I’ve been working on a weight-gain roguelike for a while, mostly prototyping and hacking away at things and experimenting with systems. I finally found things in a state where I’m happy enough with them to show something to the public.
First, some screenshots:
The current plan is to have both male and female inflation and weight gain available. Both are in the current build but there are no items or creatures that will inflate the player, so the only option is weight gain.
The motivations are TrapQuest, Tainted Elysium, and that furry WG game from a while back. I wanted to try and pare down the transformation and furry content and add in some more roguelike elements, particularly on the proc-gen and emergent behavior side.
It’s still very early days, but this build has randomly generated levels with a randomly generated male or female character.
The input is keyboard only and 100% driven by
/command type inputs, but there are some handy default bindings, W, A, S, and D for movement. You can rebind these with “/quickbind h move left” and stuff like that. Or try /help.
- Enemies which will kamekaze stuff you.
- Ability to stuff other NPCs or yourself.
- Character creation.
- Clothing, so you’re not wandering around naked.
- Much more detail in the language generation, especially the body description.
- Lots of body-specific tuning. Right now, after eating too much it’s easy to be full for days.
- More detail in the level generation. Right now it’s pretty limited.
- Commands to ‘use’ or ‘interact’ so you can interact with more interesting world objects and doors to move to new places.
- ‘say’ command to talk with NPCs.
- Hearing, as part of the language generation.
I’m only working on this in my limited spare time and, as is always the case, this might end up in the graveyard, but it seemed like it was worth offering.