Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

I actually like that Prowess doesn’t affect the female characters right now. (Personally not into muscles). It would be cool if this bug could become a toggleable option in the future!

I set up a gitlab for the mod, the link is in OP. I guess if you want to contribute you could create your own branch and if it’s fine I could merge it.
Also uploaded new version (with fix to muscles), since it’s playable enough, at least it’s better than what we had before.

Yeah, that was something I didn’t test. It’s definitely not good because the weight number keeps increasing despite no visual changes. It’s now fixed.

Me too, but currently I don’t have any other system in place. In the future there should be a whole new mechanic of muscles/fitness that’s entirely separate from prowess. A setting could be added that removes muscles both visually and number-wise, but that’s not a priority currently.

For now my plans are to start implementing more stuff about feederism and gaining, like traits for being a feedee/gainer and feeder/fat admirer, feeder-feedee relationship and plot to establish it, decision/interaction and events for stuffing yourself or your feedee and so on. I haven’t implemented a reward decision for when you have successfully force fed enough kilos/pound, but it’s not a priority honestly, so if anyone wants to add that, they are free to do so. In general if you think you have something to add, you can try contributing to the project, but perhaps you should write about what you want to add in this thread first (or in gitlab issues), so that we don’t have conflicts.

5 Likes

That would be great! I’m sure I’ve said this before, but it would be awesome to have more options where you can entice other characters to eat more for rulers who are compassionate/friendly rather than sadistic. Keep up the great work, vocon!

Also, another note. I don’t know if anyone would be interested or not and I will only do it if I have your permission, vocon, but I actually slightly modify some of the flavor-text in the game and change some of what the traits do to be a bit more…light-hearted in some areas. (Not too much different. I’m no professional programmer.) If anyone does want to see what it’s like, just let me know and I’ll figure out how to branch it on gitlab.

3 Likes

This is actually great since i’m focusing more on background gameplay and balancing overhauls, so we get both new mechanical development as well as QoL and rebalancing. I’ll do a quick paste of my design document here and publish to git once I have most of the work done, since I doubt there will be any overlap between us. Most of the work is also early stage and not yet in a Clausewitz code structure. Its kinda rough and not formatted properly as a paste, since it is a personal document.

**Events**

1st person. 2+ options per, 'dutiful' and 'hedonistic'. More options for traits integration room. Act-react or direct? (eg similar to normal events, or have each choice send back another detailing the outcome).

Events writeup and localization omitted for brevity. Approx. 6 events per weight bracket.

**Balance**

The idea is to make characters potentially larger over time, and to make such weights viable. Religion, culture, artifacts, etc. Fatter realms tend to be more stable and happy, at the cost of raw ability and income. Gameplay wise, this would reflect as lower AI ambitions, better opinions and development, and an AI focus on internal civil investment and family/friends with less focus on intrigue and war. This comes at the cost of slightly lower stats, moderately lower incomes, and significantly reduced levies/militaries. More penalties?

Uses negate_x_penalty for most, so only counters penalties to stats instead of raw improvement.

Tweak balancing as area develops further. Make certain existing events less frequent and consequential.

Ideas for mechanics
**Religious**
**Holy Hedonism** - essentially hedonistic + ritural gatherings. Prestige from gluttony, appetite traits, lustful? Passively increases baseline size. Option for female variant, where only females get weight improvement, males get better passive height or strength traits.
**'Size worship' (CHANGE)** - weight and height traits are improved and holy at later levels. Health bonus for characters countering penalties. Option for female variant, where only females get weight improvement, males get better passive height or strength traits

**Artifacts**
**Books** - dedicated to negating stat penalties. For fertility, health, stats, only counters penalties.
**Trinkets** - Feeding tubes, mobility aids, favored and massive eating plates/buckets/whatever, specialized cleaning/pleasure equipment.
**Thrones** - Extra large thrones, extra decadent too. Bed throne? Import CK3 throne mesh for gfx integration ref.

**Culture**
**Hearty/ample eaters (CHANGE)** - Better traits for weight/height sizes. Larger average size, height and weight. Traits are generally less penalized or have better spreads. Health and fertility and lifespan bonus. Significantly lowers holding income and levies. Option for female weight only, males get improved strength traits.
**Size idolizing culture (CHANGE)** - Prestige and opinion from size, and special bonuses for the larger sizes.

**Court positions?**
Link to above, what positions and effects?

**ADD?**

If anyone has any feedback for changes etc, please feel free to drop a comment.

1 Like

I don’t get what you mean by
Option for female variant, where only females get weight improvement, males get better passive height or strength traits.
It is suggesting me that certain things can be locked behind gender, and is something I personally find without much sense.

An option for this has been discussed in this forum before, and actually exists in the mod in a form right now. This is both due to balancing and personal tastes; balance wise, multiple characters with weight traits have stacking fertility debuffs, which can cripple further propagation for families of the nature. Taste wise, some people aren’t into fat men and some are.

If you take personal offense to this remember this is an excerpt from a private personal document based on my own sexuality. It would not be difficult to add a counterpart applying this to males instead alongside it. However, most of the content (including all the events) are written from a female’s PoV. Its what I know, what I’m comfortable with and thus what I chose to do.

There is now a public gitlab link if you wish to contribute your own talents and taste into the mod as well. Be the change you want to see in the fat fetish mod.

Personally i find that rather useful, I am not into male weight gain, to be honest it repels me away from some games, so it would be great to atleast have the option to lock it away, but that is my perosnal opinion.

I’ve been out of CK3 for a while but are all those outfits in vanilla?

You can just delete the debuf on fertility, it’s what I’ve been doing.

