Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

Glad you’re hyped about that. It’s not present in the last uploaded version, but I have already implemented that and it will be in 1.4.1. There will be a choice between 2 artifacts as a reward for being a great force feeder (that I have yet to implement).

1 Like

I tortured 30 prisoners just to see if it was in the game, alas it was not

I’m sure it was for that reason.

2 Likes

Granted it did make my sadistic ruler a lot more relaxed, but I was curious to see if the torture event was in since I have a bit of a habit of skimming through teaser posts and mistaking them for already built-in features

Entirely fair, I’m guilty of that to, I cheeked when I saw that mentioned as well.

1 Like

Since there’s a lot of interest in force feeding, and the update’s scope is way bigger than I originally planned, I decided to upload version 1.4.1 as is currently implemented. It doesn’t contain all the planned features, but it’s playable and has a lot of quality of life improvements. The rest of the features will come with 1.4.2
Warning: note that Mange’s non-vanilla bodies are now a requirement.
Features and what was left out compared to my full plan:

• Some bug fixes and tweaks for previous issues
  • Integration for Mange’s non-vanilla bodies. Say goodbye to fatties with flat butts, now they look more realistic and visually appealing.
  • Implemented height traits that give some minor bonuses, and more importantly facilitate searching for characters of required height.
  • Force feeding torture added. There’s an option to continue feeding the victim until you order to stop (another interaction in prison interactions), which will cause them to gain weight every year. Otherwise it works the same as normal torture and you can gain secrets from force-fed people. 1.4.2 will contain a reward for being a great force-feeder, currently not implemented.
  • Added squashing execution which is possible if you weigh twice the victim’s weight. 1.4.2 will contain a reward for being a great squasher, currently not implemented.
  • Added decisions “dynasty of fat men/women”. Currently the rewards include increased base weight and increased chance of large appetite for house members of the appropriate gender. 1.4.2 will contain flavour events and further rewards and punishments. For example, in a house of fat women, fat women will gain prestige and house opinion, once every 10 years the heaviest woman in the house will get a lot of prestige and house opinion, and skinny women will gain prestige and opinion debuffs.
  • Average dynasty and house weight are now shown in dynasty menu.
  • Hedonistic religions now increase character’s weight slightly.
  • Working out to lose weight is now enabled for everyone, but if you are not athletic you will gain stress.
12 Likes

-Force feeding torture added
YESSSSSSSS

Also wanted to ask, can the character you play as get imprisoned and force fed themselves?

Yes, the AI should use those interactions as well, but I didn’t really think much about it. Maybe there should be a dedicated event chain or mechanic where you get stolen and are force fed by someone.

1 Like

I believe the likely-hood of ai rulers force-feeding prisoners should depend on personality traits, such as gluttony, increased appetite and maybe even the hedonist religion tenet. Perhaps force-feed torturing could reduce stress to characters with said traits?

does anyone know why this is happening?

So, uh, I installed the most recent patch for this mod. And it turned ALL the rulers fat, which was interesting, but undesired. I’ve used older versions of the mod before just fine, so why this is happening I am not quite sure.

you dont have the prerequisite mod, so the body values aren’t lining up

using an existing save probably recalculated their size with new code

what mod don’t I have?

Send a screen of your load order.

This was already an issue with previous version of the mod. If you play an existing save, everyone is going to start off fat, but will gradually lose weight.

I have a question, has anyone managed to press the dynasty of fat men/women decision? I personally haven’t been able to achieve the requirements even though I tried hard breeding people with large appetite.

here it is

If that screenshot has all of the enabled mods (the scrollbar on the right seems to indicate there might be more), the portrait fix one might result in problems if the face is affected by CBO. Any mod that affects meshes but is designed for the vanilla body will likely cause that kind of funkiness, since the game expects nodes to be in multiple places at once.

I don’t have any other mods active

was that screenshot of an existing save character? if so check if newly created games also do this