Eternal Dungeon by Throwaway3000

Game’s good but there are too many bugs and glitches. Content’s ok, pretty decent “fatteningn” content. Since i suppose this game will eventually be fixed and updated, i was thinking: what about more boob and ass pills?

So idk what everyone’s experience is but for me the game had me save scumming like hell to get anywhere. I downloaded the revised version and the most consistent bug I got was in the dungeon, some of the rooms dont reset. So what I assume is happening is the game is checking for a room to send the player, if it is a room they have already done it will pop up for a half sec and the fade to black to find another room. In long single trips to the dungeon after like 5-6 rooms it will keep flashing black until I eventually just get a black screen.

Also the purple endurance room bugs when this happens, making it so you can’t leave even after the timer has run out.

Outside of the bugs, I think starting the character at max wl 10 and wc 5 would help. If you run into an endurance room first room or a quiz room you sometimes auto lose before you can go to menu to eat something. Feels really bad for new players. If you need to balance it, just take some of the starting items away. Also the super message item only increases level by 3 like the normal one as opposed to 6 like the tool tip says.

This is a really good base/prototype, btw. I really like it despite the bugs.

I had to save scum to in fact anytime I was in the room with the gold chest I would save and if I was about to die I would reload my save.

Yeah, just got stuck in an endurance room, timer ran out, still can’t leave. That bug is killer.

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 155 |

| Writing: | 185 |

| Concept/Design | 1255 |

| Msc: | 150 |

| Total: | 21940 |

Comments:

Before I go to far into it, I want to say I love the concept. A puzzle rogue like is a very interesting concept on its own but its really cool adding in weight as the main key. Unfortunately, this was the only game I was not able to finish mainly due to badly implemented puzzles and multiple bugs that resulted in hard and soft locks that prevented further progress without save scumming. Due to this my scoring is more based on the concept and what I was able to experience.

Once again I love the concept and I think its cool it was built ontop of RPG maker, but its current implementation is quite a bit flawed. Outside of the bugs (which to be fair its a game jam) there are two main issues.

First, puzzle design, mainly the timed puzzles. There are a great many rooms that seem to zap your weight while you are in them making them timed puzzles. This is not a big deal but there are two issues with it. First, the way most puzzles are explained are through a plaque in the center of the room. Having to read this for instructions while in the room can waste precious seconds and prevents the player from doing anything to prep for the room in advanced which can and will lead to instant deaths upon entering. This leads me to the second issue and that is that the rooms start draining weight as soon as you enter them with no warning. If a player is not at the proper weight for that room it will cause them to instantly die with no clue as to why since the rooms puzzle would have only been explained if they were able to read that plaque in the center of the room. I know there where quite a few times before I got in one with enough weight to barely survive that I thought it was just a glitch. Outside of the timed puzzles there are some (like the rock breaking puzzle) that require you to be at a certain weight (or be able to maintain weight through eating items) which can force you instantly into a no-win state that requires you to burn your run and escape.

The second major issue is there is there is almost no player agency in how they approach the dungeon. Each room is a dice roll that can either kill a run or kill the player, and since the player has no foresight on what these puzzles might be, they cannot perform higher level strategies or just simple risk/reward estimations to decide if they should attempt a room or not. Second, the way weight is managed is mainly through the consumption of items, but outside of initial scavenging in the “over world” it seems the only way you get items is by bringing special items to some of the NPCs (if they find them) or find them in the dungeon. This means every run is more or less dependent on if you find enough initial items to allow you to work your way around some of the puzzles. This is much easier said then done as the items in the initial room never respawn after the first run and if you find items or not that can help you is up to the RNG gods.

I would suggest that you tell players what the puzzles are before they enter a room so they can decide what room they should take on, and instead of finding general items in the rooms only spawn the key items for the �quests� and make it money that the player does not drop when they die. This money can then be used at a shop to gear up for their next run and allow you to keep the item loss on death mechanic. These two changes would not fix all the issues with the current design but would be a large step forward to addressing the largest issues.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 222 |

| Writing: | 188 |

| Concept/Design | 782 |

| Msc: | 50 |

| Total: | 21447 |

Comments:

With how many RPGmaker games our community gets it is nice to see new things tried. There were a lot of bugs that broke the path. The teddy room. Escape skill stopped working. I think it prevented me from seeing some of the game’s content, so that sucks. But what I did see was good, just in need of some fixing. I gave this feedback a bunch last year, and I think your game would benefit from it as well - transparency. How does the player know to do certain things? I ended up wasting time scouring the over world looking for gifts because I thought that was part of preparing for the dungeon. And then later in the game i found myself using gifts because I thought they were just food to help get through the dungeon (It might be good to mention that in the description). I think some of the quizes with a big unforgiving and I even took a lot of music classes. The mechanic of showing a block of text then quizzing on it later isn’t that interesting of a mechanic IMO since it just relies on memorization. But overall I liked the project and if it was your first game, then I applaud you for your work!

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 195 |

| Writing: | 165 |

| Concept/Design | 840 |

| Msc: | 15 |

| Total: | 21355 |

Comments:

I need to first say that I do like the central concept of this game, managing your weight limit and your actual weight, but the actual execution of the moment to moment gameplay is what very much turned me off from this experience. The puzzle design, I’m going to be blunt, was extremely frustrating and that’s not counting the multifarious soft locks that are in the game due to bugs. For instance, the quiz minigames not only require you to read through a long text block in an NPC’s house that’s easy to miss, but to have an extremely good memory or just working knowledge of the subject material. I actually just ran through all the options using my items. That’s not something, I find, that meshes well with a fetish game.

Furthermore, the game can be over with one wrong step. If you go into the dungeon without any WL, it instantly kicks you out while taking away your items, meaning you have no way of actually getting back into the dungeon. The difficulty and tedium needs to be looked at hard here, because the core concept is great, but the execution is not.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 105 |

| Writing: | 170 |

| Concept/Design | 775 |

| Msc: | 60 |

| Total: | 21235 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 160 |

| Writing: | 210 |

| Concept/Design | 390 |

| Msc: | 60 |

| Total: | 20970 |

Comments:

The story telling and the various interesting characters in these really help to place you in the world, not to mention the amount of bits to read both in and out of the dungeon. All in all an intriguing world with stories to tell, it�s a lot of fun learning about the characters and exploring the different dungeons. Great submission!

Scores

Art: 837

Writing: 918

Sound: 815

Design: 4042

Total: 106947