Doughball Descent: Full Course Edition

descentFin4

The intrepid butterball will return in a complete release of Doughball Descent, featuring 2 new areas: the Meat and Dessert Zones, foodgroups previously neglected due to the time constraints of the game jam, but no more!
But it doesn’t end with that, of course; the Full Course update comes with a heaping spoonful of new items (like double), with reworks and rebalancing of existing items, improved generation, general tweaks, polish, and more!!

• Shop Items are now weighted (heh), and their costs scale with the current level and loop
  • Revamped Player Sprites, with new Weight Stages
  • Main Menu has received a major facelift, including an options, help, and credits menu
  • You can now pause the game, and access the options from there
  • Settings and High Scores will be saved between play sessions
  • New, friendly NPCs to meet: a scrupulous shopkeeper to take the pounds off your hands
  • Several Mystical Altars to sacrifice flab to for long-term changes to the level generation
  • More?!

Coming… let’s say Summer 2021?

34 Likes

Hyped up for this one! I really enjoyed the gamejam version <3

2 Likes

Very excited for this! New weight stages especially - love the new higher ones of course, but the skinny one is hilarious

3 Likes

My favorite game of the latest game jam is back better than ever!
My goodness, I’m so excited!! Reaaally looking forward to it~

3 Likes

Summer?! well boy howdy, 3-4 months is a wait that’s going to be worth it, I’m sure.

1 Like

Oooh! Looks pretty good!

1 Like

Excited for this. One of the few game jam entries I was absolutely hyped for - no less due to the fact it was pretty much a complete game in its own right. Looking forward to see how you refine the final product!

Also, lovely artwork!

1 Like

Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

These player sprites are delightful—looking forward to this! Best of luck!

2 Likes

I’mma stream the HECK outta this when it releases. Awesome to see this being worked on further! Folks enjoyed my playthrough of the original. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh boy it’s coming! I loved the original so much and I am hyped for this even more.

2 Likes