E-Roguelike: A weight gain and inflation roguelike in progress.

Nice loupuny I’m not that into that pokémon but kudos to you

1 Like

It has been forever! I have some updated because, while I was busy for a span, I’ve also been working diligently. I’m getting close to another release. I took a lot of the code from above and took out the things I didn’t think worked. It’s much simpler now.

Levels are still procedurally generated, same basic character rig (with a few changes). Less variety, sadly, but all in all I’m happier with how it works. Maybe I’ll go back to the idea of a more in-depth roguelike with all these mechanics later, but for now I’ve settled on a direction that feels fun.

The things I need to do are, in order of most-important to least,

• Get some sounds in the game.
  • Get a main menu going with settings so people can adjust volume and save/load.
  • Fix an annoying animation bug.
  • Get some more late-game content in.

I also have a rig change that I’m fighting with – Blender seems to require that a rig be in the rest pose before it can be bound.

12 Likes

This had me thinking, a fatty game with fall guys physics could be neat. Instead of death pits, have somewhat wide walls in a labyrinth and as enemies have some “ghosts” wander around with plates of food. (or the mysterious feeding hands so many furry drawings seem to have)

Excited for whatever comes next btw. Just wanted to share.

2 Likes

This looks like it’s coming together nicely. I always found the unpredictable elements of roguelikes to be fun, like drinking a potion without knowing what it’s going to do. It’s definitely a solid formula for a fetish game. Good luck!

YES! I tried really hard to get the fall guy physics working but couldn’t seem to make it happen. I might spend some more time trying later.

Like the ghosts idea. Will make it feel more dynamic.

A new playable build! 0.9.0!

Mega Link: https://mega.nz/file/rVhjHKKA#cVSt-ZCQCrjRo7JpJTMZCjuE2vp7xFh0Kt2S7h4T2Nw

Itch.io Link: Accident in the Alchemy Lab by captainstupids

Controls: WASD to move and mouse to look. Or click the mouse to move in the direction the camera is pointing if you need to do things one handed for some reason.

This one is complete, but not done. It has a start and an end and a menu. There are still things it needs.

Known Bugs:

• Bug fixes for the camera are forthcoming. It works now, but it’s weird if you go too far outside of the range.

TODO Features:

• Volume control for speech, potion pickup, and stretching noises is forthcoming.
  • Graphics controls like resolution and full screen are forthcoming.

TODO Content:

• Dungeon needs more variety.
  • Voice acting needs a lot of work.
  • Dynamic ragdolls (like Fall Guys or Totally Accurate Battle Simulator or Human Fall Flat)
8 Likes

So, I’m enjoying this so far and have a few suggestions, i also posted these on the itch io page:

slightly faster movement, possibly getting slower as she gets bigger
higher spawn rate for potions, i seem to lose before even finding more than two or three
possibly a map or timer to say how much time is left

It’s fun, but every time I lose is because i go down a hallway and find nothing, then can’t get back to where i was before i lose

2 Likes

Leagues beyond the initial concept, looking forward to seeing future installments. Wonder if the belly and backside will become more pronounced?

As CurrentlyBothered said, the potions can be fairly sparse at times. Can completely screw you over if you go down the wrong hall.

Curious, is there any chance an update might provide the option for her to burst on-screen?

1 Like

Agreed about the potions, I only saw the two on the first table, then never saw a single one after that. With how empty the rooms were, I assumed the game was either broken, or that nothing was implemented yet.

1 Like

I have another idea I haven’t posted elsewhere, but I was thinking faster movement as you get bigger, but also less traction and more bounciness, like floating around as a balloon. Means things get a little more frantic as you move along.

Speaking of the butt and belly: The character actually gets much, much bigger when you’re maxed out. The rig has animation shapes that can easily fill the room, but they’re disabled. Currently, the player maxes out after 60 potions. I’m deliberately keeping them a little scarce for now so there’s more content at the far end of the game. Would be unfortunate to show everything now.

As for bursting on screen, I’d plan on it. Just haven’t gotten to it.

1 Like

Since you were known for your interactive bursting flash games on DA, have you ever implimented bursting into this game or plan on doing so in future updates?

Planning on it. Just haven’t gotten to it. Optionally, of course.

I would love it if there were ways that are not wide enough for certain widths.

Also in the plan! :smiley: If you see the room layout with the weird asymmetric columns, that was a sizing test for the character fitting. The collision rect gets bigger as she does.

hey been somewhat following this for awhile since that early proto you uploaded, things have certainly improved since then, this has huge potential. no pun intended

not sure about the body though i like big bellies and fat butts but i assume the fat model is still being worked on.

1 Like

I hope to, yes. I don’t know where to work it in to the mechanics yet.

A new release is out!

You can get it on itch here: v0.10.0 Released: New Room Type - Accident in the Alchemy Lab by captainstupids

Or on Mega: 221.86 MB file on MEGA

Copying and posting the notes from itch.io:

It wasn’t clear if there was enough new content to merit a release, but I didn’t want to sit on this any more. v0.10.0 is uploaded and features a few new additions:

• A new ‘wooden study’ room type.
  • Counterspell mechanic changes.
  • More mood lighting and darker hallways.
  • RESPAWNING POTION !
  • Transmutation Traps.
  • More movement inertia.

It’s not clear which of these are worth keeping. The hallways feel a little too dark to me now, but I like the general mood. At least the global light was a little much. Future versions will probably play a little more with the exposure and contrast.

Respawning potions was something I really debated about. I want the end game to be something only a select few people get to see, but it’s still challenging enough that I find myself losing at about the half way point, so I’m not too worried. The game is really heavily luck based now, and I’d like to make that not happen, but I’m not sure what to do mechanically to accomplish this.

Transmutation traps were originally going to be ‘emergency healing pads’, but instead I decided to make them into traps, so if you’re running around too fast and not paying attention you can run over them and they’ll increase the rate at which your character fills. Maybe you want that?

Speaking of moving around, people had complained about the player being too slow, so I made a small change. When the player blows up more, she’ll get lighter and faster, but you’ll lose the ability to make sharp turns. Be careful with those transmutation traps!

Lastly, counterspells will now reduce the player’s size by about 10%, so you can stay in the dungeon longer. I didn’t really want the player to deflate because it might trigger dialog to happen more than once, but it’s worth trying.

3 Likes

It keeps crashing my whole computer