Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Yeah, I only just got hit by this reality earlier today with the gingerbread level: even with an insanely decked-out version of the aforementioned team - probably the most I’d built up in a single session - I couldn’t get to an S rank without swapping the Thief for the (much lower level) Warrior and thus having a third outlet for the Witch’s cooldowns. It’s in ways like this - where the optimal solution often is based on wider, abstract considerations (i.e. global strategies rather than local ones) - where I think the game really shines. Already, there have been numerous examples where being calculating rather than reactionary have really helped, such as by using the Witch to target fewer enemies to keep the remainder clumped together and thus allowing them to be cleared in fewer attacks, and by taking more time to breathe between attacks so as to not tempt KOs that’ll quickly take their toll on one’s completion time. I think this design philosophy opens up a lot of possibilities for viable strategies and discovering interesting, non-linear shortcuts.

I guess my approach to an “optimum team” is a lazy way of circumventing learning the stages and their counters whilst still striving to be effective. The Warrior still doesn’t seem to be as generically viable to me as some of the other characters in this kind of setup - in my opinion, it’s often more useful having a dedicated support/DPS than someone halfway between -, but, as before, she can certainly be a good third bolster for other characters in a speedrun at the very least, and I’m sure there’re other applications I’ve overlooked by focusing on this style of gameplay. I definitely need to experiment with some other builds for a little bit!

I should also note that my approach thus far has also been bottlenecked by my attempt to complete the game sequentially with no level repeats. I wouldn’t be surprised if grinding stages earlier on actually helps to cut down on the campaign’s completion time in a roundabout way.

1 Like

If you are alright with using other support characters then go right ahead but it will still be helpful if she is the only one handling the floor if the objective is to lower all the adventurers’ weights.

Also a little tip, you cap out (100% on speed) on speed at level 105. However you will still have a debuff from weight, so increasing it will help to keep the effect being potent. Just being at 120 levels of speed will grant the Witch’s base speed being roughly constant (it will go up still, but it takes a while to reached 6 seconds) all the way up to 16,000 to 18,000 pounds. The only issue is this is very expensive, so doing this be prepared for the costly upgrades once you reach that point.

2 Likes

I… kinda liked using the bard on party members that are still digesting food, since she can’t fight effectively, how else is she gonna get fat?

1 Like

I actually use the exact opposite strategy. I feed bard all the food i can get to her and from the start super hard invest into metabolism, then branch out into power and capacity. I’ll usually take 1 or two others are primary damage dealers and have bard steal all their weight and have the other support character reset her cool downs when her capacity is empty. With witch heavy levels i pump up power and capacity on witch, have her nuke stuff, have the bard steal food from her, and then have the two other support characters lower the immensely fat bards cool down so i can pull more from the witch.

What this means is that a lot of the fatxp from a level goes into one character (the gigantically fat bard) and then i can get most of all that XP from one extract rather than having to do multiple runs to extract everything.

Not saying your strategy is wrong, of course. Play how you want. But given my obsession with bellies, this strategy suits me well haha

3 Likes

It isn’t strange if it’s on this website

3 Likes

Mechanic idea: Shop
on main page (with extraction)
enemies and fast times drop gold. use the gold to purchase items in the shop. for example:

• extra extraction(20gp)
  • +100lbs(10gp)
  • consumable item(5-10gp)
    for consumables, maybe a full-group heal crystal, a cooldown reset potion, and a potion that causes the user to instantly digest all food, converting it into fat.
  • equipment(buy or drop from enemies)
    one item can be equipped per person, and can be sold for gp. equipment is permanent and gives some effects to the user and/or their party(additional metabolism, more weight gain, cooldown reduction, capacity increase, favorite food becomes x, etc.).
    I think this would add a nice touch to the game.
    (sorry if this seems rushed; have things to do.)
3 Likes

I think you can add some statue, building or hire someone to help and some ceremony, can give some extra buff, like “Obesity altar” Basic reward multiple + x0.05, build new “Extraction room” to give more chance to extract, “Training room” cost a chance to use this Character but level up 1 status, Donate money to “church of fatty goddess” so that the sisters inside can eat more and fatter, making the statue of the goddess more and more huge and fat,And so on.

3 Likes

Oh, the statue getting fatter too is a DELICIOUS idea! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

An interesting thought right there, I must say. Since the statue doesn’t really have to still be able to move, I could see it reaching far more “impossible” levels of fatness than the girls do.

1 Like

I think a shop could be cool! I’m not sure about adding another currency type, it might just use the fat currency.

That statue getting fatter is actually pretty funny

darkest dungeon…nope, is fattest dungeon!
equipment, Consumable item, Town construction, fattening recreational facilities, There are also people affected by the magical powers radiated from the dungeon(but most is affected by Adventurer coming out of the dungeon.)

1 Like

quick, somebody gimme 300,000 dollars so I can make something on par with Darkest Dungeon lol

Also: the new stuffing levels are here, with some changes to weight/stuffing scaling

Patch notes here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/eat-dungeon-v0-3-31169034

3 Likes

is there a reason why they have a +5 strength cap now?

1 Like

never mind i see what you have done the cap is x2 the base

1 Like

That is correct, the strength gain from weight is capped so that it doesn’t make leveling the power stat useless

I got a strange bug i have replay very fast the first map, when i go to weight extraction screen the characters have reset and lost the weight points, but besides of that the game was working normal.
Great work i love the new update.

1 Like

Damn now i kinda regret putting hundreds of upgrades into metabolism, they clear stomachs so fast i cant catch the full stomach lul, still love the new stuffing levels though :fire:

1 Like

I put “levels” into capacity, speed, and power… metabolism is actually on the bottom of my priorities.

1 Like

That’s very strange, what device and browser are you using?

I want to put in a respec option at some point, but I haven’t decided when I’m gonna do it yet

I was playing on the phone but i think it must have been more internet error, maybe it happened because I didn’t wait for the images of the enemys to load properly.