Howdy all! Lonnnnngg time lurker, recent account owner MangoHabanero here coming at you with a last minute submission.
Dessert Digger is a 2d platformer/mining game where your mission is to dig up a planet’s resources (fattening foods) and sell them for massive profits (or as massive snacks for your captain…)
I didn’t get to finish everything I wanted, but in the last few days / hours / minutes of the jam I managed to cobble together the bare minimum requirements for it to be somewhat playable. I’m sure it’s bug-riddled, but I’m just happy I was able to submit something. I’d really like to continue working on the project after the jam, at least to complete everything I originally wanted for V1, but I’m definitely gonna need a few days of break time after sweating to get this submitted.
Currently implemented features:
- Basic movement / mining
- End of day weigh-in / feeding scene with Captain Ava
- Mediocre art
- First 3 weight stages for Captain Ava, with 3 sub-stages (12 total)
- Random map generation
Features that I wasn’t able to complete in time for the jam:
- Fuel / health depleting
- Money / Upgrades for your digger
- Animations for the feeding scene
- Player character weight gain
- Good art
- A sense of pride and accomplishment
- None because I’m horrible at estimating how long things will take me to implement.
- Movement: ArrowKeys / WASD
- Jump: Space
- Thrusters: Tap and hold space while in the air.
- Drill: Hold CTRL and ram into walls or the floor (Not being able to dig up is intentional)
- Quit: Esc
Cake > Ice cream > Cookies > Choco dirt (regular tiles)
And yes, this game is heavily inspired by / a huge ripoff of the flash game Motherload!
Download link [0.1.1]: DessertDigger_0.1.1.zip - Google Drive