Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Try clearing the cache for the website and reloading it. If that doesn’t work, then next time it bugs out press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open the inspector. If there are any error messages in the console, take a screenshot and post it here.

Magus winner & update coming soon!

The genie will be our Magus! Look forward to him being added to the game soon!

That’s right! Soon! Along with all the other characters, as well as many npcs, levels, and cutscenes. The next update will include 90% of the stuff that was supposed to be released over the past year.

I can‘t say exactly when but most everything is done, I just have to update the art for the world map and test everything.

It seems like every time I try to give a precise timeline for the next update I get hit by a car or get trapped in a once-a-century blizzard for weeks on end, so I‘m gonna just keep it vague and say it’s coming soon!

12 Likes

Oh. Oh No.

Oh No, he is hot.

A wonderful illustration, I say. I can’t thank ya’ll enough for your vote-patronage (votronage?), and hope he treats ya’ll right once he makes it to the game proper.

That said, take it easy Angel. Good lord, all that shit you had to deal with- you’re beholden to no one for any deadlines or goalposts. Do what you want, I say.

4 Likes

He is very cute and I’m glad to have voted for him. Also Bewild stop tempting fate like this. I know your trying to not do so but you are still by just saying “soon”.

2 Likes

I Love Him :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

if my force fed witch is there I will be ready for it

2 Likes

I just signed up on this website. I have played Eat The Dungeon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well made. Not only was the gameplay very fun (I don’t play video games often), but I really liked the art.
I was wondering if the art itself was available somewhere. I searched for it, but have struggled to find it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would tell me or provide me with the art of all the characters and all stages of weight and stuff (I noticed the bloat while playing). It is quite tedious to get all the stages for all the characters. Thank you so much for such an amazing game!

1 Like

I uploaded a copy of the game assets to gitgud for archival, and the images are fairly easy to view in its viewer: img/adventurer · master · matiastorres / eat-the-dungeon-dumps · GitLab

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That is incredibly helpful! I hope You have a great week!

3 Likes

It’s been a while, but I have to ask.

…are there ANY actual non-human playables, yet? Like? Any anthros or characters devoid of human facial features?

3 Likes

Okay, so at least one. That’s cool.

I wonder if it’s too late for me to create a Beastkin for the beastkin poll.

1 Like

I’m planning on adding an in-game gallery in one of the last few updates.

I’m no longer accepting submissions for character designs, sorry!

1 Like

Eat the Dungeon Update 0.15!

Play the latest version here!

It’s real, its here! Eat the Dungeon has finally been updated after 10000 years! This update gets me 90% caught up, and includes things like:

• 6 new characters: The Trickster, The Barbarian, The Inquisitor, The Druid, The Alchemist and The Magus!
  • 24 new levels!
  • 42 new npcs with new cutscenes!
  • My gay dark souls fanfiction!
  • Enough information to figure out what the Priestess’s deal is finally!
  • 13-36 new enemy types depending on how generously you count them!
  • Lore!
  • Pregnancy and transformation stuff!

4-28-24-5

25 Likes

THAT DOES IT, THERE GO ALL MY FUCKIN PLANS, I DON’T NEED TO MOVE OUT I NEED TO PLAY ETD

9 Likes

How’d you manage to do that?

2 Likes

I wanted my saves to transfer between devices so I made a small server-proxy thing to patch the game on the fly to load saves from the server before running. Uploading a dump is as simple as grabbing the contents of the server cache after playing the game.

2 Likes

(Edit; removed the spiteful bit about a certain individual. Wasn’t entirely called for, apologies.)

Admittedly am still salty over how polls have been turning out recently (mind goes; ‘there are exotic designs, why are the most basic ones always picked’, though in retrospect the Goth is about as basic as it comes. Not proud of that), but what you’ve done with the rejected designs in the story’s pretty cool, honestly. Though the soldier’s tale is kinda… well, really grim. (Edit) Same with the Cultist and Skyranger. Do these characters we’ve thought up really need to die?

Only just completed that level and looking forward to what you’ve written for the rest of the designs, particularly the Gnome. Seriously, great work on her post-level design, girl looks ready to detonate. And the Cryomancer is honestly adorable.

Still disappointed you didn’t call them ‘Zombries’.

Again, you did a great job with the Gnome. (Semi-jokingly) With a belly like that, I would’ve assumed she’d be the most explosive ‘volatile’ bonus round sister.

Wait you made a save system? Is it possible for you to share?
(And to also release the recently updated assets?)

1 Like

…dunno why i have feeling the priestess is a goddess too

Just updated the dump. Also, what I built is a server for the game. It is half-complete, I usually run it on Linux, and I intended it for my use only, but you are welcome to try it out. I’m willing to take feedback.
Windows: windows.zip (2.7 MB)

Basically, download this zip, extract it, go into the extracted folder, and double click “start.bat”. This should open the server console. Then, go into your browser and visit http://127.0.0.1:1123. Create an account, go to saves, create a save, then click play. The first time you do this, the server will need to download all the game assets so this will take some time. After a minute or so, the game should have loaded. To close the server, open the server console and press the “ctrl” and “c” keys at the same time.

1 Like

Hello!

The next update I will put out will be a bunch of Quality of Life improvements to the current game. There’s quite a few things that can be smoothed over or polished!

Below I’ll list all the things I’m considering. Now that isn’t to say I’ll do all of them! Some of them might turn out to be unnecessary or prohibitively difficult/time-consuming to accomplish. But I want your opinions about them, and I also want to hear what QoL features you would like to see in the game!

These are supposed to be improvements to the already existing game, mostly changes in UI. I don’t have to time right now to add big new features and mechanics.

Here’s what I’m thinking about:

• Keyboard Input - This is a popular request to be able to play the game solely by keyboard
  • Highlight Common Element Previews - I want to indicate to the player what Common Elements are covered by the characters they have selected when picking a stage
  • Improve Map Navigation - Click and drag can be kind of a chore over long distances, I want other options for moving the map
  • Characters on the Start Menu - I haven’t updated this in a long time! I want everybody there!
  • Options for sorting characters - I want to sort them by level up cost, weight, favorite food, and abilities
  • Smarter Map default location - Right now the game just focuses on the earliest incomplete level when you return to the map screen, this is a pain to deal with if you’re retrying an old level for better times or in a branched area
  • Improve font - The 1 and the 7 look too much like each other in the current font!
  • Better Indication of cooldown and KO - Right now these are indicated by shading the character portrait, which I don’t think is clear enough!
  • Some way to review the information about stats - Right now this is a tutorial message that only shows up the first time you go to level up. If you miss it the first time, you’re outta luck!
  • Increase the multiplier for favorite food? - I’m really on the fence about this one. If the multiplier was bumped up to say, 4x, that would speed up the game and reward picking characters particularly well suited for each level. But that also punishes using your favorite characters if they’re sub-optimal.
  • Bestiary? - For checking monster stats! Maybe? Another one I’m not sure about.
  • Preview the exact rooms/monsters? - Sometimes the Common Element display doesn’t give you a good idea of what’s really going on. Maybe when you’re retrying a level it tells you exactly what you’ll face?
  • Buff Armor? - Right now Armor just isn’t as exciting as the other support abilities! Maybe all I need to do is double or triple the value?
  • See Best Crew Along with Best Time in Level Select - So you don’t have to remember what the best party comp for each stage is!
  • Common Elements Display Needs to Prioritize Damage Type (Weapon, Magic, Etc) over Food Type - Damage type is just more relevant!

What do you think about these changes? What other changes would you like to see?

11 Likes