Day One, V0.4.1

NEW UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

-Made the “cheat codes”/Safe Keypad almost impossible to not to figure out.

No, seriously. I took screenshots that pop up within the game and show you exactly what to type in the box before you hit enter, if people still have problems I don’t know what to do.

-Made both mirrors work the same way, IE give out very detailed descriptions based off every single variable within the game

-Minor spelling errors fixed

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/unniyjir-0_eg0rqbnmrgg/kriss-day-one-unfinished-v0-4-1

Hey y’all, this is probably the second-to-last “official” update for Day One- The next update will be the final, followed by a whole new game, which is a sequel: Day Two!

Here’s what’s included in this update:

u V0.4.0

-Added several new items.

-removed DEUS EX MACHINA- your mortal eyes couldn’t handle it, BUUUUT:+

+added “hint book” in it’s place, think of Cheato but not sentient. Sapient? I dunno which one.

-New Easter Eggs

-Added new item in spare room, SNES, which involves a new weird little “Minigame” style location.

-Added new “Small key” item(s), which can be found and used… Somewhere ;D
+Two are pretty easy to find, one involves a certain level of bloat and a certain item, if no one finds it in the first few days I’ll probably outline how to find it.

-Finished how the Wendy’s feast works- if you can use it successfully you’ll get the “official” ending.

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/unniyjir-0_eg0rqbnmrgg/kriss-day-one-unfinished-v0-4-0

Lemme know about bugs, etc.

smashed down that wendy’s; still looking for the other key though… nice job so far!

Also, is there a time limit? I was on a path to something in the hall closet and got “your session has expired and the game has finished.”

Edit:

yep, got to the attic safe. I just can’t figure how to get the code…

Edit again:

jk, “reasoned” with the skull monster. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope someone figures out which item it is, soon. There’s only so many levels of bloat, but the items are all over.
Only thing narrowed down is that it’s not in the attic, since you can only go up there, with zero bloat.

Finally registered to comment on the game.

I really enjoy this game. All the little quips and personal touches really make it fun and I especially like the Easter eggs and other small extra stuff that adds so much to the game because I want to play through multiple times to get everything. I really like the new Easter egg with the crawl space safe too. Thank you so much for this game it’s a treat.

[quote=“sanity.exe, post:2, topic:939”]smashed down that wendy’s; still looking for the other key though… nice job so far!

Also, is there a time limit? I was on a path to something in the hall closet and got “your session has expired and the game has finished.”

Edit:

Edit again:

There’s no session timer as far as I know, which means I accidentally toggled something I shouldn’t have. I’ll look into the code.

As for the small keys:

Bloat level must be pretty high and step on the scale in Jamies room, “die” in the SNES 3 times, and break Laney’s porcelain baby

[quote=“chillmistressfreia, post:3, topic:939”]Hope someone figures out which item it is, soon. There’s only so many levels of bloat, but the items are all over.
Only thing narrowed down is that it’s not in the attic, since you can only go up there, with zero bloat.[/quote]

Chugging the old soda, plus the 2 beers in the fridge, should have been enough to push you over the edge. I think I set the counter too high. If you chug the old soda, plus the cans of beer, plus the item in the hallway closet, it’s enough to get the scale to break, giving you the key. I’ll tweak it a bit in the update.

[quote=“jerkajerk, post:5, topic:939”][quote=“sanity.exe, post:2, topic:939”]smashed down that wendy’s; still looking for the other key though… nice job so far!

Edit:

Edit again:

There’s no session timer as far as I know, which means I accidentally toggled something I shouldn’t have. I’ll look into the code.

As for the small keys:

Bloat level must be pretty high and step on the scale in Jamies room, “die” in the SNES 3 times, and break Laney’s porcelain baby

[quote=“chillmistressfreia, post:3, topic:939”]Hope someone figures out which item it is, soon. There’s only so many levels of bloat, but the items are all over.
Only thing narrowed down is that it’s not in the attic, since you can only go up there, with zero bloat.[/quote]

Chugging the old soda, plus the 2 beers in the fridge, should have been enough to push you over the edge. I think I set the counter too high. If you chug the old soda, plus the cans of beer, plus the item in the hallway closet, it’s enough to get the scale to break, giving you the key. I’ll tweak it a bit in the update.[/quote]

Well, I just tried it and can’t get it to toggle no matter what I do. Oops. I’ll look into the code and get an update out tonight, hopefully

I think it’s just a website error; my internet has been wonky lately. it hasn’t happened since.

P.S. thanks for the help, any bonus for the slime yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m enjoying seeing how this keeps getting bigger and more detailed! I thought the SNES and mini-game was a fun addition. (Is there any way to win it?)

I caught a couple of typos–“telelvision” for “television” in the room description for the room with the SNES and futon (the item itself is spelled correctly, it’s just in the description) and “distaction” instead of “distraction” in the scene where you break the porcelain animals. Nothing too major but shouldn’t be too hard to fix!

[quote=“sanity.exe, post:7, topic:939”]I think it’s just a website error; my internet has been wonky lately. it hasn’t happened since.

P.S. thanks for the help, any bonus for the slime yet? :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

It will get a “cheat” code in the final update, which should be the next “big” update, IE v.0.5.0.

Wait, I guess that’d be version 1.0?

