Feed the Crown: Deluxe Edition (PLAYABLE DEMO)

Bacon is a universal dish- that’s just common knowledge.

image g a s p

12 Likes

Okay, that got a chuckle outta me.

1 Like

So then! With a greater focus on the narrative, as per Roops’s latest comments, it sounds like each of the queens will have a complete story. Any speculations as to how they’ll end? Will they have good endings, or potentially dark endings - a greedy queen’s pilfering plunging her realm into chaos and war? :fire:

1 Like

I’m partial to good endings myself, so I’m envisioning a united realm with a ruling triumvirate of fat and happy queens. :relaxed:

2 Likes

That would be awesome if that were possible. Maybe like a “True Ending” after completing all of the factions, then you get a special quest mission where you’re switching between knights or something.

4 Likes

Or you just play as a mercenary knight.

1 Like

An intriguing notion! There was talk of a rogue “vagabond” character back in the gain jam thread, a singular individual who steals from the palace to feed herself.

Could be a neat way to unlock the character too, in a way that makes narrative sense - with peace between the realms once more and everyone’s guard lowered, now’s the time to strike!

As to the mercenary angle, perhaps there’s a shadowy figure who wants to sow discord between the realms and hires a starving scoundrel for the deed. Payment, plus whatever loot they can get their paws on!

3 Likes

Cant wait to play the actual game!

That’d actually be interesting. The perfect species for this would be a wolverine, since they often intimidate other carnivores into handing over their kills rather than hunting themselves. The only thing is, she won’t be able to have a gender-swappable knight, since the “queen” is the player character.

And hey, if our Rogue did have a shadowy benefactor, then it could be this figure that our character would be talking to after each successful raid so you could still have the dialogue aspect as with the other queens (either that or our character has a habit of musing aloud to herself, heh)

Plus, since we have the knight characters getting heavier and impacting gameplay, the same mechanics can apply to her as she gets heavier with each successful score. Sure, she’s getting a little… bulkier, but she can use that to her advantage!

I could certainly picture the queens each having a fat and happy ending… Then again, I feel that there’s also capacity for some darker sides emerging… :smiling_imp:

Imagine if we take a leaf from Animal Farm and the Mouse Queen ends up being no better than the pigs, becoming the new oppressor of her subjects?

Or the Cat Queen, upon bring the Pig realm to heel, now has her greedy ambitions set at becoming an Empress?

Power can corrupt, and corruption can empower!

3 Likes

Or the Bird queen, who goes from devoted and caring ruler, to a despotic and selfish tyrant. Bonus points if their attire and appearance also change, something more extravagant or luxurious, but ill-fitting or revealing, or darker/more seductive. Heck, even their make-up or hairstyle could change.
But for that to happen, we’d need a roleplay element, with dialogue options that can either: corrupt or enable their worst traits, or keep them grounded and be their moral compass.

From there, a lot more endings are made available, perhaps even the notion of romance…

1 Like

I don’t want to spoil too much of what will or won’t happen (so there are still some surprises when the game releases), but I absolutely LOVE reading all this stuff–you all are awesome!

I will say that the vagabond idea didn’t make the cut in the traditional sense, but remnants of the core idea will show up in the next devlog I’m working on.

22 Likes

Some fanart of the Cat Queen that arose from a character poll!

Artist: Viro Veteruscy

11 Likes

Best queen getting that sweet sweet content.

This is incredible! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi everyone and happy new year! I have a question.
But is the fatness of the queen of pigs like the initial fatness of the three queens?
Let me explain better, in the last devlog we see the pig queen already a little plump compared to the three queens, if we were to play with the pigs the queen starts already fat or becomes thin?

Happy New Year, @Red!

The Pig Queen starts off plumper than the others because of the wealth and resources of her kingdom. (Plus it just fits her pig nature) As a Pig Knight, it is your sworn duty to take back the stolen food and help your queen reach new levels of unabashed gluttony!

12 Likes

Makes sense to me! Upon learning that her precious comestibles are being pilfered, the only logical way to safeguard her wares is to consume them so that no one can steal them!

Kinda makes it a frantic race for the Pig Queen to eat all of her treats before they get taken~

No good saving these for a rainy day. It’s time to break open this piggy’s food bank!

3 Likes