Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Characters that attack multiple enemies simultaneously (illusionist, witch, etc.) are best built with Metabolism, as capacity is more-or-less worthless.
The inverse is true of characters that only attack one enemy at a time. For those characters (spellblade, thief, ranger, etc.), you are best off building high capacity and not putting a single point into metabolism, as you want them to be able to attack as often as possible and don’t want to worry about them getting slower as you go through the level.
Then you have support characters, who typically want a mix of both.

2 Likes

I disagree, if you really want the illusionist to be able to clear stages in <5 seconds then you can just upgrade her capacity to be higher than the sum of every enemy in the stage. Once you get around 2500, you can clear Golem Army in about 5 seconds, and somewhere around 4000 lets you do Blue Cheese Cyclops in 10, assuming you have the appropriate Power upgrades as well.

As a result, metabolism becomes nearly useless. You instantly digest everything once as stage is over, so if you simply have a higher capacity than everything in the stage combined, then there’s no point at which you’ll be waiting for it to tick down or even be KO’d at all.

This is really useful for the Glutton, as well.

1 Like

i can second this i do use illusionist for golem army with around 3500 in capacity, earns me like a million weight in 20 ish minutes

2 Likes

Cool, I know nothing about coding.
Line 52 failed saying context.drawImage(img, x - w / 2.0, y - h / 2.0, w, h);

1 Like

Do you have Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension installed? There is currently an issue where it generates a false positive on some of the adventurer sprites. This isn’t something I can fix personally, but I am in contact with Malwarebytes to get it addressed. You can mitigate it by whitelisting bewilderedgames.com in the extension

That was it. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Eat the Dungeon Update v0.8.4 is here!

New weight levels for the Engineer! There’s no problem she can’t solve with the power of SCIENCE!

2-6-21-2

11 Likes

I really hope that whenever this is “complete”, there will just be some fund collecting method running in the background, a patreon, the occasional ad, that when filled up sponsors a new upper stage or another inbetween step for every character.

2 Likes

I know this question might seem greedy and/or insensitive, but after the game is complete, would there be a possibility to have the rejected designs for the characters as “alternatives costumes”? I don’t want to pressure you, I just wanted to know if it was something in your mind.

Engineer is Credit to Team! From Heavy from TF2 :smiley:

2 Likes

Once the game is completely I would rather dedicate 100% of my energies to a new game tbh

Rejected designs are already planned to show up as NPCs in the story update in v0.12. As always, you can check the upcoming updates here in the “About” section: Bewildered Angel is creating Art and Games about chubby women | Patreon

2 Likes

Way more exciting to hear than the alternative. Seriously. Who needs improvements to a game that’s already done when you can have a whole new game instead?

3 Likes

engy: oh no im fat
spell: then de… what are you ding
engy: made a solution in 3 secconds HAHAH
spell: DA FRICK

3 Likes

Hey so a question that I’ve had for a long while now, but never bothered to ask, what decides who an enemy will attack? Before anyone gives the easy and obvious answer of the element damage type dealt being shown on the enemy, that’s not quite what I mean. What I mean is, for example I bring 2 party members who can both deal weapon damage, lets just say Spellblade and Ranger for the purpose of the example. In a level where I encounter an enemy that deals weapon damage, what I ask is what decides if that enemy will target Spellblade over Ranger or Ranger over Spellblade. I’m wondering because in situations like this, who the enemy attacks are inconsistent to where I can’t tell who will be hit, yet it feels consistant enough to the point where it doesn’t feel completely random.

1 Like

Also, this has more than likely already been mentioned, but I’m going to anyway in case it hasn’t. Long story short, there’s a bug with the Hummus and BBQ items. In battle, the items themselves work just fine, and as intended, but what I’ve noticed is that selecting one of these 2 items in the battle selection screen will highlight them both. At first , this isn’t a big deal since the item the game brings into the battle will be the item you selected. However the issue is that deselecting either one of them, even the one that you hadn’t selected previously, will de-highlight both of them. What this means is that you can’t bring both of these items into a battle, only one of the other.

1 Like

Enemies attack the character who has the currently higher stat

As for the hummus/bbq bug, my intention was to fix this along with the BGM in v0.9, but I might move it up

That actually makes a lot of sense and I suppose I should have figured as much to an extent, but I guess I wasn’t paying enough attention to notice that, even though I did notice how the weight loss and stuffing enemy attacks work.

(btw, I’m currently working on getting Engineer to 1 million weight and actually should be done somewhat soon)

1 Like

Got Engineer to 1 million! I actually completed this about 50 minutes ago, but I started using a new mobile device about a month and a half ago and it took me about 50 damn minutes trying to figure how to take a screen shot.

2 Likes

I suppose for those wondering what I did, here’s a bit of an explanation:

Characters used: Engineer (obviously), Bard, Illusionist. You only need these 3, so the 4th character can be whoever you like, although I’d most recommend someone who can support as a back-up option.

Level played: Blue Cheese Cyclops. This setup I have allows you to beat this stage getting hit by the Candy Catapults (or whatever they’re called, idk, that’s what they appear to be. Basically the invincible enemies that stuff themselves into one of your characters after 30 seconds have passed), and still manage to get an S rank, which the time requirement for doing so is a little over 2 minutes, 37 seconds.

