DDLC: Of Berries And Love - A Romantic/Angsty/BerryInflation/GAY Visual Novel set 2 years after DDLC Plus

Correct - expect the page to be back up and for Chapter 1 to be released in 3 hours!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Definitely looking forward to trying this when I get home.

Dang. I haven’t been actively jealous of a game before. Even as someone who isn’t really a fan of DDLC I still connected with it.

Blueberry and deep stories are made for each other.

Awww, thank you so much hon~!! I’m happy that I’ve made something people can actually connect with rather than just, yknow, blind smut. I think it’s so much more satisfying to see nsfw of characters you actually have a connection with.

2 Likes

Pretty much a vibe I’ve been trying to get down for a while. I simply must have an emotional connection before I see a girl turn blue and fwoomp! Basically you’ve catered to me, specifically, and I shall be following this a lot closer.

Love to hear it hon - and expect the other chapters to very much be like this as well~

1 Like

That is really strong writing on display, I’m glad to have played through it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so glad horny brain let me go through with the story without skipping right to the fun part. The story was incredibly cute and well made!

1 Like

I finished Chapter 1 and it was awesome. The art, writing, and presentation were all really great. I also agree that you should care about the characters in a story even if it’s fetish-based. I thought the drama and romance was very engaging and hot, respectively. I can hardly wait for Ch2 now!

3 Likes

Never would I have thought that I would be fully engaged by the story of a berry VN, let alone even before getting to the kink stuff. The quality is amazing: the writing, the adorable art, the voice acting (the VAs did a tremendous job!), oh I can’t wait to see where the story goes!

This is probably the highest quality inflation (let alone blueberry) game on the site, and it’s just chapter one :saluting_face:

The Hollow Knight music was also a nice touch, and I just completed that game :sob:

1 Like

I legitimately don’t know what to say, so sorry if the following response to all of you is a little disorganized.

How well received Chapter 1 has been is genuinely jarring to me, I didn’t think it would be so widely enjoyed by everyone. I legitimately thought that maybe I’d gone too far with the story, which was why I even preemptively added the skip option to begin with.

I initially thought I’d work on Chapter 2 and so on much later, likely later this year - hell I even briefly imagined that I’d just halt the project altogether if Chapter 1 wasn’t liked all that much, but Idk man; I don’t think I can leave all of you hanging that long when you’ve all been so supportive. So I’ll likely get to Chapter 2 much sooner than even I thought I would be.

I thank you all so much for the support, it’s meant more to me than you could ever imagine.

7 Likes

Some questions out of curiosity (Some spoilers for both this game and DDLC itself). You ain’t gotta answer, especially if the answer would spoil your game.

Which timeline does this game take place in, the one in the main game or the bonus stories? Yuri seems to imply that MC exists (Which in DDLC+ is heavily implied to have only happened due to Monika’s powers), but at the same time in the timeline where Monika got powers she sorta stopped existing out of guilt and refused to be restored by the end. Or is it just a unique amalgamation of timelines? (It’s 100% alright if you just weren’t thinking that hard about it or didn’t read that hard into the lore, one of those factoids is particularly obscure)

Your inflation art often contains the idea of a girl being inflated permanently. Will this be something that happens or is at risk of happening in this story?

Will Metaverse Enterprise Solutions play any role in this game?

MC does not exist in this! I’m actually not sure where Yuri would have implied that.

Permanence in this specific story won’t be a thing - though I’ll probably have some teasing for it at some point~

All of the other stuff is information that I can’t really answer, unfortunately, as it’s spoilers. The only thing I’ll say is that while there is some hidden information, none of it will be honestly relevant to the in-game stories or be necessary to understand the whole picture.

So…like everyone else is saying, this game so far is REALLY damn good. The character writing is top-notch and really…NAILS the feel of the DDLC universe. Plus, the voice actresses did phenomenal as well.

And also…the…“juicer” scenes, to be a little on the nose…holy hell…that stuff was ripened to perfection. :wink:

Either way, I’m eagerly looking forward to seeing how this develops in the future! Keep up the amazing work!

Additional comments:

1. Is there a way to fullscreen the game? Also, I think the text can be hard to read because it’s pretty small and I don’t have the best vision ever. I feel like the textbox could take up more space on the screen.
  2. I noticed a typo where Yuri says “has” but it’s written as “as” I think. There’s also one part where the text doesn’t word wrap and scrolls off the screen so I don’t know what the rest of the sentence said, sorry I didn’t screen capture these.
  3. A save/load feature would be nice in case you needed to stop mid-chapter.
  4. The nameless murder mystery manga is clearly just Dangan Ronpa, right?

More detailed spoiler stuff:

I thought Natsuki being in on the blueberry transformation (thanks Monika), but not telling Yuri was super hot, like with how she put on makeup to hide the blue marking on her face. The spritework with the subtle blue tint was very good as you can barely tell it’s there. Usually when I see these kind of stories the person getting berried has it happen to them unknowingly, but in this case it’s the reverse with Yuri not being in the know! I also really liked how the berry transformation was very slow and took multiple days of digesting muffins. You don’t see slow transformations like that and it’s really cool.
Personally I would have liked to have seen another stage between Day 2 and Day 3 where she doesn’t become a sphere already. Maybe have something where they actually go outside to do something while being berried like the cafe trip they had planned on Day 2 I think, but never happened. Also, even though the transformation is slow, having a scene that describes them growing or something would be nice, maybe having a scene with Natsuki eating the blueberry muffins, instead of it happening off camera for example.

1 Like

Thank you so much hon~! Expect future chapters be of a similar tone/format - I’ll post updates of future progress here as well

I believe I accidentally misread the text in this scene (Don’t think I need to spoiler it since it’s literally the first scene)

Wow, honestly I was floored at just how good this game is. Like the writing is done really well, along with the cute and well executed art style, and the great voice work, this is definitely a well developed game that not only feels like a fun exploration of kinks but also a love letter to the characters in a sense due to how well I feel they are represented.
In all honesty I am not a particular fan of blueberry(don’t hate it, just not my cup of tea), but hoo-boy if any game or other medium were to get me to into blueberry, this would definitely be the top contender.

I’m super excited to see what you have in store for the rest of the game, and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Oh that makes sense ye! No harm no foul!