Cooking up some game ideas, which one sounds best to you?

Having trouble deciding which project to attempt to pursue. No promises any of these will come to fruition. But I have been messing around in blender and unity and think it’s high time somebody made a 3D weight gain game.

Honestly, it’s a hard choice between the mystery game & the RPG game. I like both ideas! Well, whatever game you make, I wish you good luck!

Fantasy Action RPG it is! I could wait for more votes, but I got a spark of inspiration and drew up some concept art of the main character. I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress as it goes along.

Woah! That’s some nice looking concept art! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Man, I was really hoping for that shooter. Still, lookin good so far! :smiley:

Hmm…Fatty Quest 64? So, you aim to create a WG game in a Nintendo 64 format? I think it sounds awesome!

It’s more of a working title, and I’m not sure if I’ll keep it. But I’m definitley keeping in mind Ocarina of Time as an inspiration, as well as Dark Souls. If I can I’d love to implement a targeting system in a similar style to those two games.

I kinda feel bad for putting that option in now. Out of the three genres Shooters is the one I know the least about (Even though I was a big Halo fanatic back in my Xbox days), and I definitely had the least amount of conceptual ideas for the game. I’m glad you’re still on board with the game that won though!

Thanks man! Really appreciate it! This is what I’ve done with it (in the attached files) so far following a blender tutorial for making character models. It’s not perfect and kinda looks like a grey alien at the moment, but I don’t think it’s bad for a first attempt.

Well after several blender tutorials, lots of concept art, a name change and hours of procrastination I’m very nearly done with the default main character model. Just need to texture, rig and animate it. I decided to go full force with the Nintendo 64 inspiration and make it low poly as it saves me time (and to nostalgia-bait people for extra attention). Just wanted to let you guys know I’ve been working on it and give you a little teaser.

1 Like