Emily's Midnight Snack - A weight gain interactive story

Hi! After a long career as a lurker, I’ve finally decided to post here and show you guys a little weight gain focused game I’ve been working on.

We are talking about a text adventure\interactive story! One that immerses you into the life of an stay at home wife called Emily - specifically, a night where the lights have gone out, and one where she feels particularly hungry… I won’t spoil it further than this, as, you know, it’s more of a short story than anything else.

This took a while to make! Two years of sporadic progress, give or take. But I really wanted to have the game coming out with a decent amount of content, not unfinished or even halfway there. No shade for those who prefer doing so of course, game development takes time and it’s perfectly reasonable to share what you have worked on so far, even if it’s not completed.

I mean, not even this project is 100% there! I do want to go back to it at some point and add some other events or routes for the player to take. In the meantime, I do hope you guys enjoy what I’ve got here.

It’s free, it will always remain so, and you can find it here:

I did test it a bunch, but I’m not a coder and there’s bounds to still be bugs or even softlocks in the game. Let me know if you find any, I’ll be sure to fix them once I have time for it :slight_smile:

Content warnings:

Weight Gain/Expansion, sexual content. That’s pretty much it.

Fun fact:
This game was developed in Twine, yes, but using the Chapbook engine! Not many games out there who use it. I get why now lmao. It’s fine, pretty beginner friendly but jeez… it took a while to get the hang of it.

38 Likes

Nicely done! Though my usual abuse of the ‘back’ button not being available here did make things a little more tricky.

A few observations/questions:

• Stepping on the scale causes an error (that the engine will let you back out of, thankfully)
  • Interacting with the casket in the laundry room just gives a blank text entry.
  • After ordering food, how do you wait long enough to get it?

After a few tries I can only get endings 1 and 2, though the comments on the itch page suggest several more. At this point not sure I want to do more runs with no idea of what else to try, but still - good!

5 Likes

My first playthrough I got ending 5c! Not sure how good that is.
Typos and grammar errors!

• Faint moonlight it coming through the window

• your 5’4’’ phisiquee

• you were too busy lusting over him do it with your bag of chips in one hand and soda in the other. Not sure how to fix.
  • two asimetrical halves

• your laundry won’t be neither clean nor dry by tomorrow

• It doesn’t matter that you’re technically an housewife

• both chocolate, sauce, and coke

• shouldn’t the holes hep out?

• It can’t be healty to consume that much soda in one go.

• the washing machine and a casket sat right next to it

• phone in hand, you turn on it’s light

• your pain slowly turn into something different.

1 Like

Glad you post it here :slight_smile: (It is Noi)

To get ending 4: eat at least 5 snacks (two in bedroom, one in safe in guest room, and two in living room) + food in fridge and pastry. After you do this, come in and out of there, you will have stuckage scene, then choose to stay there.
For ending 5a, 5b and 5c (they have the same sense): Accordingly, look at the toilets (preferably both), washing machine, the basement and eat four snacks; eat food in the refrigerator; eat food in the refrigerator and in the pantry. In each case, go to sleep after everything.

I don’t know what exactly to do to have ending 3.

2 Likes

Adding a download button is always nice. If you wouldn’t mind?

1 Like

Ah, yes, sorry about that! A back button simply isn’t there as a default UI element in chapbook, and I don’t know if it’s even possible to add one. I would if I could.

The issues with the scale should be fixed now, and the same applies to the casket (I forgot to remove it lmao)

Not a matter of waiting for the food, there was a bug that prevented you from getting the delivery. Should be fixed now (:

2 Likes

Ah well, it was inevitable for some grammatical errors to show up! English is not my first language, and I tend to write things down in Keep, which sometimes fails to give me actual grammatical corrections. I don’t know what’s up with that tbh

I’ll get them fixed as soon as I can.

Hi Noi, good to see you!!

Shoot, I thought Itchio did that automatically. Sorry about that, there’s now a download button (:

2 Likes

Game hits a error after you get the food delivery.

1 Like

And hard restart doesnt work.

Quick note from just starting the intro, I think ‘Jake’ is the Husband? That’s not explicitly defined I think, just suddenly gets referenced here:

it’s sort of a Jake problem anyway

Though initially referred to as ‘Husband’:

you’re pleasantly aware of your husband sleeping right next to you,

he’s then immediately referred to as ‘fiance’ when getting out of bed:

You heave yourself out of bed, careful not to disturb your fiance

Which is he? I would assume husband as you called out housewife?

1 Like

I’ve really enjoyed this. So far I’ve gotten endings 1, 2, 4, and 5c. Still trying to figure out how to get any of the others. The current hangups:

1. The game errors out after you pick up the food delivery, so you cannot eat it.
  2. Having no back button really makes the replayability hard. It can be quite a slog to get back to where you were to try a different ending.
2 Likes

can’t play the game like this

Ok, the delivery has been fixed! Yeah, again, not much of a coder, sorry about that.

Bug is still occurring for me. Has the link been updated?

1 Like

Nope, it is still there

1 Like

Nope, apparently I forgot to hit save and didn’t actually post the last build ˙◠˙

I made sure to do so this time - I’ve also gone ahead and fixed all grammatical errors you guys found during your playthroughs.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a use for the garage or attic yet?