Earthquake Warriors (Expansion Sample Update)

picture host

Here’s a concept for a shape shifting boss, but I’m not sure how I want to distribute the colors.

5 Likes

i think overalls should be purple and the skin violet, not other way around. But he does look nice

1 Like

Oh my, an evil Ditto!

1 Like

I wish I could say I had something new to present, but sadly I don’t. Been struggling to find motivation while HIJOKE and Caleb are still working on their sprites.

3 Likes

I hope Caleb doesn’t mind me showing off some of his work for the game here.

These are Dossier pics he made for his character Drimogemarcus, who evolves into Kerypymarcus. I started working on this game again, and I hope to get some more done.

6 Likes

Oooh, Digimon. They look cool.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize Cherubimon was as popular as it is right now. So, what do you like about its design?

2 Likes

I dunno. He’s otherworldy but inhuman, and kind of sinister. Also, Cable himself came up with an anaolgy.

" I am not sure that you intended this when you picked ‘my’ Gordo Grande forme to be a Cherubimon, bu that choice i surprisingly fitting.

You saying that humans are not your heroes is not simply because of your misanthropy; you dislike the Unfortunate Implications of media that has a ‘man’s triumph against nature’ mentality… mainly implying that nature is bad. You also think that elves and the Little Bit Beastly (the Nekomimi) being treated totally different from humans is lazy character design due to elves and the Little Bit Beastly being functionally human. You even let Rockman get defeated by the 8 Robot Masters in retaliation to those Unfortunate Implications.

I read in TVTropes that, in Digimon Frontier , Lucemon exploited Cherubimon’s disappointment with Beast Digimon being second-class citizens in the Digital World. TVTropes noted that could be an allegory of how, despite the alleged balance of Human Digimon and Beast Digimon, a lot of Beast Digimon Digivolve into Human Digimon. Moreover, even though Cherubimon is the Beast Digimon’s ambassador, he still reigns wi the Human Ophanimon and Human Seraphimon; that is, there i still one Beast ambassador being outnumbered by two Human ambassadors.

If you are making a team that is agains the ‘man’s triumph against nature’ trope, what better ally would you have than a Beast ambassador that knows how you feel… especially if this Cherubimon, despite initial appearances, is a good guy?"

4 Likes

I want to comment that Cherubimon has a “good” and “evil” form, and I can see them as “placated” and “Fed up with human garbage” forms. Because yeah, I did not see that whole thing about Digimon Frontier’s unfair setting towards Beast Digimon.

2 Likes

If I were to be honest, I kind of don’t want to know more. A lot of those stories with a misanthropic villain offend me on both a personal and moral level. Usually, the general message is “non-humans just have to deal with our BS.” Even when the piece of media TRIES to show the struggles of non-humans, they ruin it by making non-humans the villains.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. Media is pretty biased.

2 Likes

I think I am finally starting to get back into this project. I got ideas for what I want the plot to be and I got the levels and what not figured out. I just need to draw and code everything, and I’m still waiting on HIJOKE to finish his sprites.

Btw, I decided to try and redo Toasty’s mugshot. Which do you like more?

4 Likes

The new artwork looks more cartoon like to me, I wonder how the other portraits would look in that style.

1 Like

They look more friendly and cartoony, i like that! It fits the game imho.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was annoying when there wasn’t a proper monstrous plant Digimon that is Mega level. It took until 2021 before that was a thing, fortunately the first one they introduced, Hydramon, was a smashing success of a design.

2 Likes

I was also thinking about giving Dobbins a new one. Not happy with his mug, either.

2 Likes

Not ahuge update.I’ve been going on and off on this project for a while, and with Art Fight over, I’m hoping I can motivate myself more with this project. I mean, sometimes, it’s just mindless fun taking your big, fat monster and steamrolling a bunch of mooks.

But anyway, presenting the last member of the Earthquake Warriors: Leonard Greenland!

I <3 anteaters.

4 Likes

Max Mesh LeonardMax Mesh Leonard Mugs

And here’s Max Mesh Leonard, his Gordo Geande form.

4 Likes

Still been back and forth with the project, but I’ve been getting spurts of interest, lately. I finally even made a video showing off what I got so far.

In addition, I have some bad news.

ARATH WILL ALSO NOT BE PLAYABLE IN THE FINAL BUILD!

Once again, the owner of the character has asked me to Omit him from the game. Now the game only has one bird playable character.

3 Likes

Oh geeze! I am so sorry to anyone who has downloaded the demo and had to see this. I’ll use a darker outline for all the Sprites that have two similar reds. Unfortunately, I have limited pallets to work with for my sprites do it to the limitations of RPG Maker 2003, so the darker outlines might look weird, but if it keeps the game from hurting people’s eyes, it might be something I’ll have to do.

2 Likes