Some of them are vanilla, rest looks to be CFP, EPE or personal edits

You shouldn’t really ask me, you can modify the mod however you want by forking it or creating a submod (that would be the best way for potential users of your work), it doesn’t have to be merged into the main mod.

This looks solid, although I would ask you not to concentrate on religious/cultural stuff too much for now (or at least discuss it with me first), because I planned a lot of very ambitious stuff for this, but I can’t really implement it right now because there are other more important things to do first. Basically I plan to add a new religious doctrine (like attitude to homosexuals/cheaters/so on) that regulates attitude towards fat, and then some cultural or religious tenets could modify it even further. You could try implementing it yourself, of course, but it seems to be a huge undertaking.

There’s some stuff I could really use some help with, because my resources are rather limited and I was not able to implement it straight away. I had it in my head but since there is some interest in contributing to the mod, I’ll write it here to give you more ideas. All of this stuff won’t conflict with what I’m trying to work on right now, so I would really appreciate it if someone dabbled into any of these directions:

• Minor events for weight brackets, which are included in your doc, would be really beneficial.
  • You mentioned feeding tubes, and I actually wanted to add it as a reward for being a great force feeder. Basically you could either gain some artifact that lets you do more gentle force feeding (not as stressful) or go all in with sadism and get yourself some contraptions (like the forementioned feeding tubes) to really improve the efficiency and speed of force feeding. If you have any other ideas how to better implement it, it would be really great.
  • Some stuff for mobility could be useful, allowing morbidly obese people to command troops or bringing back those events that rely on mobility (of course, right now most of these events are still enabled, so that should be worked on too).
  • Also I wanted to add some family gathering events for houses that have modifiers like “dynasty of fat women” or “dynasty of fat men”. Basically these events would praise house members that conform to the weight standard and especially reward the heaviest members of the appropriate gender. On the other hand, for example, skinny women of the house of fat women will lose prestige and get family relationship debuffs which should encourage them to eat more in order to get rid of them.

Of course, if you implement anything else, it would be really great. I would however really like it if you could send me (or even post in this thread for everyone to see) your design plans before implementing stuff, so that we could figure out how to best integrate our content, in order to make the mod’s quality as high as possible, without it being patchy or disjoined.

Yeah, I’ve also been wondering, what are those skimpy dresses. I believe some of these could be included with Mange’s mod.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine, but it should be implemented a little bit differently. Not like “men of our religion also eat a lot, but they don’t gain weight like our women for some magical reason, only some magical buffs to strength and health”, more like “men of our religion have to keep fit in order to provide for the women, so they don’t eat as much, but the king with the fattest wife receives the most respect from everyone”.

Ohh ok. Yeah, sorry. Forking is pretty much what I meant. I’d never want you to have to merge it with mine. Also, thanks for giving me permission! I will look into forking the mod on gitlab and if anyone has any tips on how to modify more of the deeper stats (for example, I’ve rewritten the force-feeding into something more pampering rather than torturous, but I don’t know how to do things like not make it lower opinion of the feeder, turn off stress for compassionate characters who are doing the feeding, etc.) feel free to let me know. I’d be very interested in learning! :smile:

I plan to upload any relevant mod files to git and ideally have you do the integration into the master - the content should be largely drag and drop and you can have a final look at the files beforehand. Due to the nature of my planned content, most of it is done outside of a coding program, then shoved into a general template and translated into Clausewitz when ready. Thus I won’t have consistent git updates, but you can assume adherence to the earlier design doc.

I will be writing events and etc. to their own new files when possible, as to not require much for integration and to make further development smoother.

I’ll hold off on religion and culture unless you want to collaborate on their implementations. I would however like to have a general idea of your plans for both this area and your ideas for overall balance, so I can prepare best. It is ambitious work, so if you need assistance on that area later on feel free to hit me up. I will DM you my discord.

The skimpier outfits are from CBO I believe.

1 Like

“An error occurred while forking the project. Please try again.” Oof. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but it’s not letting me do it. DX

CK3 has strict gender code in it keeping most features locked behind one or the other anyways

Absolutely not offense, why should I be. I hope I actually didn’t offend you instead.
It’s just how I’ve played this mod until now, having fats rulers regardless of gender and just wanted to add my toughts about still preferring it neutral.

Of course the decision is of the owner and the main contributors. And I am not interested in making a ruckus about it.
Everyone is doing the part they are interested in, and that’s great.

I have no CK3 modding experience, but I still want to contribute what I can.

Does the fat admirer trait grant a lot of the weight gain options? Also is it just your spouse that you can get weight gain events for or is it every concubine and lover you have? I’m mostly playing as small tribal countries so I don’t get as many opportunities to increase the amount of food that a kingdom would with royal court options, but I was still curious if it affected countries that small.

No offense taken, its just your comment made it seem like you were miffed about the gender inequality - since it is very easy to lock anything behind a gender in ck3 code.

You really don’t need much modding experience to contribute to this mod. Any writing, art, or even ideas are appreciated, as long as they’re thought out. I think both me and vocon would love gfx assets for fat related cultures or religions, anything from cultural art to artifact icons.

I would personally appreciate ideas or just straight up written events for fat characters in CK3. Integrating these into code isn’t particularly difficult (unless its for something really involved or interactive), so anyone who wants to try their hand at writing could do so and I can make it an event in-game.

Before writing stuff, I highly recommend going into the game folder and looking at the localization files with a spreadsheet tool to get a feel for how the game stores and formats that information. There’s also ample documentation on the CK3 wiki to help understand how it all works and what is necessary to do that kind of light modding stuff.