ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

There’s a bunch of new stuff around, including some more standard equipment that is available to adventurers, a new race called the Þyr, and a new class called the Dark Knight, the latter two are both found in the Apocrypha of Letidýra

2 Likes

an idea for the book Avenice’s Archive two characters that you can use to inspire fader a Monastic Traditions would be the Choji (naruto) and luffy (one piece)

long time lurker first time posting love your work however for some reason the Apocrypha of Letidýra wouldn’t load for me I don’t know if I need to be a patron or what. Any idea why that is

Apocrypha of Letidýra should be open to everyone, I’m not sure what would be causing that problem especially since I haven’t heard anyone else being unable to access any of the documents individually.

It’s working now. thank you

What do you people think of the new Þyr race? I’m somewhat intrigued by it.

The Apocrypha keeps mentioning the Bloated condition, but I can’t find it in that or the main file. Where is it and what does it actually do?

The bloated condition is actually in the core ED&D book. It’s a slightly more slobbish and effective poisoned condition.

There’s another new book added to the list, Matron Lustre’s Book of Secrets, very early just like all the rest but at the moment including new rules for handling lactation in your games as well as one new monster and a new player race.

1 Like

Alright I just want to say that, a spell that basically takes away all the fat on someone’s body sounds really, really fun to use. That’s just me though.

1 Like

personally it can be a little frustrating for an NPC / player to take the fun out of a player even if it’s a joke

Typically, the best solution for incorporating such a ‘crippling’ effect is build-up. If a character goes on a quest to stop the bad-guy from digging up/inventing/rediscovering such a draining spell, and fails, which leads to the spell being used on them…

Well, it’s not necessarily more pleasant, but it’s more fitting, as it were, and it segues nicely into a quest to get that weight back.

Are there any sessions open that I can join? I’m new to D&D and have wanted to play a game for a while

Hey, this just hit me, but what if we add in like, variants/colors for Dragonborns? Cause they are from dragons, right? So there should be Liptomantic, Myomantic and Noxious dragonborns right? Or is that just me?

1 Like

That’d be a cool edition I’d like to see.

this is really cool and interesting, made account to comment here just for this

Want to ask some questions, 1. Will you ever make a book detailing the expandd&d worldbuilding?
2. Will you add more rules for well eating creatures and stuff? or a supplement on that
3. Not sure if ive missed stuff, but would you add the ability to eat and digest objects or materials?

Those first two things are already in the works. The third is more something to just distinguish with your GM in a campaign, not something that really needs a specific rule for every character to follow. There might be an archetype or two that references it.

1 Like

I’ve added Narce’s Experiment Notes to the list of books! This book is intended as something of an Optional Rules compendium, very similar to Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything. It will have a bunch of alternate class features, optional rules alterations, and similar things that could help modify the rest of the books in its contents.

1 Like

Yo, if everybody could give me a hand for a moment, I’ve got a quick request; I haven’t had credits for other creators posted in my works since the beginning because of the combination of the fact that I didn’t start doing it and once I was so far along it would be too hard to put credits in the right spots to be fair to everyone, and also because of the amount of my own work that goes into the individual things once they get into my hands, but I finally decided that I still want to make sure that everybody else whose hard work goes into this gets recognition. I’m gonna be putting a Contributors page at the bottom of each of the documents with the names/usernames of everybody who contributed anything to the document, no matter how small, if they want their names there. If anything in the document is even partially your idea and you’d like your name in it, please let me know so I can get as comprehensive a list as possible.

2 Likes

Something you’ll learn about me is I work best when I’ve got lots of things to work on, so when I get bored working on one thing I can shift over to something else. Here comes another side project!

I’m creating a side supplement to help bring the races and classes of the FFXIV 5e Compendium (Which is linked in the document) in-line with ED&D, so you can have your fatty adventures in the lands of Eorzea (or any other FF setting, let’s be honest here.)

2 Likes