Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

team: just vibin
bewildered angel/god: WHO WANTS TO DRINK BIRB AND NOM CHEZ
team: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t really think of an easy way to make it clear what range youā€™ll need since itā€™s so specific, maybe like a modified version of the Sword that has likeā€¦ squares at the bottom of it?

Either way, I donā€™t think itā€™s too big of a deal since restarting levels isnā€™t very punishing (aside from the adventurerā€™s waistlines).

1 Like

I may mock up some icons later to show some possible options to help this, but you could just use the grid icons at the top-right of each character card next to the damage type icon.

2 Likes

Nice. And I see the illusionist will be receiving an even bigger weight level as well.

1 Like

The top right icons are best imo, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a need to develop new icons for this

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been having an issue. On the bewildered page it says 0.8.2. When the page loads the game plays but my mouse wont interact with anything. I canā€™t click or drag.

1 Like

Open up the Developer Tools and see if there are any error messages in the console tab. In most browsers you can open it with the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I

ETD has been updated with Illusionistā€™s final weight set!

1-29-21-2

11 Likes

Beeg snek pile gives me life

1 Like

The Illusionistā€™s final size, I think, is the fattest one weā€™ve gotten yet!

2 Likes

Gloriously fat snek!

3 Likes

Beholdā€¦ the World Serpent!

3 Likes

JORMUNGANDR TWISTS AND TURNS
MIGHTY IN HISā€¦uh, herā€¦WRATH
HIS EYES
ARE FULL OF PRIMAL HATE (for fast enemies)

8 Likes

Ahh, thisā€¦ I love this snek. :heart:

Just for further clarification, this is the last planned weight stage for her?

1 Like

Yes this is the biggest sheā€™ll be getting

2 Likes

haha sheā€™s the size of a shipping container and people are wanting her bigger still
I love it

9 Likes

Ok so Iā€™ve tried messing with developer tools again but whenever I try changing something the changes donā€™t register. They just revert back to their original values. Is it a user error? (Edit, answer was I wasnā€™t saving the changes by doing control + s before I left)

1 Like

You have to refresh the entire page in order for any changes to the save file to be reflected in-game. The save file is just a file written to every time a value changes in-game: the game runs off of internal memory values, and only reads from the save file when it first populates that memory when the page is loaded.

1 Like

Sort of a weird question, but has anyone looked into whether or not capacity upgrades are worth it? Most noticeably when dealing with self-nuking characters like the witch or the illusionist, it seems like just letting them KO themselves is better than trying to give them enough capacity to deal with it.

If I understand correctly, then perhaps KOā€™d characters could digest at half-speed or something to make capacity more appealing as an upgrade, especially for the faster characters.

2 Likes

I think capacity is useful on longer stages when youā€™re going for a good time, since you canā€™t attack while KOed so you have to wait. If you have a crazy amount of capacity you can breeze through these stages in seconds because your ladies inhale the whole thing without being KOed.

4 Likes