Items Brought: Strength potion, Health potion, Spare shield, BBQ sauce. BBQ sauce may often not be necessary, since Enemies will probably be one shot anyway, but it’s better than nothing, and there really aren’t any better options. Those first 3 items on the other hand are extremely recommended to bring, preferably to be fully upgraded at 8 power each. Use of these 3 items is basically necessary here.

Character stats and description:
Engineer: stats are as shown in the image, not really much need to list here. I would have given her more speed, but I ran out of spendable fat to use, so I kept it a 200 in the end. Power or Metabolism maybe increase so she would gain more from each attempt, but these are levels are fine. Increasing her capacity wouldn’t have meant much since the latter 3 rooms are spent waiting for at least 30 seconds anyway. It’s important that in the team composition that Illusionist is diagonally across from Engineer. This is so you can have Engineer’s AOE support help Illusionist and miss Bard, which I’ll explain the importance of that later during Bard’s section. Role is to support Illusionist so she doesn’t get KO’d, and give her the power she needs to get through the level.

Bard: Stats are the following: Power: 60, Speed: 70, Metabolism: 10, Capacity: 100.
Bard’s role is a bit of a strange one, but necessary to get an S rank here. For the first 4 of the 7 rooms Bard is there to help engineer when she inevitably get KO’d (Engineer’s gaurenteed to get KO’d at least twice with her capacity level). In doing so, Bard has most likely taken in over 1,000 fullness, and has preferably exceeded 1,200. Getting to room 5, the Candy Catapults have started to appear, and Bard’s role changes to an odd, but necessary one, and why you want Engineer’s AOE support to be able to miss her. Long story short, you want Bard to be the one hit by the Candy Catapult’s one time stuffing attack, not Engineer or Illusionist. The stuffing attack gives the target about 315 fullness per the number of Candy Catapults in the room. While getting the extra weight will most certainly make getting to 1 million quicker, since there’s in total 9 of these things in the level. The thing is, because of time lost from getting KO’d, the S rank will become very difficult, if possible at all if Engineer is hit, and Illusionist getting hit won’t help much either since her fullness will just be transferred to Engineer. Thankfully, there is a way to manipulate who they attack; they will always go for the party member who currently has the highest fullness level in an attempt to KO them. So Bard will always be targeted since if she has the highest fullness level. Getting to at least 1,200 from Engineer in the first 4 rooms before being KO’d herself, this is easily doable, just make sure Bard doesn’t pass Ilusionist, and if Bard is hit in room 5, then she’ll almost certainly be hit again in room 6 unless she is supported from Engineer, so don’t. Keep in mind, Bard will be KO’d for the rest of the level, so I hope you brought some the needed items listed above to deal with Engineer’s speed. In the 7th and final room, you can finally have Engineer take fullness away from Bard, or even do so before the Candy Catapult’s attack so Engineer is hit by that as well, then attack with Illusionist, and end the stage. If done correctly, the S rank can be gotten consistently every time with this method, and your option are more or less this or give Engineer more Metabolism, and it was expensive enough as it is to get Engineer’s stats to the current level shown in the image. One other important thing to note as well, any armour that Bard has (gained from engineer) will help to block the Candy Catapult’s attack

Illusionist: stats are the following: Power: 1, Speed: 1, Metabolism: 5, Capacity: 250.
Yes, Illusionist’s max fullness is 2,500. She won’t be getting KO’d anytime soon. You may notice that her Power and Speed stats are 1, meaning they havn’t been upgraded at all, but that’s becauce there’s actually no point to upgrading them; they are meaningless for this. Power stat is meaningless because Engineer’s boost support will give her all the power she needs to one shot everything anyway (although you will need to use the BBQ sauce item on the cyclops for a oneshot starting out), and speed means nothing because even though Illusionist has by far the slowest base speed of any charcter, only using 3 main charcters means that you can just extract Illusionist and Bard after every attempt with Engineer keeping her weight without issue. And even if you don’t extract her, Engineer’s power is so high that it still won’t matter until Illusionist gets to an absurdly high weight. Also, as for why to use Illusionist as your sole attacker, A) every enemy in the level is susceptible to magic, and are susceptible to sneak as well, B) Illusionst has a screen nuke and is therfore able to clear entire rooms with a single attack. C) The Cyclops, who appears in every room because this is a boss level has 413 health in both magic and sneak, so Illusionist, the only character to have this combination of elements, gets 827 (an extra 1 point comes from weapon susceptibility) fullness from defeating the cyclops, an that’s also not taking into account any OTHER enemies that are in the room as well. This stage was pretty much made for Illusionist, since every enemy (minus the invincible Candy Catapults) is susceptible to both of her 2 elements.

One funny thing to note, to show how effective this method is, when I mentioned that I was decently close to getting Engineer to 1 million, she was at about 570k. There were roughly 2 hours between the post where I mentioned I was decently close. Engineer gained about 430k weight during that time period.

Also funnily enough, this actually becomes easier as Engineer gains weight because of the power increase.

1 Like

just waiting for the day the ranger gets more fat levels

5 Likes