Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

whine some more, jfc you people are impossible

12 Likes

No means to offend but not many people are into being furry/scaly. Do I wish there were other races other than mostly human, yes but the dragon is still Lucoa in miss Kobayashi’s dragon maids are consider dragons then ill consider that design a dragon as well.

9 Likes

I’m sorry, but I don’t like humans. That’s why non-human characters are so important to me and why I want one so badly, because I want to like at least one character in the game.

1 Like

I’m going to nip this in the bud. This happens every time one of these votes comes up and I’m going to remind everyone on here that complaining about the character picks on here is out of the purview of this thread. It isn’t productive and will be deleted unless Bewildered asks me to do otherwise.

7 Likes

To make a more constructive post, these 2 designs are probably the overall strongest in the lineup, largely because they have very good color blocking. Their outfits really pop against their skin and allow the eye to settle around their, uh…
…faces. yes, their faces.

And that’s really the key to all this, I think. At a glance, a design should meet the following criteria:

1. You should be able to quickly tell what you’re looking at
  2. You should feel like you know where to look when you look at it
  3. The design should feel cohesive and communicate a certain personality
  4. The design should fit in with the rest of the cast

And when you look at what’s in the lead now, we see this in play. With the current leads, it’s easy to know what you’re looking at and where to look. If we go back to previous winners, we can see this at play.
When the current Engineer won her respective poll, she proved somewhat contentious, and I think that’s just because of how much brown was in her color scheme and how much she looks like what you’d expect from a fantasy engineer. However, she won out as the most popular option regardless. The design is simple, easy to understand, evocative, and puts all the light colors around her breaaaauhhhh…face. Her face. And her steampunk-inspired design is close enough to the game’s high fantasy aesthetic to fit in with the other characters.

This isn’t to say the rest of the designs fail in these departments, merely that “Clockwork” communicates something clearly and quickly. In the other designs, history has repeated itself, and it continues to do so. We can go on and on back and forth about how the game “needs” this or that, but when all is said and done, the only thing it needs is strong character design. Everything else is a matter of taste. And, as has been established, Angel makes the final product appealing no matter what. These designs serve the sole purpose of being eye candy, particularly with respect to sex appeal, considering that this is a kink game.

7 Likes

hmm good example, Dwarf And Furnace was cool and thicc character designs made by Alarune, but was no match to Erill’s Clockwork with her Final form being an Exosuit to hold the huge trunk if you know what i mean :smirk: :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, Clockwork is my least favorite of those. There are other characters that, while they don’t particularly appeal to me, there’s at least something about their design that I do like. Bomblin is pretty cute and my favorite of the bunch. Furnace is a creative idea, and I’d love to see something more outside the box from this game. The lamia character already in the game is something I don’t see that often. Ghost doll and steam cyborg also have some interesting weapons. Those characters have things that stand out to me. I can actually ignore the less than perfect color contrast for some of them.

1 Like

I think it it worth mentioning, for people displeased with the current lineup, that there are plenty of ways to influence the future cast via the Patreon:

1)There’s the Beastkin class, which is exclusively non-humans, and nearly exclusively full-blown furries/scalies.
2)You can submit character designs via the Legendary Tier
3)You can vote by being at any Patreon Tier. Every final vote comes down to a human and non-human, and these final votes are always pretty close.

I don’t think deleting anything is necessary, provided discussion doesn’t get any worse.

5 Likes

Might I ask something, though? I like the idea of a beastkin character, but you said the candidates are ALMOST exclusively furry/scalie. That kinda suggests that there’s at least one neko/human with animal ears and tail. Can I see the candidates?

1 Like

I don’t want to reveal them right now, but I’ll say one of them is half-dragon/half-human, one is a furry, and one is half-dragon/half-human who turns into a full dragon as she gets bigger. Of course, more can be added later.

Final Dancer Poll

All patrons can vote here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/56807581

10 Likes

Ooo really liking the design of the dragon here. Belly dancer is nice too, although the colors do remind of the knight. Probably a coincidence though.

the dancer looks like a dancer, the dragon looks like a light mage

glad that my two favs from the dancer lineup are the two finalists!

both look adorable and have some great assets, particularly the dancer.

Dragon Girl Vs Belly Dancer Who will Will Win?

Team Dragon: The Dragons Shall Kneel Before Me!- Deathwing Dragonlord

Or

Team Shante: Your wish is my suggestion.- Zephrys the Great

The Choice is yours

I hope it’s Dragon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :relaxed:

2 Likes

Come on! Lets give Alarune that win!

2 Likes

Yay Alarune! Alarune! Go Alarune!! :star_struck: :partying_face: :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

(Not entirely sincere) I object to the Bunny being called a ‘furry’, good sir.

News from the front, the Dragon’s currently winning with a 13 vote lead (54 vs 41)

3 Likes

Yeah! Go dragon! Rock The Dragon! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :smiley: :star_struck: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

She’s furry enough, lol

1 Like

She’s at least as much Human as rabbit though…

Update, 56 VS 43, still in the Dragon’s favour.

3 Likes