Fallout New Vegas Weight Gain Mod

I can’t spawn the food, therefore the mod is broken.

look up where the mod is in your load order and replace the xx’s with that number or letter combination

FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN’T KNOW THE CODE TO SPAWN ITEMS IS

player.additem (insertcodehere) (Amount)

2 Likes

A small tip for anyone who was experiencing the black texture bug, if everything is installed but you’re still getting the bug then simply disable then reenable “Vortex Archive Invalidation” from the Vortex mods list.

Also, will there ever be a version of this mod with underwear? It’s not that big an of an issue for me, but I find that total nudity can get to be a bit silly after awhile

2 Likes

I’ve made a quick basic underwear replacer version just to test things out and see how things would react. The issue is unless parts of the base cbbe mesh are hidden or removed first (there is a way to do that I just couldn’t remember how to right now), parts of the body will clip through the under wear when the character moves around.

I’ve had some fun messing around testing out this first release though, and I’m intrigued by this mod.

One quick question, in the mods current state is it possible to trigger the quest, The Fruits of Your Labour, or is it not complete enough in this version? I played through the preceding vanilla quest There Stands the Grass (lying to Kelly to keep the data or killing her to keep it, makes no difference), on a new save with this mod installed and waited several days, but nothing has changed.
The Fruits of Your Labour does not start, Hildern does not have any new dialogue after receiving the data, all I can really do him is kill him and get the quest failed message.

2 Likes

I’m not able to spawn the food, I put in the index # and the priority # and then the ID and it says not found in whatever.
And I can’t even gain weight… also i can’t use bodyslide anymore.
This is too difficult to even fix.

to spawn in an item you must first check your load order to see what 2 character value has been assigned to the mod, whatever that value is for you must be used to replace XX in the item Id given.

For example if you want to spawn in 1 salient green, which was added to the game by the old world blues dlc.
If you look on the wiki it says its item id is XX0133B1. The XX being a place holder which must be replaced with the value assigned within your load order

If you check your load order, you should see that it has been assigned the value of 03 (as long as you have the other dlcs installed at least )

So to add it to your inventory in game you must

1 open the console

2 Type in

player.additem 030133B1 1

3 Press enter

and one Salient green will be added to your inventory

(if you instead typed
player.additem 030133B1 2
you would have received two salient green so on)

If this does not work for you I’m afraid you are doing something wrong

I did all that, and i don’t even know how to use the mod organizer.

Ah I think I see the problem the author seems to have accidently posted the wrong ids the ones which work in game are.

unstable metabolism serum

XX002DE5

Ruby’s special casserole
XX0027F6

Ruby’s experimental casserole
XX002511

experimental fruit

XX003cbf

The only vanilla food items to effect weight in the current version are. Nuka cola, Fancy lads snack cakes, Irradiated Fancy lads snack cakes, Rubys casserole, Nuka cola quantum, Nuka cola victory and Nuka cola quartz.

Hope that helps

5 Likes

Oh! Thanks, sorry for worrying, Just trying to figure all this out and it’s really confusing :frowning:

Yeah the last thing I worked on was the start of the “Fruits of Your Labor Quest”. There is nothing to it yet, nor is it possible to cure the fruit addiction yet so I would avoid eating it.

I’d be curious to see the underwear replacer you made, if that’s alright with you :slightly_smiling_face:

and thank you for posting the correct codes for the new food items, I accidentally used the ID that pops up when I clicked on it in game.

I would but its just rough vanilla underwear version I quickly threw together. It looks ok in the editor, but in game due to the skeleton and player character animations, the characters body clips through. Its defiantly possible to do better though. I’d post it anyway but as my account for this site is quite new it wont let me add any images or attachments. I’ll post something on a better version if and when the site will let me.

1 Like

You may be able to DM your images and files despite having a newer account, although I’m not 100% sure

I forgot to mention what one of the perks does, Sugar Rush is a perk that makes Fancy Lad Snack Cakes and all glowing variants of Nuka Cola give you the turbo effect for a lower duration than Turbo (the drug) and Implant GRX (no addiction chance, much like Implant GRX). I’ve made the requirements for this perk higher since I posted the demo, it now requires 7 Agility and you to be level 16 instead of 6.

