ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

This thing sounds and looks very nice,if someone want i would want to try it (im a pretty begginer in d&d stuff)

1 Like

im into dnd if anyone here would like to run a game?

1 Like

I’d also be interested in playing a game with these rules. As an artist, I was really relieved to see you referenced all the art used! If I was included in such a game, I’d be happy to help create graphics for player characters, NPCs, monsters, ect.

I agree that there should be either feats, or a sorcerer perk that would double, triple ect the gain with certain spells. Using sorcery points to make gains more potent, ect ect. I know there’s some mentions of doubling it here and there, but I think if we got together a game we could easily homebrew a system for that as well. It’s nice to see that this exists as a basic framework.

Get a couple people and start a Roll20 game perhaps? I’m in.

2 Likes

Some genius actually started a looking for group forum for people who wanted to game. You might have more luck if you start putting posts there.

Would someone be so kind as to create a solo campaign using these rules? I’m new to D&D, and I would like to be able to practice on my own before asking to join someone else’s campaign.

Unsure what you mean. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a D&D game without at least two people, generally more. Otherwise, what’s the point?

D&D game with two people is almost the same like a rp with rolls

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making a sort of tutorial campaign with only one player and one DM, I assume they only wanted to learn the rules before jumping into a real game with other people.

2 Likes

Can I try out a game like that too? With one player and a Dungeon Master?

Exactly. I’ve never played a classic pencil-and-paper RPG before, but I’m interested enough to try it out. The idea of trying to learn the game while also keeping pace with an experienced group makes me nervous. Besides, given the particular rules in question, it would be nice if I could stop at any time to (ahem) “appreciate” the weight gain elements.

2 Likes

Is there anyone here with a Discord to join to maybe play some sessions with ExpanD&D in mind?

Should I create a server for you to play with some people?

Go ahead, please. I’d enjoy that.

Somebody else would have to be the game manager though. I have no experience with Dungeons & Dragons.

I just I found that a server that was in actually uses ExpanD&D. Here’s a link.
Discord A Role Play Server! - #116 by echo_tine

To BlakLite:
Oh! I am so sorry, I completely misunderstood what you were asking. When you asked for a solo campaign, I thought you meant a one person campaign, as in one player. No Dm, no co-players, just one dude(ette) playing solitare, DnD style. And, well, like I said, really don’t see the point there.

Unfortunately, I am currently full up already, no room to start another game. My friends and I do have a campaign currently going, and I think we could survive one or two more players, but actually starting something new? Sorry, not right now.

What kind of campaign is it?

It’s actually three campaigns. Three of us are GMs, and we trade off control and settings to avoid burning out on any of them. We’re going to be switching campaigns in a little bit, so this is a good time to hop on, and we probably have room for one or two more players.

All three campaigns involve weight gain and the ExpanD&D rules to varying degrees. The next setting up is less wilderness adventure, more city based intrigue. Still fights and exploration and such, but locked down to one place with recurring characters. All core and ExpanD&D class options permitted.