Corpus is a text adventure engine/game that I’m working on that’s taking heavy (har har) influence from Tuerris Puesco, Tainted Elysium, and NoOne’s FTAG.
Discord server: click this
small update because I’ve been dead the past couple of weeks: been super busy with work and other projects. I’ll check back in in a week but haven’t had much time to work on this.
I recently finally played corruption of champions. Pretty neat.
It made me realize I do not have robust functionality for genitalia.
Should I expand on this?:
- Give me detailed pebis simulation (strongly preferred)
- I would prefer more detail but it’s not a dealbreaker (light prefered)
- I don’t care I just wanna beat my meat(neutral)
- I would prefer a pref option for no detailed peepis (lightly opposed)
- Just the presence of detailed peenor and vageen is enough to turn me off (strongly opposed)
I’m back. I don’t know for how long, but I’m back.
I made a shitty low effort discord because that’s the trendy thing that the youths are doing these days or something.
Join it and ping me if you think I’m dead and I probably won’t respond: https://discord.gg/mnecbgq
NEW EXCITING POLLS!
VOTE WITH YOUR PHONES NOW! POLL IS OVER
When playing a game of this nature, I’m looking for:
- In-depth character customization
- Lots of variety
- Good one off events
- Overarching story
- NPC Interaction
- Good gameplay
- A refined UI
- Expansive worlds
- Non-fetish story elements
- Good puzzles
- Challenging bosses
I’m getting close to a prealpha release so I decided to make a roadmap. (note to past me: haha what were you thinking idiot) This isn’t finalized, but here’s a rough list of stuff that I haven’t done yet that I’m going to have in each version
Player Description(half finished) New game generation Failure conditions NPCs
- Inventory | started
- Items | started
- Equipables | started
- Nearby system
- Wall/Maze Generation
- Map system
- Full set of Effects/Conditionals
Engine Post 1.0 Features
- More complicated of NPC persistence?
- Party members?
- Unit conversion?
- GUI Editors?
- Modular packages system?
- Engine 0.1
- Tutorial + basic area finished
- Basic descriptions as proof of concept
- Engine 1.0
- At least town area + 2 areas finished
- At least 10+ species with descriptions
- At least 20+ items
- At least 5+ player skills/spells
- At least 10+ unique enemies with full failure/win condition sets
- At least 30+ unique events/encounters
ETA on a prerelease:
when it’s ready 2 Weeks if nothing else comes up. That was optimistic. It might still happen but I want a bit more to be in a basic prerelease.
never lol ehhh I don’t really know.
Git repo here: https://gitgud.io/maybe.a.plebian/corpus
Since a list of features is a bit stupid now since I’ve got a good amount implemented, here’s some idea of stuff I want to focus on:
- Minimal numbers (in gameplay and writing). Fuck numbers, so much stuff should be described with words instead of just +10 to some abstract stats.
- Fast content creation. I want making new events and enemy encounters in the like to be as streamlined as possible from writing to implementation.
- Meaningful player choices. A lot of text adventures are either more like a railed experience or have open ended gameplay but no real choices. I want to give you a lot of options.
- Battles with a degree of depth. Grinding is stupid, and battles that basically boil down to “higher stats wins” are equally unfun.
- Intriguing worlds. Your typical high fantasy has been done to death, I want some variety and out there stuff. Boundless was insane and I’m not making something like that, but I found it’s outrageous worldbuilding wonderful.
- Not taking itself too seriously. I just can’t take something like this purely serious for whatever reason, and considering what it is, I think a bit of self awareness is a good thing.
If I get more good ideas I’ll jot them down here, but that’s about it for now.
I am still looking for more writers, drop me a PM if you’re interested.
Oh yeah, here’s some screenshots:
Still not really anything exciting to show, it’s a text adventure.