Feed the Crown: Deluxe Edition (PLAYABLE DEMO)

Exactly, what matters is not the duration of the game but its quality!

It’s a solution but it just feels so…innatural. And as I said I’m not a fan of what naturally becomes a giant ball, or an amorphous blob, of fat with tiny head and limbs. I just don’t find euclidean shapes with useless appendages attached to them interesting, there’s no confrontation with the variety of body types and shapes you can find at physically sustainable weights. No offence, you don’t choose what you like, but I can’t get the appeal of being a giant disabled person that can’t do anything by itself XD

I understand it’s a more fantasy (and extreme) take on the kink but it’s an incociliable difference with those who have a more grounded and believable view.

5 Likes

It works well for the engineering of Eat The Dungeon, it can be quite natural depending on the game and how it is applied.

In those cases where the character turns into a ball of fat, I don’t like it either, because a person ends up literally turning into a ball, but if the character ends up being immobile as in the previous game set as an example, it’s something that attracts me, if you’re not familiar with Eat The Dungeon here is the link to his topic: Eat The Dungeon General Discussion is a good game, I recommend playing it.

I already played it a year or so ago, but thanks anyway :blush: The reason I didn’t played it much was because after a while the characters become too disproportionate for my tastes unfortunately, plus I’m not a huge fan of that genre of games.

With unnatural I mean that having an exo-skeleton carrying you isn’t something we’re used to see in the real world, so it just feels strange. Logically and mechanically it’s completely fine, obviously.

1 Like

I liked it, it’s currently among my favorite weight gain games :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but I respect what you like, as I said before each one has its own, but in case the character turns into something ridiculously impossible like a literal fat ball I don’t like it either because they stop being people and turn into balls. lol

1 Like

Pulling this thread back round to topic, I’d imagine you’d feel similarly disinclined to see the queens grow to immobility in this game. Given how big Claire got by the end of ‘The Breakfast Chub’ this gives us a good yardstick for how big Roops could go, but this is still just speculation at the end of the day. Three different queens could mean three very different scenarios…

@Roops Curiously, how comfortable are you with SSBBW sizes and beyond?

8 Likes

@Roops we call upon you again for some based insight

1 Like

Hey everyone! Not really sure of the best way to communicate this, but I figure the people who care will see it here. The 2021 Gain Jam is coming to a close soon. My game for this year is technically “complete” and in a playable state, but I won’t be submitting for the jam.

Sharing it as it is feels like it would be doing an injustice to all the time and effort I’ve put into it over the past two weeks. I’m proud of what I accomplished in the time period, but if I only ever publish rushed game jam games, I’ll miss out on learning so many lessons.

I hope that you’ll understand, and that the quality of my future work will benefit from this decision.

P.S. I’m sorry I don’t check in here more often. but please know that I’m always appreciative of your support–I owe a lot of my progress as a developer to all of you.

30 Likes

They were extending it for a couple more weeks, I believe, as stated by this post

Happy to lend my support. You’re one of my favorite creators on this site, and I can’t wait to see what you came up with. ^^

5 Likes

This is incorrect, the jam is ending tonight (roughly one hour from this post). We were gauging interest on extending it, but massive backlash turned us away from the idea.

4 Likes

Oh, my bad. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

It’s a shame you couldn’t post it for the jam but also ty for making something to hold us over till feed the crown is finished. When do you think you’ll be able to post this new game tho?

6 Likes

Let’s face it–I’m not very good at giving accurate release estimates! (Or scoping projects, apparently :upside_down_face:) The reason I held off on releasing this is because I want to polish things and learn more from it. So it will be ready when it’s ready! I’ll make a new thread when it’s time and be sure to let everyone know.

20 Likes

Hey Roops, it’s been a while! I’m sure many people agree with me when I say this, but please take all the time you need. You’re doing great work and I cannot wait to play the final game, but we all want it to be a game you’re proud of and happy with. Whenever you do release it, know we’ll be there to play it and love it.

4 Likes

More hyped for this than e3 games haha

6 Likes

Beyond no please lol, ssbbw is the perfect spot to hit, this os my opinion.

1 Like

To each their own. I’m kinda curious how big Roops can make the girls, admittedly. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

In my opinion Roops will participate in E3 bringing this demo

It’s not just a question of how big they get, but also how predisposed they are in reaching this goal. Based on the personalities of the queens we’ve seen*, the Cat Queen seems the most keen - if anything it might be a challenge to hold her back!

On the flip side the Bird Queen seems the most troubled by her ordeal, though perhaps a firmer hand can bring her in line? Maybe she can learn to embrace it like a duck taking to water (hah).

Then we have the mystery of the Mouse “Queen”. Of fierce and passionate militant resolve, but also quite amenable to her situation, even hinting at wanting to go further by the end of it. Is this really all for the sake of the Resistance?

*taking this all with a pinch of salt since it’s possible that the queens could be subject to change - Roops has kept tight-lipped about them!

8 Likes