Dream Diver - An Adventure In The Mind Of A Troubled Woman

itch

Hello gamers, I present a gift…

About a year ago I decided to start working on a game based off of vale-city-game. I got distracted and started working on other projects, but a month or so ago I decided to fix up what I did have and release it. Playing through Some Bullshit specifically motivated me to finish it up lol

Currently it’s a short RPG that’s inspired by vale-city-game, Psychonauts, and Kingdom Hearts. It’s around 10 minutes and only has a tutorial fight right now, but hopefully I get motivated to continue on it.

Story:
Sasha, a girl riddled with anxiety, wakes up one night to find out her home has transformed into a massive sprawling mansion, with different worlds created from different objects in the house. Sasha, accompanied by characters she likes, has to figure out why her dream became so large and vivid.

26 Likes

1 Like

Interesting, to say the least. Because I’m curious, how permanent is the vore/stuffing going to be, like, will Sasha actually gain weight in the dream?

1 Like

Sasha’s more gonna take the role of a feedee (support). I’ll work out the details eventually but she’s not gonna get super squishy. (Maybe a little as a treat)

As for how permanent stuff’s gonna be. I’m not sure. I do like the idea that more tummy = more power so it might be the vale city approach where you have to refill the tank lmao. I’d need to figure out how to do that though.

1 Like

Well, the way I see it, there’s a couple routes one could go with this. If you wanna have like, a stomach that can fill up, MP or the “Drive” gauge are good for that. Could be the ‘gurgle’ bar, throwing that out there. If you want more permanent weight, a global variable’s gonna be your best bet. Heck, could even have the global variable for that stomach part too. Just depends if ya wanna have it like, edible items would fill up the stomach meter/variable, and then there’s a function/event that would drain the stomach meter and raise the total weight variable…
Or, however you figure it out!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been working on 2 other VNs at the same time as I’ve been doing this, so I’ll figure something out eventually. Also I’m 100% fine with admitting if stuff doesn’t work.

1 Like

This game looks pretty good

1 Like

This game looks like it really has potential from the proof of concept demo. Look forward to seeing what you do with this.

2 Likes

thats interesting thanks for your hard work

1 Like

Youve caught my attention for this, love the idea of ips you like with certain characters getting some love, no matter how big or small they are in the story, for this. Curious about that robot gal too. Good little dream land scape building up!

1 Like

Sorry there hasn’t been any updates in a while. Drive to work on projects dropped off significantly after publishing this. I’ve been working on trying to update this and 2 other games off and on since then. The past couple days I’ve been actually motivated to work on game stuff again, so hopefully I start working on this again soon.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. It’s been a while, but I finished updating my other 2 games, and I’ve learned a lot with Koikatsu since then. The main thing I have learned outside of that is how to stay focused on a project as well.

So, in a couple days I’m going to start really focusing on getting another update for Dream Diver out. In the meantime, this morning I worked on another promo image.

Over the past few days I also did think about the overall story as well, and the weight gain /stuffing stuff does have an actual reason for being there now. Also the initial planned ending is now different, and I think it works way better. I’m not gonna spoil it, but I’m really excited to work on this again.

1 Like

Have been working on figuring out the visual style for the CGs. Something I think would be cool is making sort of like a cartoony / comic style to empahasize the fact she’s in a dream. I also spent the past few days figuring out exactly how I’m gonna do that cause Koikatsu doesn’t have thick outlines. I think it’s looking really good so far.

7 Likes

I decided to get a 3D plugin and test it out today. I think the this picture speaks for itself with how I feel about it. I’m extremely excited to keep working on this now.

7 Likes

Hey, how did you get the roof to work in 3D? I’ve been trying that for awihle now, with no luck.

So here’s a playlist I watched for the mv3d plugin, there’s a short 3 ish minute video in there on how to do the ceiling. It’s pretty much adding a command into the note section of the map settings.

2 Likes

Quite the combination but you have my attention

Started messing with the ui today. This is more or less what I’ve got for the dialogue. Cause it’s an image file for the name I’m gonna probably do a slightly different stylized name tag for each woman.

6 Likes

Thanks! I definitely missed it the first time around.

1 Like

Wow that looks good…