Hello everyone, it’s been a while since I last posted. I just wanted to confirm that the game still exists and is being worked on. There have been multiple delays, mostly because I am really bad at estimating release dates, but also because I had a mental breakdown and life tends to get in the way a lot. Still recovering from that but I’m continuing work on the game.
Currently redoing a lot of things since I’ve gotten a lot better at programming. No more release dates because I’m 90% sure I’ll miss it again. Also adding a lot of extra QoL and other improvements now that I don’t have to worry about a deadline.
Anyways, obligatory pretty screenshot:
As for anyone new to the project, we have a web page you can read. I’ll update that occasionally with new information on the game. Please note that the rest of the wiki is relatively empty so it’s not recommended to go browsing through it at the moment. Most content is in the community Discord and needs to be moved to the wiki.
Many people wanted a Discord just to hear news about the game, so we now have two Discord servers. The community server is now more strict with applications but gets free access to the game’s main server as well as easy access to suggesting features or new content for the game, whereas the gateway server has only basic discussion and news channels.
You can join the gateway server here. Community server applications also happen there now.
Please note that Faehna can be hosted on any computer. The game’s main server will be available through Patreon or by joining the community server, but you can also either host your own server or find a community-hosted one.
I did say in the original post that I wouldn’t be accepting money until I was content with the current features of the game but things have changed so if you have a bit of extra money, I would really appreciate it if you could subscribe to the Faehna Patreon. I work on the game every day so it would really help me and also contribute to the game’s development as well as helping me buy a better server to host the game on.
Anyways, that’s pretty much all for now. I hope to finish the first demo soon but no promises.
A lot of people keep joining because they want to help on the project. Normally, this would be good, and it partially is, but please keep in mind:
- Playtesters not needed. I am pretty tired of getting “I want to playtest” in the community server applications. We already have an abundance of willing people in the community server if we ever need playtesting.
- Treat it as volunteering. I can’t guarantee payment and the game likely won’t make much money. Fetish games typically aren’t profitable when you offer them for free and don’t gate half the features behind a paywall.
- Please do not apply if you are only going to help on small things. If it’s small then I’ll do it myself or have another one of the developers do it.
- Suggesting things is not a job. There is a suggestions channel in the gateway server if you need it. This includes lore writing, unless you have examples of previous work or do it professionally.
At the moment, we only need:
- Artists (for both promotional purposes and texturing)