Concept: pseudo-CYOA RPG Maker game

A lot of the games here are really impressive, but if someone there has a very specific interest, only certain parts of the game are stand-out for them. For me, I’m one who does not particularly care for WG, and am more an inflation kind of guy.

On that note, a while back I came up with an idea for a concept for a sort of a pseudo-CYOA game. At the beginning of the game, you are prompted to select whatever kinks or events you’d be most interested in. This would essentially tailor the short game/story/experience to your own interests. Think of it as something similar to the Stanley Parable, but it’s actually kinky and you get to choose the kinks.

Do note that this is only a concept. I have not developed it any further for a multitude of reasons (lack of time, no RPG Maker, not an artist etc.), but I’d still be interested to see what you think.

5 Likes

Its a good idea. However, something like a CYOA can be quite a lot of work. Especially if you want to cater for a large amount of various fetishes.
If you did want to, start with the basics of the game (like gameplay and mechanics) nd build up from there.

3 Likes

Oh, certainly. The plot and first pass would be the first one to be added, but considering how modular the game’s options would be, building on it would go fairly smoothly.

1 Like

It’s a good concept, but I don’t think RPG Maker is good for a CYOA thing, at least, not without extensive testing and plugins.

You don’t need plugins to do a CYOA in rpg maker.