Dive Bomb

[Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted]

14 Likes

DUDE, I broke the sound barrier! xD (only by pressing space though lol)
g2gfast

1 Like

[Deleted][Deleted][Deleted]

You gotta have an exit button, if your game’s fullscreen, man.

Nonono, sell it as a FEATURE xP

1 Like

Seconding the need for an exit option, or at least a windowed mode with a resolution smaller than full-screen.

For the game itself, there’s way too many tiny and transparent/invisible obstacles, and obstacles hiding behind or INSIDE the cake and rings so you just lose suddenly without seeing them. The cake barely changes the character model, too, but it increases the speed immensely. Collecting cake and getting bigger is gonna be everybody’s goal, so I’m not sure the ‘fall through rings’ mechanic is even needed. Determining score via how big you got and how far you fell instead would probably be a good way to do it.

1 Like

[Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted]

1 Like

This is a super fun game! I liked the concept behind the game, and I feel like the cake and rings were actually implemented well! I played the 1.1 version, and I got 8300 points! Great job on the game! The time and effort you put in really shows!

2 Likes

I like the game tough all im trying to do is going after the cake and missing so many rings, the best i could go for now is around 230 kg before all becomes a blur and i cant really go after anything i want. I might try a bit more to see how large i can the bear(?).

[Deleted][Deleted][Deleted][Deleted]

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 270 |

| Writing: | 0 |

| Concept/Design | 460 |

| Msc: | 150 |

| Total: | 20950 |

Comments:

The game was both kind of calming and trippy all at the same time. Was fun just seeing how long you could last though I do wish the fetish was used a bit better then a difficulty modifier for the most part. Outside of that my only other complaint would be the perspective seems a bit off as it was really difficult to judge distance. Over all though nice little game for when you just want to kill some time.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 216 |

| Concept/Design | 916 |

| Msc: | 19 |

| Total: | 21253 |

Comments:

Implements the theme in a straightforward way. I think one of my biggest difficulties is with the depth perception, if that’s the right word… I’d line things up but end up missing them by a mile, or objects would render, then swap once they got closer. It’s a solid concept that could use some polish. But for your first 3d game it’s a really good submission

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 300 |

| Concept/Design | 960 |

| Msc: | 135 |

| Total: | 21535 |

Comments:

This was a very solid entry that took a straight forward concept and did it well. The assets were enjoyable, and the gameplay was simplistic but solid. My only complaints were that objects seemed to move in a non-intuitive way in relation to you as you drifted through the sky. I’m not sure if its because of the lack of spatial feedback or if they were moving on their own, but I found it strangely difficult to line up some of the rings. I also feel like the rings could have been more important/integrated other than score.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 245 |

| Concept/Design | 860 |

| Msc: | 90 |

| Total: | 21315 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 200 |

| Concept/Design | 1130 |

| Msc: | 140 |

| Total: | 21580 |

Comments:

This throws you right into the action, no messing around which I like. It’s a nice balance of game and fetish aspects with a refreshing but not infuriatiing scaling difficulty. It�s definitely an exhilarating experience which is also visually interesting! All in all a solid entry with fun, re-playability and good use of the theme.

Scores

Art: 1231

Writing: 0

Sound: 542

Design: 4326

Total: 106633