Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Is it possible to reset the data in your browser for the game?

Do you think you could add in an ā€œanimationsā€ button on the main page that lets us see all the charactersā€™ animations, in order?

1 Like

I see, let me know if it keeps happening

Your browser probably has an option for deleting browser data on a per-website basis. That would be the same as a reset

Possibly, Iā€™m intrigued by the idea of a gallery of all unlocked weights but its not a priority at this time.

something i want is new levels (i mean stages (i mean like the playable portions of the game) ), ones with enemies that have ridiculous amounts of health maybe, if you dont want people to have to grind to really high stats to beat the game they could be some optional side levels for people who want big numbers.

1 Like

What would be an interesting ā€œbossā€ would be one you defeat with fat. Like, he would spawn in more enemies that your girls fatten themselves up with, and instead of dealing damage, you would ā€œattackā€ it by giving your stored fat to it, until it is immobile (or explodes).

3 Likes

ā€¦actually that gives me a sort of thought. what about some enemy type that cannibalizes other enemies to buff/heal itself?

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see some enemies get fat as well! eventually, at least. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a fun ā€œfood for thoughtā€, anybody who has played this after the saving update but before the current one, try booting the game up from the 0.3.7 link, your saves will exist on the 0.3.8 version but if you try booting it up from the current link, it will ā€œclearā€ any saves you previously had. Also nice touch on releasing the newest update the day before no nut november starts.

1 Like

4 Likes

I believe thatā€™s because each of the links have a slightly different URL, and browsers assign saved data for web pages to the exact URL of that page.

I.e. the link at the top of the page is:
(http://www.bewilderedgames.com/)

The 0.3.7 post link is:
(https://www.bewilderedgames.com/)

And the 0.3.8 post link is:
(https://bewilderedgames.com/)

All go to the same content, but the browser stores and accesses different save data for each.

2 Likes

Developing an rpg that scales this much in an early-access fashion was kind of a mistake lol. Now thereā€™s huge disparities in every playerā€™s power level. I need to sit down and develop a good solution to this problem.

This sounds really funny, I like it

Hmm possibly

I donā€™t know if weight changing enemies is something I want to do, but Iā€™d like to put in some monsters that are already fat

Zombieguy is correct, the url configuration is the source of the save file weirdness. Iā€™ve been trying to keep the urls consistent but I forgot to edit the old ones

2 Likes

Honestly, the thing that I currently want to see added to this game is a bit more story. You know, adding some kinda ā€œskeletonā€ to the ā€œmeatā€ that is the gameplay we have now. As in, how and why are the characters in this dungeon? How did the team come together? What are their goals and ambitions?

Stuff like that, as well as some interaction between them whenever a new level is beaten, or a few scenes where they react to the gains (be it their own or each othersā€™).

Other than that, it would be nice to have a hub area, like a town, where the characters are resting in between runs, and which has other stuff to do and complete. While the game is fun in short bursts, itā€™s also kinda boring just chasing after higher numbers and statsā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never celebrated NNN, I wouldnā€™t be able to enjoy all the beauty here if I did! :grin:

1 Like

I do want to add some light story content at some point, but I havenā€™t decided when Iā€™m gonna to that

Even then the plot will be pretty bare bones, unless the patreon can reach the 1400 goal. Then I will be able to devote time to writing a story while still having plenty of time to add gameplay content

As for a hub town, Iā€™m not sure about that. Speaking personally, I donā€™t like it when games have lots of features, I prefer games that do one or two things extremely well.

1 Like

For what little my opinion is worth, I agree with you that itā€™s better for a game to be good at itā€™s core premise, before adding any extra features onto it, if at all.

2 Likes

Adding more levels and characters to stuff a d fattan up will be good!

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m not saying that you should overload the game with nonsensical features all around, and dilute the core premise. However, the thing is that there isnā€™t much to work towards in the game, in my opinion. Sure, there are a few scant rewards in the form of reaching certain clear times, or getting ever-higher stats, but beyond that, the game is kinda barren.

I guess Iā€™d just like to see the game offer more loot we could strive for, or other ways to get rewards, or ways to spend the extracted weight on something other than stats. For example, something that could be added are unique challenges - specific things that the player can do and receive a new item or such. Tasks likeā€¦ ā€œbeat this level with this tricky team compositionā€ or ā€œbeat that level under this specific time, while all the characters are at least over a 1000 poundsā€. Anyhow, this is just from the top of my head, but I hope you get what I mean.

Here is an idea for a character or character abilities.

A chef type character who has a support ability that changes other characters tastes temporarily. Alternatively their active attack can mark a target making them take more damage from the next attack. Or maybe their passive ability can temporarily buff the capacity of a friendly hero

We have a bunch of characters that can support the other heroes, but we donā€™t have much in the way of enemy debuffs.

Maybe a mage whoā€™s attacks randomly change the enemies health types?

Another idea for some kind of new magic user: their attacks swap the positions of two enemies. To be simple it would make sense to swap two adjacent horizontal slots. Could make for an interesting mechanic to line up attacks for the witch or to bring characters to the front for melee heroes to attack them.

How about a magic user that can debuff their allies to buff themselves? They would sap power from an ally to buff their next attack.

Hope some of these ideas may interest you

I donā€™t think I really communicated just how extreme my opinions on additional features are lol. Basically anything aside from the bare-bones core gameplay kind of irritates me. Like I think basically every video game has too much going on, even games lauded for being streamlined/focused like Doom2016.

I do recognize that this is a really really extreme opinion that few people share, and that ETD needs a bit more to be fleshed out. I just think right now I need to focus on main content

I think its easy to forget how nascent ETD is, up until recently Iā€™ve only been able to dedicate about half a day to ETD each week. So its current state only reflects about a month of full time development. ETD is really just beginning, I still think about it as a prototype of what its going to be

I donā€™t want to add new ability mechanics right now, but if I ever do I like messing with enemy positioning a lot. Debuffers might also be cool. The debuff allies to heal sounds interesting

Well hereā€™s Update v0.4! Its some quality of life improvements and a respec option!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/eat-dungeon-v0-4-31371266

3 Likes