Continuation of Karin's storyline/help with coding

Recently explored the story line in Nostordamus’s mod pack that introduced the Milk Barn in the Kau village. When the option came up to make Karin into a futa I decided to look into it because the proxy doing the training was a futa so it seemed logical that she wouldn’t be too concerned with Karin becoming a futa.

The quest seemed cut a little short after the player is effectively banned from the milk barn so I decided to dip my toe and see how difficult the coding portion is. I have no experience with coding and it doesn’t seem difficult, but I don’t know where to start.

I have a general script idea for it but I’m having difficulty with the setflags / getflags portion of it and am unsure as to where to look to set these correctly so that the mod works correctly. If anyone has any advice or feels like helping, I wouldn’t turn down the help.

Idea is:

Proxy must be futa (if they are female they must become a futa through the sorceress’ quest line).

Mathilda sees that the proxy is like Karin but not overcome by lust. She forces the proxy to help fix Karin.

Proxy either declines and is banned from the milk barn as it is now, or the proxy tries to find a way.

Proxy talks with the sorceress to see if there is something she can do. Sorceress agrees to help in exchange for coin to purchase materials for the spell, counter-potion, or charm to cancel out the potion.

Sorceress’ solution does not completely negate the potion’s effects and Karin is permanently a futa, but it does help a little.

Karin needs training to help cope with her urges.

Proxy trains with Karin to help her to stay in control. This could be similar to training a proxy (but in reverse?)

Karin returns to normal milking training with occasional “slip ups”.

Have a modified event set where Talia (Karin’s rival) teases her about her new equipment, but otherwise progresses close to what the original quest line does.

After Karin wins the milk battle, the shaman punishes Talia with bearing Karin’s children. Proxy gets to watch or not if they choose.

Karin is now a milk girl and a breeding stud and they get to view Talia’s pregnancy progress repeatedly if they want to.

Honestly the best way to learn is to just poke around with existing stuff. most of the script features are used somewhere else in the code. flags for example are used a lot in the games standard quests (felis, and the coffee shop.)

As for content i can’t offer much advice. Nost and i have very different styles

well is there any place to see what the flags do? because if I’m going to modify the flags in place, I’d rather rearrange the flags already in place.

For example in his mod at the end of Karin’s potion quest line Nost used SetPerFlag(“milk_barn”,2) and afterwards the proxy has no access to the milk barn. I would repurpose flag 2 but I don’t know where these flags are cataloged.

[quote=“Haben, post:3, topic:1205”]well is there any place to see what the flags do? because if I’m going to modify the flags in place, I’d rather rearrange the flags already in place.

For example in his mod at the end of Karin’s potion quest line Nost used SetPerFlag(“milk_barn”,2) and afterwards the proxy has no access to the milk barn. I would re purpose flag 2 but I don’t know where these flags are cataloged.[/quote]

Unfortunately they’re not catalogued. you can see what flags have been set by going into dev mode and pressing the print global flags (for global flags) or personal flags for flags only applied to the current proxy. Unfortunately to find where each flag is referenced your going to have to find the flags that reference it. I think milk_barn 2 is only reference in a few places

Flags are referenced per event file; they’re not really indexed anywhere. A flag’s value is just an integer with no deeper purpose; it’s up to an event file to decide what a particular value for a flag means.

The entrance walk event for the milk barn area checks that the milk_barn flag == 1, I think, but I’m not going to go check. If you don’t want that final event to kick you out, keep it at 1, but the existing events won’t notice that your cowgirl has a dick now, and you’d need a new flag and series of event files for anything you want to do from that point forward.

[quote=“Haben, post:3, topic:1205”]well is there any place to see what the flags do? because if I’m going to modify the flags in place, I’d rather rearrange the flags already in place.

For example in his mod at the end of Karin’s potion quest line Nost used SetPerFlag(“milk_barn”,2) and afterwards the proxy has no access to the milk barn. I would repurpose flag 2 but I don’t know where these flags are cataloged.[/quote]

You would need to look in the actual events, templates, items, effects, and whathaveyou to see where all the flags are mentioned. It can be a little pain but if you open up the files you can press CTRL+F and type in the flag to see where its referenced and track it there. Usually flags like that are simply markers for the progression of the storyline.