Doughball Descent - Weight-Gain centric Roguelite Puzzle Platformer

Is it too early for a fanart? Cause I made one since I’m enjoying this game so much~

3 Likes

i find a new way to get stuck …

maybe should ad at weight 3k or more you can broke the metal blocks

2 Likes

How in the hell are you guys getting this far

2 Likes

Be lucky as heeck, get ever the life updrages and be fat

2 Likes

aaa i love this so much! brilliant stuff, mate, it means a ton to me that ya enjoyed it so much that you made fanart for it!

1 Like

“Do what you must, for I *urp* have already won.”

2 Likes

I keep meaning to play other games in the jam, but I keep coming back to this one, even though I also keep constantly losing, ahahah

I think this might be one of my top picks overall, the gameplay is really solid! I swear I’m gonna beat it one of these times, haha

2 Likes

Definitely! It’s really “complete” as a game, let alone a game jam entry, and feels like a technical triumph. Plus dat phat soundtrack brings a smile on my face :ok_hand:

1 Like

I had so much fun playing this earlier today! Love love love the concept! I hope to see more from this in the future <3!

1 Like

This game won my heart.

The visual and music compliment very well with the gameplay.

The mechanics themselves are explained well, allowing the player to understand what they have to expect all along the ride.

From the Health, to the shop, to the visual indicator of the destruction you still have to inflict upon the world before coming to a halt and start the cycle all over again!

Ever since the first reminiscent dark souls sound and familiar remix of the “you died” words, I knew this:

Have my vote for the community choice. You earned it :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally got a run with lots of Stress Eating and I gotta say, it’s super satisfying to gain hundreds of pounds with a single piece of food~

(I was at 172lbs just before)

2 Likes

Did you make custom music for this? Or use another resources?

the soundtrack is by abstraction and from this album/pack

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I think this is the best game in the whole jam, good job

1 Like

What did you use to make the game?

piskel, gamemaker studio 2, and a lot of elbow grease. it’s a lot harder than it sounds

1 Like

I had quite a bit of fun with this one! Managed to make it to almost 4,000 lbs once I came to grips with the gameplay and items. Sadly, I encountered a combination of waterfalls and metal boxes that I was too wide to get past, so I had to let an enemy kill me at that point.

By the way, perhaps this is a silly question, but why are there two differently-priced heart items in the shop? I couldn’t really tell if there was a difference in their effects.

2 Likes

I assumed it was just simply two opportunities to replenish some health - one relatively cheap if you had bad luck on a run (er, fall).

2 Likes

ah, tough luck!
as for the hearts, it’s just 2 randomly priced opportunities to heal
there is admittedly a lot of people having issues with metal boxes. i actually originally allowed the player to break them at >500 or 1000 lbs and i feel rather inclined to bring that back

4 Likes