Of Rpg by Grimimic on DeviantArt

1 Like

will there be mac version eventually?
i tried wine and it doesnt work

Possibly, but likely no time soon. I’m currently busy no-lifeing new world, and I don’t have a Mac to test / develop on.

Thank you! I’ll try right now

no pressure, thank for reply :smiley:

Really good game! I agree with others about it being a bit difficult, I consistently picked the easiest wager and had a hard time completing even that the majority of the time. I definitely think instant game overs are a bit too harsh, as others have said it would be better to have a weight penalty upon losing the smaller wagers. Maybe reserve instant game over for the biggest wager?

Also, the character sprite is a bit small and it’s hard to take the time to look at it during gameplay. It would be neat to be able to get a larger view of the character in between rounds.

I think having multiple gamemodes would be interesting. My thought is to rename the current game to “infinite mode”, then have a separate gamemode without the wager system, but with a limited amount of time and/or overall rounds to gain a certain amount of weight. That way you could easily add different difficulties by adjusting the weight goal and the time the player has to gain it- plus having an ending would allow for end screens.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on implementing some sort of health system, to add more options between no penalty, and game over.

5 Likes

looking forward to seeing how it turns out with those.