Fat creature in Spore: tutorial

Search the Internet. There for different versions (Galactic Adventuress / just Spore) different folders.

Has the mod stopped working for anyone all of a sudden? I managed to make it work by getting it on origin but after a few days later it doesn’t, i only noticed it not working anymore when i tried to make something new

Creatures made with this mod lives even without it. Are you sure what this mod ever worked for you at all?

Yeah I know it works cause the first thing i did when i first installed it was make a new creature from scratch in the creator, and like i said before it’s how i figured out it suddenly stopped working for me when i tired to make a new creature since i usually increase and decrease the spine to check which only went through the default values

Check if the file is intact. The antivirus couldn’t remove it?

The files are still in place and i even re-downloaded the zip you gave me thinking the files could’ve been corrupt but even that wasn’t the case, the files are there but for some reason it’s just not reading/loading them…

Idk. If you play Galactic Adventures, you have two Spores (with/without GA). They have differend folders for mods. Maybe you played a Spore without this mod?

I’m running out of versions.

I still have the steam version of spore which has GA in it since i got the deal along with the cute pack and the origin version is just base spore since I couldn’t get anything else at the time. I could uninstall GA and see if that fixes it

Hey, for a file like this where would I put the mod:

As a side note, I am using the gog version.

Typically you’d put it in DataEP1, since most mods require GA for compatibility.

As an aside, does anyone else have issues with the mods provided earlier in the thread not working on limbs? I’ve been using Sneky’s Leg Day for a while now and it works fine for most things, but it’ll snap exoskeleton limbs to their vanilla minimum scale and keep them there if you try to scale them, which kinda sucks.
I loaded in CC Scale Limits and Infinite Scaling earlier today to see how they compare, and they work for everything except limbs.

Considering the scales I’ve been working with lately, that obviously isn’t ideal. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gotta respect the larger fatties :3

2 Likes

But yeah I thought it meant limb length, guess I gotta try making them wider lol

1 Like

Yeah, the infinite scaling would apply to how much you can fatten/thin the limbs. Only way for me to get that is with Sneky’s, but exo limbs become unscalable. If you want more length, you can always copypaste parts of limbs onto other limb joints to give you more room to play with, though that comes at the cost of complexity. You won’t usually need more than four or five joints per roll, though.

(Dark Injection will make complexity basically a non-issue, thankfully.)

2 Likes

I can’t seem to get the mods to work. I have the Steam versions of Core and C&C

Steam is notoriously difficult to get mods to work with it. Most people will use the Origin or GOG versions of Spore, which will typically work with mods. Most mods also will require GA to work anyway, since it provides so many more things for modders to work with than Core and C&C.

(or so the modders say, but since I haven’t made any Spore mods, I can’t tell you that myself)

Secretly, pirates have a more stable Spore.

I’m having an issue with Snek’s mods. I don’t think any of the ones I’ve tried are working for me (Leg Day, Wiggle, and Graphics). I have the GOG Spore Collection with the Dr Pepper patch 1.06 BP2_Data.package file added after installing the Collection, then I downloaded UPE and used it to install all 3 of your mods one-at-a-time. I boot the game using UPE as it instructs. I am currently in the Creature Stage and when I try to resize limbs the limits are unchanged, and also the Wiggle and Graphics seem unchanged. Did I do something wrong? Are the mods no longer working? I am trying to use the texture mod at the highest resolution option, which I notice says has been reported to be highly unstable. Could that be the issue? I would think it wouldn’t completely interfere with the other mods working. I am new to this so it’s possible that I’m making some noob mistake. Any insights or help please?

1 Like

I don’t have experience with Wiggle or Graphics, but Sneky’s Leg Day is… weird. I’ve noticed that for some people it just doesn’t work, and in my case it only works on normal limbs; exo and bot limbs just snap to the smallest normal scale on joints and can’t be moved from that.

Have you tried it in one of the editors from the main menu?

do you have a link to the mod? i want to make sure im not installing a different cc scale limits mod

how did you make the belly? it looks great!