Alright, so I've been inspired to create a game on here. I'd like to get some community feedback on it before I get underway. Keep in mind that there's no guarantee this will come to fruition. I have a really bad habit of getting too excited for something only to burn myself out on it. On top of that, I'll be in classes for about another month and finals are coming up, so I won't have a whole lot of time to work on it in that time. For starters, it will be an RPG Maker game. I got RPG Maker because it's something I've been thinking of using to practice making games for a while already, so I figured I might as well. Here's the idea behind it (what I have planned so far, at least):
- Element-bending-centric game with weight gain mechanic (think Avatar: Last Airbender, but with weight gain).
- Using elemental powers burns fat quickly
- Fire burns it quickest; fire beats water
- Earth is second; earth beats air
- Air is third; air beats earth
- Water burns it slowest; water beats fire
- All elements resist themselves
- Waterbending still burns fat faster than physical exercise and healthy food
- Each element also has a strong stat and a weak stat.
- Fire has higher attack, but lower HP
- Earth has higher defense, but lower speed
- Air has higher speed, but lower defense
- Water has higher HP, but lower attack
- Choosing an element isn’t mandatory, but not having one makes fights against element-benders a lot more difficult; to compensate, weapons and armor provide an extra bonus to their stat if the wearer doesn’t bend elements
- Unhealthy food = weight gain; healthy food = weight loss (unless in excess)
- Can choose gender of main character, but they won’t be customizable
- Fat gives natural resistance to the elements and slightly boosts health and defense at the cost of speed (both in and out of battle)
Keep in mind these are subject to change based on how difficult I find it to implement these. But let me know what you think regardless!
EDIT: Added stat changes between elements.