DOOM BFG (Big Fatty Game) - A DOOM mod IDEA

Good Morning/Evening/Night, fellow comrades!

I know this is kinda old, but I saw it recently while looking for something similar and, after realizing it didn’t exist, I decided to do it myself. I haven’t worked that much in it, but it is playable.

The character can eat burgers (which replace armor bonuses), which increase their “Fatness Level” in 10 points. The player’s speed will decrease and their max. HP will increase until immobility at 200, with 200 max. HP.

I also got the sprites to work, changing to a fat guy at 100 (I got the sprites from Skulltag) and at 200 it changes to a Mancubus.

PS: I got a message saying new users can’t upload attachments :neutral_face: please help.

5 Likes

Good work on this! Didn’t expect anyone to actually make a Doom mod lol. Might want to make your own topic for the mod when you get the chance. Especially because this one is tagged female but it seems like you’ve got a male mod

3 Likes

It has a male character, but if I got some female sprites I could add them. Anyways thanks.

PS: Do you know how could I upload the mod?

3 Likes

Alright, I was promoted so now I can upload the mod:

BFGmod.zip (218.4 KB)

Hope you like it!

4 Likes

Soooo, this may be a silly question. But which version of Doom is it? I know it isn’t a recent one. And what are the install instructions? Is there a readme that I’m blind to? :sweat_smile:

Very interesting mod. I feel like that higher weight levels are a bit detrimental, especially the max 200, which makes you practically immobile while granting no obvious benefits. I say give it a bit of a tweak and it could work as a great base for a WG Doom mod. Perhaps a power-up or upgrade item that could permanently increase speed at higher levels or something like that. I have a bit of ZScript knowledge and would be more than happy to give a helping hand! Can’t wait to see what comes of this!

Hey, sorry to ask this but how did you install the mod? Also, is it for the original Doom or is it another version? :sweat_smile:

This uses the original Doom and Doom2, and you can load it up with ZDoom or GZDoom

1 Like

Ahhh, okay. Never heard of either of those, I’m guessing they’re available for download somewhere? And how do you add the mods in aswell? Do you throw it in and it just works or do you have to replace some files?

Hi, I managed to get Doom running on the GZDoom that the person below had suggested, how can I tell that the mod is working? I’ve gone through 3 levels and there doesn’t seem to be much difference, I’ve even gotten Health and Armour to 200% and there wasn’t much difference or anything to it. Did I install it wrong or do I need to replace some things to get it working?

Hello! I’m sorry for not being present, I had some problems with my pc. If you have GZDoom running, you have to drag and drop the file to the exe and it should work.

Righto, I’m using the first Doom as a trial run, like I said, nothing really seems different, the character doesn’t change with health going up, I don’t notice any burgers for pickups, I feel like I might’ve done something wrong, but I don’t know what.

Maybe you are loading the whole zip, you should try loading just the pk3 file that is inside the zip.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve done, but it’s not working for me still unfortunately. This is what my files look like, have I put it in the wrong place or does something else need to be there?

Oh… You have to drag the pk3 into the exe, like if it was a folder. If you don’t understand me, please watch a tutorial about loading mods with zdoom/gzdoom.

Honestly, I would love to play a mod like this! As someone who’s played Doom and Doom 2 extensively, I think it’d be a fun and fresh take on the games!

I could probably help with making some sprites

1 Like

That’d be awesome! I’ve been hoping for some BBW Doom sprites

If you want to get the project somewhere, you can DM me