Email Notifications - do they work?

I’m wondering if anyone is getting email notifications from the boards. I haven’t had any since the boards were rebuilt, and I don’t know if it’s a setting thing (I’ve checked my spam folder), a configuration problem, or what. Has anyone else received email notifications?

I have! The preferences tab has an emails section on the left, and you can change the settings there. You can get emails for when people message you or reply to you or stuff like that, and you can set it to always send you those notifications even when you’re on the site. Hope this helps~

@echo_tine thanks for letting me know it works for you. I’d seen the email preferences and checked everything except then when I’m active one. That seemed redundant, but I’ve set it on for now just to see.
I’m not sure how it defines “active”, I’d assumed that leaving a tab open but shutting down my PC while I sleep would count as inactive.

1 Like

It seems checking “Send me email notifications even when I am active on the site” definitely works, I got a notification for @echo_tine’s post. Though it was posted some ten minutes before I checked the box!

We use a free mailer system as our SMTP server. This means we dont have a high priority on their system so it can take a bit sometimes for the emails to go out.

2 Likes