[quote=“Supercake, post:8, topic:939”]I’m enjoying seeing how this keeps getting bigger and more detailed! I thought the SNES and mini-game was a fun addition. (Is there any way to win it?)

I caught a couple of typos–“telelvision” for “television” in the room description for the room with the SNES and futon (the item itself is spelled correctly, it’s just in the description) and “distaction” instead of “distraction” in the scene where you break the porcelain animals. Nothing too major but shouldn’t be too hard to fix![/quote]

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll make sure the television thing will be fixed.

As for “distaction”…

It alarms me that very few people have gotten this reference.

Hey, how do you put the code in for the safe? I found the code, I’d just like to know the prompt to input the data because I keep trying to put it in, and keep getting insulted.

jerkajerk wrote: "[i]It will get a “cheat” code in the final update, which should be the next “big” update, IE v.0.5.0.

Wait, I guess that’d be version 1.0[/i]?"

There ARE rules - quite rigid and a tad oppressive, IMHOP, but useful - with technical usage of numbers. Updating from 0.4.0 you get fx. the obvious choices of 0.5 (0.5.0) and 0.4.1 - the former for ‘bigger’ update, the latter for ‘smaller’ one or one with a bit less significance or new features perhaps. Just please avoid fx. 0.4.10, 0.4.11, 0.4.12 and so on and you should be safe against the occasional criticism from technicians and engineers who actually use technical kind of numbering in their documents and reports.

PS. Of COURSE you can use 1.0 too. It’s completely OK and perfectly correct especially if it is a BIG update. In case you plan to keep using “Day One” as prefix in documentation and then perhaps later move to “Day Two”, “Day 365” or something, the formality of numbering hardly matters too much. Sorry for TLDR, couldn’t resist you know. ;D

I’m really impressed with how this project is shaping up! It was a little barebones at first, but it’s been fleshing out nicely in the past few weeks. Thanks for giving us such a fun, well-rounded adventure to enjoy; I’m looking forward to seeing the series continue to expand in the future!

;D

(No really, keep up the good work. I love the lighthearted tone.)

[quote=“tsap, post:11, topic:939”]jerkajerk wrote: "[i]It will get a “cheat” code in the final update, which should be the next “big” update, IE v.0.5.0.

Wait, I guess that’d be version 1.0[/i]?"

There ARE rules - quite rigid and a tad oppressive, IMHOP, but useful - with technical usage of numbers. Updating from 0.4.0 you get fx. the obvious choices of 0.5 (0.5.0) and 0.4.1 - the former for ‘bigger’ update, the latter for ‘smaller’ one or one with a bit less significance or new features perhaps. Just please avoid fx. 0.4.10, 0.4.11, 0.4.12 and so on and you should be safe against the occasional criticism from technicians and engineers who actually use technical kind of numbering in their documents and reports.

PS. Of COURSE you can use 1.0 too. It’s completely OK and perfectly correct especially if it is a BIG update. In case you plan to keep using “Day One” as prefix in documentation and then perhaps later move to “Day Two”, “Day 365” or something, the formality of numbering hardly matters too much. Sorry for TLDR, couldn’t resist you know. ;D[/quote]

That is exactly the plan! The next update will hopefully be the final update in Life of Kriss: Day One, and then I will be starting on Day two! Exciting stuff!

When you click on the keypad and it gives you the “You should type the passcode” dialouge, you should literally type the numbers and nothing else.

IE:

Or whatever the numbers are ;D Sorry I made that a little confusing, but the system is a little oppressive about it.

I’m gonna try and make it a little more “loose” in the update.

Well, that was a wonderful update! I would have never witnessed Jamie’s transformation without the new hints, thanks a lot. It’s defo getting more and more complex.

In my opinion, in future updates you could just write a walktrough here in the forum, instead of trying to put screenshots in the game, or making it easier.

I agree with Pachaking. Wonderful update. Especially SNES shook me quite positively after playing it a bit more. :slight_smile: Wow!

Hey, really glad you liked it!

[quote=“Pachaking, post:14, topic:939”]Well, that was a wonderful update! I would have never witnessed Jamie’s transformation without the new hints, thanks a lot. It’s defo getting more and more complex.

In my opinion, in future updates you could just write a walktrough here in the forum, instead of trying to put screenshots in the game, or making it easier.[/quote]

I’ll consider it, although my goal with “Day Two” is to make things a little more apparent in terms of puzzle solving.

It just hit me last night the fact that we’re going to have Day Two, instead of another version of Day One with more content as I’m (or was) thinking every time, which is amazing!

I wonder how it’ll be, specially between Kriss and her boyfriend.

I was wondering, how many days do you plan to do in the “Life of Kris” series?

[quote=“Pachaking, post:17, topic:939”]It just hit me last night the fact that we’re going to have Day Two, instead of another version of Day One with more content as I’m (or was) thinking every time, which is amazing!

I wonder how it’ll be, specially between Kriss and her boyfriend.[/quote]

Well, the next update is the last one, and it makes it pretty clear where Kriss and Jason stand.

As many as I can do before I get bored! However, I’ve already got Day Two roughly planned out, and for the time being, I plan on “Life of Kriss” being a series with longevity.

I’ve considered doing commissions for interactive stories, but I don’t know if anyone would be interested. So, for the time being, “Life of Kriss” will be the only interactive I’ll be making.