Dowloading is safe ?

Is it safe to download games from mega ? (or other similar place)

Yeah Mega is rather safe to use since it has a fair amount of encryption other download platforms that are fine are Google Drive and Mediafire maybe Workupload. Though take this all with caution since the real problem would be the uploaded files themselves where the uploader made a virus but the websites I listed have been safe in my time using them.

3 Likes

If you’re talking about games on here, then yeah, you’re pretty safe. If anyone on here uploaded something malicious, it would be reported pretty quickly :slight_smile:

Always scan anything you download for viruses/malware though. Better safe than sorry!

4 Likes

Sites such as Mega , Mediafire, etc. are sites that hosts files and people allow to download their files that are hosted there. Their are mostly safe, but if you want to check their reputation , a quick search about a site in specific can give the answer.

However, the important thing is what is inside those files. At least from my experience here ,the games that have been shared here are safe. But no one knows if something bad can affect the files , so is always recommended to do an scan through your anti-virus choice and/or use Virustotal, which is an excellent site for checking files through different av engines. It can also check an URL if you want.

2 Likes

Some time downloading games for here will give most Viruses scanner a Fake positive when the game is safe because it is a unknow program to the Computer. you may have to change Virus scanner or go in to the setting and change it a bit.

Like avast free antivirus?

Which anti virus in your opinion is the best (I have Avast)

The Antivirus I use is AVG it good and there is a free version so that why I use it.

Pretty much any antivirus is better than none. Personally, I use Kaspersky. Had it about 10 years and, touch wood, never had a sniff of a virus.