Dungeon of Weight - Weight Gain Dungeon Defence Game

It sort of reminds me of Dungeon Maker, which would be great cause I liked that one, so having one on PC would be sweet.
I look forward to your work!

thank you… In fact, many of this game’s ideas were inspired by Dungeon Maker.

1 Like

Honestly that sounds amazing. I look forward to seeing what you make

sounds interesting, I’ll be glad to see this game when there is a demo (although I rarely do this)

Really like the idea. I hope this project doesn’t disband like many others which also had very good ideas but sadly disbanded because of reasons like not having time, losing the interest or forgetting about it. I’m really looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Love this idea, really wanted a feedee collecting game for a while :slight_smile:

Those slimes or whatever they are are quite cute. I love them

Progress Update:

I have been working in “Dungeon Defending” part for now.
I made basic ememys’ sprites and movements.

The number of enemies varies with difficulty and day.

Now I’m working on the basic battle system about slimes and enemies,
which can take a while, because I do not use any engines for the game.

9 Likes

Daiszi is creating Dungeon of Weight | Patreon
I opened the patreon page.

If you support me in patreon, I’m going to post some spoilers, and post beta version early access in the future.
If you want to support this game development, please consider supporting it in patreon.

Progress Update #2

Honeycam 2022-08-29 15-06-47

The basic system of battling in the “Dungeon Defending” part is done.

when slime faces an enemy, slimes will attack the enemy to prevent it to go to the cream slime.

cream slime can attack too.

the player can deploy a maximum of three slimes at one dungeon tile.

8 Likes

Progress Update #3

Here’s Eri, the first boss and feedee of “Dungeon of Weight.”

Eri is a student at the Verda Academy of Magic and is emerging as a rising star within the academy.

Eri tries to eat as little food as she can and says she doesn’t know why fat people get fat… until she enters the dungeon.

Honeycam 2022-09-01 00-33-12

This is Eri’s pixel sprite.

• Bosses’ pixel sprites only come out when they chip into the dungeon, and after making it into feedee, only illustration will show.
  • Bosses’ sprites come in 32x32 pixels, unlike regular enemies.
20 Likes

This seems rather cute, hope you haven’t abandoned the project… the progress updates looked promising

I’m still working on this project, but due to the bad situation regarding the main job and other projects (not WGaming related), the work of this project is being carried out only little by little.

7 Likes

No worries, take your time

Progress Update #4

It’s been 4 months since I last posted update, sorry for that.
As I mentioned earlier, the work of this project is being carried out only little by little.

Anyways, these are the current progress of the game’s developent.

Honeycam 2023-01-11 05-23-14
First, the battle system is finished.
The battle system is an automatic semi-turn battle.
If the slime dies, it dosen’t resurrect after battle.

Honeycam 2023-01-11 05-25-18
Secondly, the basic system of a trap is finished.
The one on the screen is an arrow trap, which is the first trap that unlocks while playing the game.

Honeycam 2023-01-11 05-32-09

Currently I’m working on feedee and food system.
The first demo could be out within 1-3 months, maybe.

16 Likes

pretty good work so far. excited to see what could come!

This is the first time I’ve ever actively reached out to someone to offer aid, but this small and simple art-style is exactly the kind of thing I can do.

1 Like

Help is always welcome.

1 Like

If you ever need some art for this, I’ll be a DM away.

1 Like

Inserting myself in here mostly to get the updates, this project somewhat reminds me of the old flash tower defense games I used to play when I was 7. Keep it up cause it look promising already even at this stage.

1 Like