Extraterrestrial Gains - 1.0.2 - On Hiatus

thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Gonna see how much progress I can get done today, could potentially have another release out soon, then you’ll be able to start exploring more of the station and uncovering it’s secrets, as well as uncovering new growths…

6 Likes

The current download appears to not have a executable file / HTML in it, and the embedded version on Itch.io also appears to be broken, and complains about an invalid storage adapter.

2 Likes

The download has been repaired, tested it and it should work now. Had no problems at all when launching it in itch though, could be a problem on your end.

1 Like

The first Bad End was incredibly hot. Kudos for that, and I can’t wait to see what else you will do!

1 Like

Thanks! I plan to write a fair amount more for that ending since the description is pretty short right now, but glad ya enjoyed it!

Mini progress update

• Still working on making both labs fully playable, the routes are nearly done so it’s just the descriptions I need to get on with
  • Added backgrounds that change depending on the room you’re in. Felt this was needed to break up the constant grey.
  • Added some lore that can be found about what happened to the station, even though this is a fetish game, there is still a story.
  • Converted health into lust. Now instead of reaching 0/50 health and it being game over, if you reach 50/50 lust then it’s game over. Reason behind this is that there was never going to be any real combat so having health as a feature was kinda pointless. You’ll see eventually how you can gain lust.

This stuff will be in the next update, whenever that rolls around. Cyas!

15 Likes

This is definitely really good so far, can’t wait until it gets updated further keep up the great work! :black_heart:

4 Likes

MINI PROGRESS UPDATE

First of all I want to apologise for the lack of content. Hit a writers block and didn’t have the motivation or time to continue this project, it’s not been abandoned!
The lab scenes remain unfinished, I don’t have the spark to get them going. The pathways exist but the descriptions don’t. The east lab scenes are the only mandatory ones bar the canteen so I’m going to see if I can prioritise those before the west lab scenes.
One problem I find myself having, is coming up with too many ideas, or too many possible routes. On one hand I’d like to get releases out as fast as possible, but on the other hand, if I feel like I’ve missed out large portions of the game that could have been there, I’ll only hate myself for it.

Gonna try and churn some stuff out today, I’ll probably let you know how that goes-

8 Likes

I understand, man. If you gotta take your time for something, it’s better than a half-decent rush of a game. Don’t burn yourself out.

3 Likes

thanks for being understanding :))

1 Like

As someone who has only put out 2 games in the span of a year because they very much have gone the route of making branching paths with lots of descriptions, I 1000% understand the swift burnout from trying to flesh out all the routes you want. It can be hard to grasp just how much writing is needed to cover that many pathways! Take your time and do it at a pace you enjoy. I typically try to just finish one branch at a time, that way you at least feel like there is one way for someone to “finish” the game like you intended, and then keep adding more branches as the inspiration strikes.

3 Likes

yeahhh, although it is probably best to do one route at a time, i get bored and wanna start or work on others at random points lmao

2 Likes

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but out of curiosity would there be any puzzle elements involved? Say for example you get trapped in a room and you’ve only a certain amount of actions/“turns” to escape.

3 Likes

there is going to be a lust mechanic that comes into play, restricting how long you can spend in a certain area, (no spoilers), which is fairly similar to what you mentioned. although I haven’t thought too much about puzzles, but now you’ve got me thinking about them. if you’ve got any other suggestions I’d love to hear them! :white_heart:

1 Like

At long last! a new version is finally out

I’m sorry for making you guys wait for so long but thank you all for being so understanding :))

17 Likes

Keep up the good work! Enjoyed the premise, and it looks like the beginnings of a good story are all here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a pretty good update, overall. However, I found a glitch where if you inspect yourself in a scene with weight gain, you’ll gain weight as if you’re in that scene for the first time, and therefore, allows you to go beyond the intended weight limit.
Now, I’m not at all experienced in game design, so what I think of might not be possible, but I think that a good solution to this would be for the next scene to happen once you’re done inspecting yourself. Granted, that may not be possible considering multiple choices and all that, but it’s something to consider.

3 Likes

Oooo hoping to find some new bad ends!

2 Likes

ah, thanks for pointing that out. I’ll see what I can do to sort that out, should have it fixed by next release