Feed the Crown: Deluxe Edition (PLAYABLE DEMO)

Just wanted to drop in with a quick update: My job has somehow gotten even more chaotic since the last time I posted. I work on a small team, and recently had a coworker leave for a new job opportunity. As a result I’ve been doing my work in addition to theirs. It’s been kind of a nightmare hahaha.

Of course, I wouldn’t be posting about that if it wasn’t related to the game. Unfortunately my extra work responsibilities have set me back a little bit in terms of progress on the demo. Everything is still coming along nicely, but I will have to delay the demo’s release until the 1st or 2nd week of March.

In terms of some GOOD news, I’ve scheduled a few vacation days across the next couple months to allow me more dedicated time to work on this project. The release of the demo will include a devlog outlining the production schedule for the rest of the game, as well as an estimated release date for the final product.

There’s still a lot of work to be done, but for the first time I can see the finish line way off in the distance. I know this has been a long journey, but I promise I’m continuing to work my hardest to make it a worthwhile one.

16 Likes

wishing you my best luck

1 Like

S’okay man, do your thing, we can wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers for the heads up! No biggie.

1 Like

An intriguing notion that dips into both political and personal relations for each ruler! As far as I can tell, the stories are being reworked for each so I would surmise that we would still be following an individual’s queen’s story for each playthrough, like with the gain jam entry.

Whether that still holds true, and as to the contents for each story, well that’s very much open to speculation! I think Roops will be keeping a lid on development on the queens’ stories, saving that for a future devlog once satisfied with the platforming mechanics.

2 Likes

really intresting we ll see how Roops has developed the story so far

1 Like

I imagine the Pig Queen may have a few choice words about the thieves in her castle and from where they hail from- rulers included! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It would be pretty amusing for a raging PQ to have a furious rant tailored for each queen and realm, be it cat, bird or rodent.

2 Likes

Whoops! I’m sorry I forgot to respond to your question when I posted my update. (I’m all over the place this week)

The current plans for the story might have some of the queens meeting under certain circumstances. But I don’t plan to reveal too much about the story beats before the release of the game since I want the players to get to discover it as they play! (Also, shoutout to @AlexKay who helped me brainstorm some fun story possibilities for each queen)

5 Likes

Happy to help! The characters are fun to write for :smile:

2 Likes

That’s awesome, I loved your gamejam version of this, and not only does it have great gameplay, but personally I think it has a really cool story, there is an actual motive to the charcters actions, which is rare in a platform, can’t wait to play the new demo!

4 Likes

It makes me so ecstatic to hear stuff like that!

Also… If this weekend goes well you shouldn’t have to wait too much longer :wink:

18 Likes

:eyes:
I’ve just been quietly hype for a few projects here, and this is very much one of them

3 Likes

Heckin’ same, I’m hype

2 Likes

Obviously take all the time you need, but I really can’t wait! I love this game so much

2 Likes

Now you’ve got me hyped up.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, Roops is probably just busy

1 Like

Roops has communicated that he is working on the game steadily while dealing with real life and work stuff. He seems to pop in every few weeks with an update and responded to comments here just a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

As others have mentioned, I’m juggling a lot of responsibilities right now. I know I’m a few weeks behind schedule hahaha :skull:

My job should be calming down soon, which will help a lot. I’m hesitant to share another estimated demo release date, because things have been pretty unpredictable with my schedule lately and I don’t want to mislead people again. Right now the tutorial/sample level is fully built and tested. I have to finish adding some sound effects, pop in the code to handle the rough music drafts I have, and clean up a couple animations. It’s really only about a day’s worth of work–I just have to find a day’s worth of time!

19 Likes

Although you didn’t need to, still appreciate the update regardless!

5 Likes

That’s absolutely fine, take your time. Make sure you rest too!

3 Likes