Earthquake Warriors (Expansion Sample Update)

Ok, so those were the 2 left for me to get. Got to the final battle but got a visual bug where Dobbins was supposed to go into GG but instead the other 3 party members were the ones doing the fighting and Dobbins was headless and didnt participate in battle.

For the ending got an error and couldnt continue.Sending the images here as spoiler.

error final batt

error endin

2 Likes

Oh geeze. I’m gonna have to look into that one tomorrow. Any other bugs you noticed?

1 Like

Alright, Take Three. Fixed various issues with the ending. For example, it “couldn’t open that particular file” because I accidently tried to open a file that contained one of the deleted playable characters mugshots. As for decapitated Dobbins, I forgot to remove the other three members, and when trying to add his GG form, it couldn’t because the team was full (as it still had regular Dobbins PLUS the three other characters.)

In addition, I fixed Big Matt and several things nearby, such as the broken portal and the Rat Hostage before having the wrong graphics and wrong fight. Big Matt should work now. He didn’t because I had him set to “below character” instead of “Same Level.”

Dobbins is my favorite, too. He’s just this big, boisterous goofball. He’s imposing, but fun, plus he has the most size presence (debatably) out of all the characters.

That being said, he’s the brute of the game. He relies on sheer strength over strategy, with all but one of his moves being straight-up damage. While obtaining Belly Drum and BellyBellyBombQuake from the arenas is useful, the only Hugger ability that’s really worth learning is “WOOOOOOAH BELLY!”, which thankfully is his earliest hugger move. That particular move is immensely powerful, and a must for getting rid of the healer in the final boss ASAP. Dobbins has VERY low skill points, though, so always be sure to have tons of Tap Water on hand when using him. IF you feel you need it, keeping Protein Feasts on hand is wise. He DOES have Sing, which gradually heals him while in healing state, and it CAN be useful if you want to keep your money, but it’s best used when you only have one or weak opponents to deal with. In the final fight, it’s best to use when you only have the Swordsman left.

4 Likes

So what does Big Matt play like in the game?

2 Likes

Ok, so your fix has allowed me to fight Big Matt, i choose to lose and he said he had goodies if i beat him but after retrying it, the music changed to normal music and nothing happened when i beat him. I reloaded the save file and beat him right in the first time and it worked and unlocked the goodies.

For the ending, it worked out until the end and got your thanks for playing message. I have 2 out of 3 endings then but i suppose its being a meanie to others for the last one and i would need to start all over for that. So i cant say anything about that one.

Finally as for bugs i think its only the Benny the Rat, as he is pleading to not fight, a battle starts, every attack he repeats the same text box and after beating all the enemies he thanks us, says he is out but stays there and the same thing repeats over and over.

Also Garr when he grows, says he is still in his underwere and not underwear, so a typo, no big deal but letting you know.

If there is anything else i might be missing, let me know as im enjoying your game. I remember playing one of the first versions a long time ago but as it was incomplete i never tried much of it. Glad you kept trying and got to finish it. Not sure what else you could expand on it but wont say no to more of this or a new game for the future. Thank you for your work!

1 Like

I found a Bug when i fought mumbo and ended the fight his character was still in my party while in grande form at the same time i cannot remove him from my party homever i can still use his moves
Captura de ecrã 2023-07-03 165244

2 Likes

I guess 1.03 will be on its way. Thanks for letting me know and bearing with me. It’s my first game release.

3 Likes

He’s actually just a boss.

1 Like

I think I found a way to bypass the bug. You first need to fill your whole party up and do a fight if you do so next fight when you enter gordo grande mode it will be fixed.

1 Like

Which one, the Mambo fight, the Big Matt fight or the Benny fight?

1 Like

Mambo fight i think? It’s the one you get on the first stage. And another two bugs bertha summon rapid is summoned in the next fight after her first appearance if you use it (he didnt get summoned in when I used the skill in her first battle) and he doesn’t dissapear afterwards. Plus I haven’t tested it yet but I think the problem with Mambo that i talked about can happen with every character encounter where they appear in their gordo grande form.

2 Likes

From what I can tell with the Mambo fight, it’s coded correctly, but I’ll do some tests later. Also, Kaiser Dragon, did you mention that you got a crash during the good ending, still? Again, I’m not seeing anything wrong with the coding, but I’ll do more tests.

Everything else, however, I’ve found the problems and I’ve fixed them, but I’ll wait till I get more problems fixed before I release 1.03. Also, I’ll check the issue with Bertha and Rapid later.

1 Like

No crashes for me, got the ending with the Thank you message from you.

Got 2 weirds interactions that i posted on my previous message, one regarding the Benny encounter and the other was with Big Matt but after reseting i was able to avoid the problem but if somone loses to him and saves, they will never unlock the shop i think.

2 Likes

New bug. Didn’t need to fight the big guy. And imalmosst 100% sure you need to fight him.

2 Likes

How are you supposed to unlock Papa Tompton? When i get to his fight and win he is not unlocked (also he is not in his gordo form though i’m not sure if he should be).

2 Likes

This is actually a recurring problem I’ve had. In order to tell the game that a monster is dead, I keep creating triggers that activate when a monster is at 1% life or lower, because I haven’t gotten it to work when setting that trigger to activate when they reach 0% for some reason. I think what RPGMaker2003 WANTS me to do is have it trigger when an enemy reaches “Knockout” status, but when making all the triggers, that never crossed my mind. It barely effected the battles anyway, so I kinda ignored it.

As for unlocking Tumpton, as I said, you need a “Flash” item. The fact that people keep asking me is telling me that I didn’t make it clear enough, so I’ll try to find a way to add a clue for that fight somewhere.

1 Like

This is mostly because if you use a character more than others, you dont get to experience what they have that is unique. A lot of the items i had i couldnt use because i was always using Dobbins solo but after trying out with a more diverse party i found out the variety of spells and skills to change the battle a lot more, i think either everyone could use the item, like a key item, would make it easier to avoid that problem against Tumpton. Also, does his small phase and GG mode counts as 2 different characters? You could make the 1st one that can never go below 0 health until it triggers the change to avoid defeating him before transforming.

1 Like

I actually programmed at least five of the characters to have flash moves, with a few Flash items being enemy drops.

As for Tumpton, I’ll look into it to see if there’s an issue.

2 Likes

With Tumpton, once you get him to 8%, it changes automatically. In 1.03, I changed it to 10% just to make it harder to kill him on accident.

As for the issue I mentioned of needing to set enemies to knockout state? Unfortunately, RPGMaker 2003 does not have the option to do so, so saddly there isn’t much I can do about that. I will see what I can do about the Mambo Jumbo fight, and 1.03 shpuld be up tomorrow complete with fixes I mentioned.

2 Likes

Alright, hopefully I got everything I can control. Like I said, nothing I can do about the early triggers in battles, and after checking the Mambo Jumbo event, I couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I did fix the other issues, including the one with Bertha. I also had Tumpton’s father make an effort to explain the Tumpton recruitment fight better by reciting old ghost stories and where to get flash items. In addition, Ninjas now drop Bottled Flash, while some of the lizards in the Pre-Mambo battle have a 1/4 chance of dropping Flash Rings.

2 Likes