I also made the unstable serum perk (you can’t get it in the demo) to instead remove the strength and endurance based weight loss based on what @anon99863170 suggested. So now you’d only lose the base, minimum amount of weight every day (-3), and if you picked the fast metabolism perk, you actually lose even less weight then before (-2). This only happens if you use the unstable serum and get unlucky to get this trait, so you will in effect be reliant on the serum or lipo for weight loss rather than time.

1 Like

I’m also making at leas one perk that’s specialized to a specific weight level. I have three so far:

Peak Physique (the well fed perk): When well fed, +1 END, +1 AGL and remove the movement speed penalty for well fed. Also lose additional weight every day if you are above Well Fed (lose more weight the fatter you are).

Curvaceous (the chubby perk, requires at least one of the vanilla seduction perks): Adds additional seduction dialogue to some character who’s sex matches your seduction perks (Men for black widow and confirmed bachelor. Women for Lady Killer and Cherchez La Femme) when you are chubby. Also gives you +5 barter and +1 CHR when chubby. Think of this one as essentially a rank 2 of the seduction perks. NOTE: there will be seduction dialogue for more extreme weights, but they will fewer and farther between and not require this perk to access them, most likely it will require the vanilla seduction perks as the secondary requirement for those encounters.

Sumo Courier (the morbidly obese perk): When morbidly obese, you get +5 to melee and unarmed damage as well as +30 carry weight. This one is less beneficial then the other two perks on purpose due things like the conditioning perk removing/improving the main drawbacks of the higher weight levels.

I’m a bit stuck on what to do for the Fat and Obese perks though, any ideas? I would like it, if I can manage it, to make each perk cater (even if mildly) to a different play style (well fed caters to survival and ranged characters mostly, chubby catering to dialogue heavy characters, morbidly obese to melee/unarmed etc.). The real hurdle is coming up with abilities that specific weight level would have, but the others wouldn’t necessarily.

1 Like

maybe something about Durabilty Blubber shield? could also improve melee damage from the weight adding force?

1 Like

I was thinking about making a more general perk that adds DT on top of the DR for the higher weights, so the blubber shield idea will be a perk as well, unless you had something different in mind (I’m all ears).

I was also thinking more along the lines of a perk effect unique to those two weight levels that the others don’t/wouldn’t have (The morbidly obese perk adds melee damage, for example). Thanks for the input though :slightly_smiling_face:

well I did feel some sort of blubbernught perk would be neat a very fat player Huge defense boost when at low health and high weight or something to that affect. would say yes a player can heal and keep the affect but it has a cool down before it can be used again and a time limit not linked to health

1 Like

This mod is great so far. I can’t wait for outfits to work with it.
Now if only we can get physics working with the body like the BnB mod or the weight gain mod from FO4 >_>

1 Like

I like the idea of the “Curvacous” perk but it seems a little under powered in my opinion. Charisma in New Vegas is an infamous dump stat, with little purpose beyond buffing your companions a little and allowing the player to pass a minimal amount of charisma speech checks. +5 barter is fine, but given that it’s the only practical benefit of the perk outside of special dialogue options it seems like a weak choice. Maybe add additional social buffs such as stronger companions or a discount on food items in the game? That or maybe you could just enhance the damage bonus slightly from seduction perks

1 Like

I see your point about it being a bit weak, but I intend to add quite a lot of dialogue options if you have the perk, the charisma and barter benefits are just side benefits so it has some use outside of specific dialogues. I’d rather not further increase the damage boosting of the seduction perks since they are already VERY unbalanced in favor the ones affecting males (almost every player will be fighting the Legion at some point, which is a 100% male army. NCR also leans towards male with soldiers that are higher rank then trooper). I’ll see if there’s anything more unique I can come up with or if I should make the existing barter benefit more pronounced if the dialogue options aren’t as powerful as I would have liked.

1 Like